Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-01-2013   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41343 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

A person familiar with the deal says the Cleveland Browns have traded quarterback Colt McCoy to San Francisco.

McCoy, who started 21 games for the Browns in three seasons, has been sent to the 49ers for a late-round draft pick, said the person who spoke Monday to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the teams have not yet announced the trade.

McCoy became expendable last week when the Browns signed veteran backup Jason Campbell, who is expected to challenge Brandon Weeden for the starting job.
http://austin.ynn.com/content/sports...raded-to-49ers
Old 04-02-2013   #2
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colt McCoy traded to 49ers

And, yet another unprepared UT player continues to stumble around the league...

He'll be back in Austin in 3 years, as a coach or something.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

He'll probably be throwing at their pro day.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Its just sad what UT turns these guys into, especially when you consider they are pretty much the cream of the crop talent wise coming out of the state of texas. With the right coaching who knows what type of players they could be entering the league.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually had high hopes for McCoy.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #6
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Sadly, I'm not surprised.

At first, I thought he was too short, but, someone pointed out that he was the same height as Drew Brees. (He's actually an inch taller!) So then, I thought, ok, cool, maybe he'll make it.

But, alas, the curse of Mack Brown and the "Austin Bubble" rears its head again. He's doesn't have the arm strength or durability of Drew Brees.

I like Colt. Nice dude. I want him to succeed. But, overall, I'm not surprised he's struggling. He wasn't prepared at UT.

UT alumni have got to let that great Rose Bowl victory over USC go, and move forward. Their football program is flailing.
houstonspartan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013   #7
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
In Colts defense he really did not have much support. Its my belief he was supposed to sit for a year or so behind Delhomme and learn the ropes. He got thrown to the wolves before he was ready with a horrible lack of supporting talent and lost confidence.

I'm glad he is getting another chance with a much more talented organization.

Maybe he'll be the holder for his BFF Phil Dawson.
Old 04-02-2013   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134080 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

I wouldn't say that. McCoy was never thought of as that high of a prospect anywhere near how VY was. He was like a 3rd rounder or something like that, and I never thought of Colt as a great prospect, but more of a maybe kind of guy if he went to the right situation and over achieved. I thought he did over achieve in Cleveland his first year there on a horrible team. Then he didn't look so good the next season on that same horrible team with no weapons to work with and he never got a shot again. That team inherited a new coach as well during that tenure, so McCoy had everything possible against him.

I think he that SF is a great situation for him to go into where he could possibly emulate a similar style of Kapernick if he ever has to play. Colt McCoy never really got a full shot in his time in Cleveland to know to really know how well he possibly could have been. If Kapernick ever goes down for a good amount of time, we'll find out for sure. Coming into this league I always looked at COlt as mainly back up material though, but he surprised me a lot when I watched him as a rookie on the Browns.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read