Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2013   #1
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Needless to say, Wilfork was pissed and Johnson backed off quick.

Sorry if out there...

BOSTON (CBS) — There are certain things that should always be off limits for conversations, especially in public forums, and former Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson is learning that today.

Johnson, now a sports radio host in Houston, was participating in a segment called “None Of Your Business.” Johnson was asked by a caller to say which of his former teammates had the “ugliest spouse.” The website Houston Media Watch captured the audio and posted the segment online.

“Oh, my gosh. All right, you know what? I got it. Yeah, I got it. This is a big, big man,” Johnson said. “He won’t hear this — Vince Wilfork.”

Well, Johnson’s presumption proved true, but only temporarily, as the audio clip made its way around Twitter on Friday morning. And apparently, Wilfork caught wind of the comments, because he tweeted out a warning shot.

“Let me apologize to my fans in advance of whatever I may say today,” Wilfork tweeted, “but I do not play when it comes to my family.”

Wilfork’s previous tweet was directed at @TedJ52, Johnson’s Twitter account, according to his bio on the Sports Radio 610 site.

“[You're] barking up the wrong tree,” Wilfork wrote to Johnson. “I hear and see everything [expletive].”
Later, Wilfork posted a note he wrote on his iPhone to Twitter and directed it at Johnson. It read (edited for clarity):

“Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is [messed] up when an ex-teammate that I actually looked up to and enjoyed playing with takes shots at my wife for whatever reasons. I love my wife and my family. She is my everything. I don’t care when this was said — no one should cross that line. The line has been crossed so it is what it is. All I wanna say is [expletive] you! You don’t want to [expletive] with me or my family. Take shots at me all day but not them. I have a great family life and [am] blessed to have them.”

Johnson tweeted out an apology later Friday morning.

“I just made a huge error in judgement and want to apologize to Vince and his wife for comments I made earlier today on a Houston radio show,” @TedJ52 tweeted. “Vince and his family are outstanding people who I have admired since they arrived in [New England]. I learned a big lesson today and feel terrible.”

Wilfork and Johnson were teammates in 2004, when Wilfork was a rookie and Johnson was in his final season in the NFL.

Wilfork met his wife, Bianca, when he was a freshman at the University of Miami.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

I was listening when he said that. I love that segment.

Re: Bianca wilfork....she's not my type, but when it comes to ex teammates and people you deal/dealt with, you can choose your words more carefully.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I should probably keep my keyboard silent, but I would like to go on a little mini rant here:

Why do guys think it is ok to trash a women based on her looks? I read the posts from males I have met in person who are not in the least bit attractive who feel the need to insult to looks of a woman in a picture. I usually laugh and shake my head, these guys say the wouldn't hit it, when the reality is they wouldn't stand a chance in hell of "hitting it."

If women were as shallow as men who do this crap, and only graded men on looks, not many males would make it to the alter.

Why would that jerk ask the question and why would Johnson answer it?

Old 03-22-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

The object of the game is to ask questions that the host don't want to answer in hopes that they'll say "none of your business" and you win a prize.

They do this segment every Friday, and Teddy has participated a few times. He seems like a good guy overall that made a mistake here.
Old 03-22-2013   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I should probably keep my keyboard silent, but I would like to go on a little mini rant here:

Why do guys think it is ok to trash a women based on her looks? I read the posts from males I have met in person who are not in the least bit attractive who feel the need to insult to looks of a woman in a picture. I usually laugh and shake my head, these guys say the wouldn't hit it, when the reality is they wouldn't stand a chance in hell of "hitting it."

If women were as shallow as men who do this crap, and only graded men on looks, not many males would make it to the alter.

I get your point when it gets insulting, which might be somewhat of a matter of opinion. Guys are practically born addicted to the looks of "hot" women, though. It's tough not to look....and then it's easy to stick your foot in your mouth. I believe a married man should try really hard to keep even his eyes off of other women, but that is easy for me to say when I am sadly not married.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I get your point when it gets insulting, which might be somewhat of a matter of opinion. Guys are practically born addicted to the looks of "hot" women, though. It's tough not to look....and then it's easy to stick your foot in your mouth. I believe a married man should try really hard to keep even his eyes off of other women, but that is easy for me to say when I am sadly not married.
It's an observation. You have eyes, you see things.

Doesn't mean you have to do inappropriate things, but I can't help it if I see an attractive woman.

Getting married doesn't make you blind.
Old 03-22-2013   #7
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Not going to lie, she is ugly. That's right, I said it.
Old 03-22-2013   #8
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
To hell with it...

Physically, that is an ugly woman.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Looks are not what matters.

Maybe this woman cooks really well and can suck a golf ball through a water-hose.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #10
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The point of the game is to ask a question which results in one of the hosts saying "none of your business." That response wins a prize. If the host answers the question, they must do so honestly, and you don't win a prize. The person asking the question wanted to win a prize and probably figured a guy who was the ultimate teammate like TJ would never answer a question that would take a shot at a teammate or a teammate's family. Little did he know TJ would answer the question.

To be honest, I was stunned TJ answered it. As soon as it was asked I thought it was a gimmie winner.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ted made SI .

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/03/2...1_a3&eref=sihp
Old 03-22-2013   #12
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm sorry, were there words on that page?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #13
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I'm sorry, were there words on that page?

That's why I check Extra Mustard each day . AM and PM by the way .
Old 03-22-2013   #14
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good Rant..

but you might want to avoid any form of media if you get offended by stuff like this.... it is everywhere
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #15
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Over here in Japan, there's saying. You can get used to looks of not attractive woman. You can get tired of pretty ones. What it means is that it is more important inside than pretty appearance.

Having said that, I do have young and beautiful girlfriend. I just like total beauty inside and outside.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Over here in Japan, there's saying. You can get used to looks of not attractive woman. You can get tired of pretty ones. What it means is that it is more important inside than pretty appearance.

Having said that, I do have young and beautiful girlfriend. I just like total beauty inside and outside.
Samurai...the Nihon-jin Onna no ko are just plain fun anyway...but I digress. Rumiko Takahashi is old enough to be my mama and kinda funny looking, BUT she's smart and funny ...and incredibly rich and I'd be honored to be on her arm.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #17
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

He was just being honest, she's busted.
TexansBlood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
He was just being honest, she's busted.
Translate for those of us that speak English, please
Old 03-26-2013   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

...you...you think I'm UGLY!?!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #20
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
...you...you think I'm UGLY!?!
I don't think I ever remember you insulting the looks of a female. You are more inclined to drool. :kiss:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read