Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2013   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

This thread is for all discussion relating to the 2013 Texans Talk Member Mock draft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 TT Member Mock Draft Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
This thread is for all discussion relating to the 2013 Texans Talk Member Mock draft.
Well, I'm glad you're back SM.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Well, I'm glad you're back SM.
haha I guess I just really love the draft so I will help steelb and company out. Ive been away for quite awhile, I just cant handle arguing in this forum format all the freaking time. Anyways, back to the show.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna sit this one out, but here's a listing of all the draft picks in order including comp picks: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-draft-order-2
Old 03-20-2013   #5
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm gonna sit this one out, but here's a listing of all the draft picks in order including comp picks: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-draft-order-2
What the hell are the Brownies going to do without you? They're going to hell in a hand basket for sure.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
What the hell are the Brownies going to do without you? They're going to hell in a hand basket for sure.
I think they will be much better off, I haven't been following the draft prospects all that much this year. I wouldn't be much use beyond the 3rd round.
Old 03-20-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
haha I guess I just really love the draft so I will help steelb and company out. Ive been away for quite awhile, I just cant handle arguing in this forum format all the freaking time. Anyways, back to the show.
I'm sure we can get this moving quickly with everybody chipping in.
It's good to have the "pros" manning it.
You guys just tell me what you want me to do.

Should we set a deadline for closing "registration"?
I can take on a team or two if needed, but like I said, I will be happy to sit
out and let somebody has a go at it.
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft starts Monday 7 AM. Wolf 6151 is on the clock. I know he works nights and may be asleep at 7am. So he can PM the pick if he needs too.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
So if the Jags want Geno, they have to take him at #2, correct?

Otherwise, they can shop their #2 pick and find another QB later on.

Perhaps, they can deal with the Eagles and gouge them out of a 6th rounder or so to swap places?
It would take more than a 6th To move up. Look at what the Browns paid last year to move from 4 to 3. I think it was a 4th 6th and 7th.
Old 03-22-2013   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It would take more than a 6th To move up. Look at what the Browns paid last year to move from 4 to 3. I think it was a 4th 6th and 7th.
Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Who did they select at #3?

LOL, I might go looking for the answer right now; I'm just curious to know your take why they did that?
Old 03-25-2013   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Wow, I didn't realize it was that much.

Who did they select at #3?

LOL, I might go looking for the answer right now; I'm just curious to know your take why they did that?
Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.
Old 03-25-2013   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Actually it was "According to ESPN and FOX Sports, the Vikings have swapped spots with Cleveland, giving the Browns the 3rd pick for the 4th. The Vikings also receive 3 other picks in the 4th, 5th, and 7th rounds."

That's a lot to give to move up just one spot. The situation was Luck, RG3, then the Vikings were expected to take LT Kalil, but Tampa was trying to trade up to get Trent Richardson. So the Browns paid a bit of a premium to ensure they got TR. You have to think that if a team needs to trade up there is another team wanting to do so as well, and that escalates the price. If the Eagles want Geno at 2, I'm sure the Jags will work out a deal with them, but it will probably cost at least a 3rd.
No wonder the Browns suck, LOL!
Old 03-25-2013   #13
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ready with the Tinnbreads.

I'll be out of the office for lunch soon, but will make my pick at no 10 at no later than 1PM...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

As the new Buffalo GM my first order of business is to cut Mario Williams. . .

. . . What do you mean this is draft only?
Old 03-26-2013   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Atlanta takes Margus Hunt, DE SMU
Old 03-26-2013   #16
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Interesting.
Old 03-26-2013   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post

Really good pick B0ng.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Interesting.
I think someone will take him early based upon measurables. I actually considered instead of Short .... but without the ability to trade back , I wouldnt make the pick.

Lots of upside here. He ran a 4.62 40 and benched 38 .... Both better than Mario Williams poosted in 2006. 4.66 and 35 reps.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #18
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Really good pick B0ng.

I think someone will take him early based upon measurables. I actually considered instead of Short .... but without the ability to trade back , I wouldnt make the pick.

Lots of upside here. He ran a 4.62 40 and benched 38 .... Both better than Mario Williams poosted in 2006. 4.66 and 35 reps.
I know all about him. I would love to see him opposite Watt. Just wonder how long it will take him to "get it" in the NFL. Could turn out to be great or nothing special. I lean towards great with him but that uncertainty is what puts Short ahead of him.
Old 03-26-2013   #19
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171454 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I know all about him. I would love to see him opposite Watt. Just wonder how long it will take him to "get it" in the NFL. Could turn out to be great or nothing special. I lean towards great with him but that uncertainty is what puts Short ahead of him.
I wonder if you've been sneaking a peek at my draft board ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013   #20
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78460 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Francisco 49ers select...

Matt Elam - S, Florida

The 49ers have one of the stoutest defenses in the league, however, they have developed somewhat of a weakness at the Safety position in the past year. SS Donte Whitner gave up the most TD's in the league this year from the Safety position and All-Pro FS Dashon Goldson left for Tampa Bay in Free Agency.

Elam is an extremely physical and well-rounded Safety prospect. He can play in the box and make big hits at the line of scrimmage or he can drop back in deep coverage and make plays. He's very rangy, instinctive, and has great ball skills. IMO, he is the best ball-hawk Safety in this draft by far. I have him pegged as the best Safety in this draft and have no problem pulling the trigger on him.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read