Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,548
Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowboys 2013......Pass the Popcorn

This year, Jerruh's team goes into the season with a new DC Kiffin............the 5th DC in 6 years...........changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3.........with defensive players specifically tailored for the 3-4.......with a wall flower OC (yes, they have an OC).........a HC that has not updated his scheme skills since the first Etch-A-Sketch he was given by his grandmother...........and, last but not least, a GM who will work feverishly to figure out how to step in and saboutage everything before the owner has a chance to.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14,319
Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys 2013......Pass the Popcorn

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013   #3
Fili
All Pro
 
Fili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: DeAndre Hopkins' hair
Age: 17
Posts: 546
Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys 2013......Pass the Popcorn

Didn't know Shakespeare was a Texans fan...
__________________
"When you expect it," Texans defensive end J.J. Watt said candidly as he stood at his locker, "you don't need to celebrate it."
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013   #4
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,418
Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys 2013......Pass the Popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This year, Jerruh's team goes into the season with a new DC Kiffin............the 5th DC in 6 years...........changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3.........with defensive players specifically tailored for the 3-4.......with a wall flower OC (yes, they have an OC).........a HC that has not updated his scheme skills since the first Etch-A-Sketch he was given by his grandmother...........and, last but not least, a GM who will work feverishly to figure out how to step in and saboutage everything before the owner has a chance to.
Let's clear up some things. They won't say whether they have a new OC. In pressers last week they said it didn't matter and that they would figure that out. So that's comforting. Agree with all things Garrett. I'm under the impression that Jerry REALLY wanted to fire Garrett but he made a dumb statement last year about one of his biggest regrets was firing Chan Gailey after 2 years. So he couldn't prove himself wrong and just decided to make assistant moves himself. I do think some of their players fit the 4-3 well actually. The problem is safeties. You need them big time in this 4-3 and we have none. Haven't for years. So that can make things ugly. I'm not optimistic and think Jerry has us wasting a year. I'm actually a Romo fan despite his limitations at times and they will waste another year of his. Love for them to prove me wrong but don't see it.
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,548
Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys 2013......Pass the Popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Let's clear up some things. They won't say whether they have a new OC. In pressers last week they said it didn't matter and that they would figure that out. So that's comforting. Agree with all things Garrett. I'm under the impression that Jerry REALLY wanted to fire Garrett but he made a dumb statement last year about one of his biggest regrets was firing Chan Gailey after 2 years. So he couldn't prove himself wrong and just decided to make assistant moves himself. I do think some of their players fit the 4-3 well actually. The problem is safeties. You need them big time in this 4-3 and we have none. Haven't for years. So that can make things ugly. I'm not optimistic and think Jerry has us wasting a year. I'm actually a Romo fan despite his limitations at times and they will waste another year of his. Love for them to prove me wrong but don't see it.
I thought the "didn't matter" referred to whether Garrett or Callahan was going to call the plays this year. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130214-who-should-call-cowboys-plays-it-doesnt-matter-says-bill-callahan.ece



But Jerruh has already stated that Garrett won't be calling the plays this year.
This is in itself evidently creating bad blood, as it's already been reported that Garrett is not happy with that decision or a beginning of the year rumor of a new OC hunt, to the point that if it is to happen, he wants not part of an OC with HC experience..........wonder why???

Jerruh, you've just got the knack to always keep everything stirred.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog
 
HoustonFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Age: 44
Posts: 12,418
Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys 2013......Pass the Popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I thought the "didn't matter" referred to whether Garrett or Callahan was going to call the plays this year. http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130214-who-should-call-cowboys-plays-it-doesnt-matter-says-bill-callahan.ece



But Jerruh has already stated that Garrett won't be calling the plays this year.
This is in itself evidently creating bad blood, as it's already been reported that Garrett is not happy with that decision or a beginning of the year rumor of a new OC hunt, to the point that if it is to happen, he wants not part of an OC with HC experience..........wonder why???

Jerruh, you've just got the knack to always keep everything stirred.
Just to clarify, half my post was being completely a smart @...Jerry sucks when it comes to making things easy.
__________________
Desperation is a stinky cologne. -Super Troopers
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14,319
Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys 2013......Pass the Popcorn

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger