Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 02-11-2013   #1
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 26367 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How does it feel for Texans fans

to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How does it feel for Texans fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
to watch a team you asolutely crushed during the regular season, go on a hot streak in the playoffs and won the Super Bowl?

Do you think you would have won the re-match in Reliant Stadium as well based on te way the Ravens were playing and the way the Texans tailed off at the end?
It's no different, to me, than when we beat the Colts for the first time in our history, then they go on to win the Super Bowl.

However, I can't say for sure that we would have beat the Ravens in Reliant. I'd like to think so, but like I said. We beat the Ravens once in what? 6 meetings? something like that. So it's not like it's automatic.
Old 02-11-2013   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It is what it is! Just proves the BEST team does not always win the SB! Not saying the Texans are better than the Ravens either. On any given gameday anything can happen in the NFL. Luck, one player has an awesome day, bad calls or NO CALLS by the refs, injuries, etc, ANYTHING can change the outcome of the game. I think it boils down to who has the best luck on any given gameday. It's that ONE awesome moment when one play makes the difference! JMO!

Your Ravens got lucky when our dumbarse GM got rid of JJ, and JJ got lucky on Feb 3, 2012. That's just the way it is. Now, he's a "hero" and will get to dance on DWTSs!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #4
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 26367 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's no different, to me, than when we beat the Colts for the first time in our history, then they go on to win the Super Bowl.

However, I can't say for sure that we would have beat the Ravens in Reliant. I'd like to think so, but like I said. We beat the Ravens once in what? 6 meetings? something like that. So it's not like it's automatic.
Nice answer' APPRECIATE IT
Old 02-11-2013   #5
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys should be thanking the Texans because without the asswhooping we gave you, your team would have never woken up. We poked the sleeping giant and forced you guys to take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix things. Half that Super Bowl trophy should be ours due to our contribution, so once your "elite" QB is done holding it, break out a hacksaw and ship half of it to Kubiak. Preferably the top-half but I'll leave that up to you guys.

Old 02-11-2013   #6
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You guys should be thanking the Texans because without the asswhooping we gave you, your team would have never woken up. We poked the sleeping giant and forced you guys to take a good hard look in the mirror and figure out how to fix things. Half that Super Bowl trophy should be ours due to our contribution, so once your "elite" QB is done holding it, break out a hacksaw and ship half of it to Kubiak. Preferably the top-half but I'll leave that up to you guys.

You realize that was Week 7?
Old 02-11-2013   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

You should thank the nfl schedulers for setting y'all up to play the eagles on their home opener

If you see what I did there

Last edited by Wolf; 02-12-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2013   #8
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, 31 other teams didn't win the Superbowl either and I am not butt hurt about it.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
There's a reason you fail to see the sarcasm in his post. Care to hazard a guess?
Old 02-13-2013   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes, that's part of the joke. I thought cutting the trophy in half and shipping it to Kubiak would have been enough of a tipoff that I didn't need the sarcasm smiley.

As for the thread in general, this is the smack talk subforum, so I don't have a problem with it. It's here to talk smack and agitate other fans with a good ribbing. No reason to call the guy a troll for gloating about winning the Super Bowl. I'm sure if the Texans win one, the Cowboys and our division rival's boards will be rife with these kinds of threads rubbing it in their faces. It's just the nature of fandom. As long as people aren't attacking each other personally, it's all in good fun. Ignore it if you can't take the heat.
Old 02-12-2013   #11
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course not. The Texans couldn't even beat the Vikings at home or the Colts on the road to secure home field advantage.

However what's your point? I don't recall Giants fans coming here last season running down the Texans. Probably because they are a class organization, didn't steal their team from another city and acted like they had been there before.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #12
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Of course not. The Texans couldn't even beat the Vikings at home or the Colts on the road to secure home field advantage.

However what's your point? I don't recall Giants fans coming here last season running down the Texans. Probably because they are a class organization, didn't steal their team from another city and acted like they had been there before.
No one is 'running down' the Texans, it was a simple question, we didn't steal anything and yes we have been there before...
Old 02-12-2013   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No one is 'running down' the Texans
You're coming off that way.

Quote:
we didn't steal anything
Yes you did, unless you feel the Colts weren't stolen from you by Indianapolis. Not sure what you would call it then.

Quote:
and yes we have been there before...
The point was act like it.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #14
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You're coming off that way.

Yes you did, unless you feel the Colts weren't stolen from you by Indianapolis. Not sure what you would call it then.

The point was act like it.
Your viewpoint; you are entitled to it
Old 02-12-2013   #15
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Never really crossed my mind other than the fact I would have much rather played Baltimore than NE in the playoffs. I was actually rooting for the Ravens the whole time and picked them to beat San Fran.

Watching the old Texans players, I don't really miss Pollard. He is a great player in the right system and tough as nails but I think he really benefits from Baltimore's defensive scheme and having Reed playing center field. I just don't think he could line up and be effective in Wade's defense.

Jacoby, I don't miss at all. He needed to be cut. Call it a change of scenery, wake up call, or whatever you will, he had some big plays for ya'll in some crucial situations but I neither miss him nor want him back.

Leach on the other hand I miss like hell. I've haven't enjoyed watching a FB as much as him since Alstott. He's the best blocking fullback in the league and he has hands made of velvet. He was a perfect fit in this system. Hindsight is 20/20 but I sure wish we had shelled out the money for that guy.
Old 02-12-2013   #16
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cream rises to the top. The whooping the Texans put upon the Ravens during the regular season was irrelevant in the long run. Texans would not have won the rematch, I have no doubt about that. Texans had been in a funk really since they squeaked two over time wins against the Jaguars and the Lions.
SB champs seem to rise in the playoff's. Texans had been in a free fall for a long time.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It absolutely effing sucks!!

"Next question?"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read