Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2013   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jaguars new logo

Yes? No? Maybe?

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jaguars new logo

So they are going to make it look less like a jaguar? What's the point of the change?
Old 02-05-2013   #3
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

NEW

OLD

They could have done a lot better. All they did was make it look more like someone's pet.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197817 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The old one looks more contemporary AND more aggressive. I guess they want this year's cat to look as nuetured as their team is.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #5
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the new one better. It's not much of a change, but it's more realistic. The old one just looks like a cartoon.
Old 02-05-2013   #6
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 127050 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the new one better. It's not much of a change, but it's more realistic. The old one just looks like a cartoon.
I like the new one better too.
Old 02-05-2013   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

The old logo looks like Clip Art, while the new one looks like a drawing. They are both meh, I prefer to call them Glitter Kitty's like the guys at BRB.

Also they unveiled their new slogan, which is "STAND UNITED", which barely won out against "TARPS UNITED".
Old 02-05-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282041 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
NEW

OLD
New cat has blue eyes & boogers, which is real matchy-matchy for the fashionistas who were clamoring for something to coordinate with the blue tongue.

Old cat looks stoned, which dovetails nicely with the pro-pot movement.

I really feel this will the organization the boost it needs to make it to the Super Bowl.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #9
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 18083 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Like everything in Jacksonville, it predictably sucks.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know why, but the new logo just seems so CFL.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 31526 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never even seen a CFL game to justify that judgment.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This was their original helmet but they were sued by the Jaguar Car co. so they had to change it.

I think this one is Jimmy Sniff (he was one hell of a wr btw). I don't remember them wearing that ghastly uniform.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #13
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Jaguars new logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I don't know why, but the new logo just seems so CFL.
I don't see a connection

http://cfldb.ca/faq/teams/
Old 02-06-2013   #14
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NEW

OLD

They could have done a lot better. All they did was make it look more like someone's pet.
The old one has a little too much slingblade going.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #15
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
NEW

OLD

At least the new one doesn't have jelly beans on its head anymore.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #16
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

Yes? No? Maybe?
It looks like someone just hit it in the head with a rolled up newspaper.
Old 02-06-2013   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that I live in Florida and have been up there (Jax) a few times I really don't get the Jaguars name. It's starts with J and I assume that is what they were going for, however the other Florida teams went with Florida's themes like Bucs and Dolphins.

The Tampa Bay area was a haven for pirates during the 18th century. They still have a pirate festival there each year called Gasparilla. Dolphins is pretty obvious.

They should have went with Sharks or something.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Now that I live in Florida and have been up there (Jax) a few times I really don't get the Jaguars name. It's starts with J and I assume that is what they were going for, however the other Florida teams went with Florida's themes like Bucs and Dolphins.

The Tampa Bay area was a haven for pirates during the 18th century. They still have a pirate festival there each year called Gasparilla. Dolphins is pretty obvious.

They should have went with Sharks or something.
Or THEY could have been the Apollos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Had to drive from Ft Lauderdale over to Fort Myers a couple years ago and saw several references to Panthers in the area but nothing about Jaguars. They had "Panther Crossing" signs like we have Deer Crossing here n Texas.
Yeah, there is a LOT of wildlife here. My wife calls this place a safari. We had a black bear in our front yard last week and have bear crossing signs around here. I think there are wild cats in certain parts of Florida but not jaguars. Jaguars are in Africa and some parts of South America I believe.

Gators would be most appropriate but of course that was taken by UF. With the amount of Confederate flags I see in the Jax area they should have been the Rebels.

... or Jacksonville Freebirds.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Jaguars are in Africa and some parts of South America I believe.
Leopards are in Africa and Asia. Jaguars are in the Americas as far north as Texas although very rare here anymore.

I have always thought the logo was one of the things which made the Jags perfect if a team was going to relocate to LA. Jaguars are huge in central and south american culture so it fits in perfectly with the heavily influenced LA heritage and demographic.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read