Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-03-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Super Bowl XLVII Game Day thread

Line: 49ers -4, Total: 47.5

Quote:
Line movement: The Super Bowl point spread opened at 4.5 or 5 at most Las Vegas sports books on Championship Sunday two weeks ago, but the line was bet down to 4 by later that evening. Most of those 4s became 3.5s after a few day of wagering, but 4s started popping back up this week and again became the most popular number around town. As of this Thursday afternoon posting, just two major Vegas shops -- the LVH SuperBook and the MGM have 3.5 posted, and the MGM has -120 juice attached to the 49ers.

The total opened as low as 49 as high as 51, but has been bet UNDER ever since. It sat at 48 at most shoos for much of the two weeks, but 47.5 has become the number throughout Las Vegas.

Recent meetings:

11/3/11 Ravens 16-6 (-3.5) at Baltimore

Trends to know:

--- The NFC is 5-0 ATS and 4-1 SU in the last five Super Bowls.
--- San Francisco is 25-11-1 ATS under Jim Harbaugh.
--- San Francisco is 5-1 ATS in its last six games vs. winning teams.
--- Baltimore is 4-1 ATS in its last five games vs. winning teams.
--- Baltimore is 4-0 ATS in its last four playoff games.
--- Over is 6-0 in San Francisco’s last six games.
--- Under is 4-1 in Baltimore’s last five games.
--- Over is 5-0 in San Francisco’s last five games vs. winning teams.
--- Under is 4-0 in Baltimore’s last four games on Fieldturf.
Team prop bets: http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betti...team-props.jsp

Player prop bets: http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betti...ayer-props.jsp

47 facts about Super Bowl XLVII
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Bowl XLVII Game Day thread

I've decided since this is the last real football game for a long time I should watch it. I'm not really interested in who wins though. The commercials will probably be more entertaining to me than the game itself.

However, to mark this unexceptional occasion I shall fry up some chipped beef in hot sesame chili oil until itís crisp and stiff like beef jerky. Then Iíll have some Teriyaki Beef sauce to dip it in.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the 49ers have the better team but I'm stuck thinking the Ravens will win a hard-fought nail-biter. 28-27 Ravens.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I've decided since this is the last real football game for a long time I should watch it. I'm not really interested in who wins though. The commercials will probably be more entertaining to me than the game itself.

However, to mark this unexceptional occasion I shall fry up some chipped beef in hot sesame chili oil until it’s crisp and stiff like beef jerky. Then I’ll have some Teriyaki Beef sauce to dip it in.
I have every appetizer I can think of but no main dish. Oh, and beer. I'm set!

GO NINERS!!
Old 02-03-2013   #5
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Go niners!!! That atmosphere their looks and sounds electric.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Go.... whoever wins the coin toss! (yeah, I haven't decided who I want to win yet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #7
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5860 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Jacoby, Leach, Pollard, Flacco, Lewis, Reed, and Rice. Get the Ring!
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2013   #8
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

In spite of having one of the most self-aggrandizing hotdogs who ever pulled
on a pair of shoulder pads ( and yea, he's also very likely a killer who beat a murder rap many years ago), I'm still pulling for the Ravens in no small part because of the X-Texans on the team and it's the AFC. And I like underdogs.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #9
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

BAL is playing with extreme confidence on offense, defense just doing enough to get bye.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby is telegraphing a fumble, Coach ... gettem outta there!
Old 02-03-2013   #11
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

There goes Jacoby!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Jacoby is telegraphing a fumble, Coach ... gettem outta there!
Ha!

This is why I'm still unemployed as an NFL coach.
Old 02-03-2013   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

How do Baltimore's wide receivers get open deep every single game? Jim Caldwell is doing one helluva job.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
How do Baltimore's wide receivers get open deep every single game? Jim Caldwell is doing one helluva job.
I think it's because his 3rd 4th & 5th WR is better than our 2nd.
Old 02-03-2013   #15
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think it's because his 3rd 4th & 5th WR is better than our 2nd.
You are correct sir
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because they scheme to throw deep, take a lower completion percentage in return for big plays. They have also look for that type of receiver.

They committed to a style and followed through with it.
Old 02-03-2013   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Halftime was...meh

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #18
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Halftime was...meh
Legs, that's all I will remember.
Old 02-03-2013   #19
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Legs, that's all I will remember.
LOL
Why am I not surprised?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013   #20
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 40940 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacoby, superbowl MVP?

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read