Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-20-2013   #1
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ravens/ texans

So both our qbs were on their way to be free agents after this season. Guess who resigned before the season and who is on thier way to the superbowl.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #2
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ravens/ texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
So both our qbs were on their way to be free agents after this season. Guess who resigned before the season and who is on thier way to the superbowl.
And guess whose teram shut out the PAts in the second half.
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uhhh......the Ravens lost another 30-40 million because of that. LOL

They could have locked him in at a much lower price.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens defense held the Pats offense to 13 points and you are comparing QB's?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Ravens defense held the Pats offense to 13 points and you are comparing QB's?
Yeah cause flacco has earned it in the playoffs. He beat luck, manning, and Brady on the way to the superbowl. I thought ravens D was washed up? Lol. Regular season means nothing. Schaub in probowl lol
Old 01-20-2013   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah cause flacco has earned it in the playoffs. He beat luck, manning, and Brady on the way to the superbowl. I thought ravens D was washed up? Lol. Regular season means nothing. Schaub in probowl lol
If you say so. But I'm pretty sure we would have beat the Pats if our defense would have held them to 13 points. I'm no expert but I think the Texans could have scored 14 points or more on them.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
If you say so. But I'm pretty sure we would have beat the Pats if our defense would have held them to 13 points. I'm no expert but I think the Texans could have scored 14 points or more on them.
I don't know. The Vikings held our potent offense to 6 points.

For some reason, I think if the score was 13-6 halfway through the 4th Qtr, we never would have seen that hurry up offense that led to a TD at the end of the game.
Old 01-20-2013   #8
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a thought.

Remember when Flacco just wasn't the QB for Baltimore? Many of us said this last year, but he turned it up and had a few good games.

Sounds like how we are with Schaub now. What if, and trust me, this is a big WHAT IF, but what if, Schaub does this next season?

I mean, anything is possible.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #9
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Here's a thought.

Remember when Flacco just wasn't the QB for Baltimore? Many of us said this last year, but he turned it up and had a few good games.

Sounds like how we are with Schaub now. What if, and trust me, this is a big WHAT IF, but what if, Schaub does this next season?

Let's hope he's still hungry after 24m guaranteed
Old 01-20-2013   #10
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Flacco stepped his game up when it mattered. Schaub failed. End of story fellas. Here's to schaub next year...............
Old 01-20-2013   #11
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a thought.

Flacco's what 27 years of age. Schaub's 31 or so with a gnarly foot, no athletic ability whatsoever, and a girly arm. I don't see him rising to the level Flacco's achieved.
Plus, in the two play off games I've watched Schaub he looked anything but Flacco-like, basically choking. Choked against Green Bay and the Pats during the regular season too.
But I agree with the The Third Man, Texans looked confused, disorientated, bedazzled both times they played New England.
Preparation and coaching. Texans are extremely outclassed in that category when facing these elite teams. Ravens looked cool as can be out there tonight.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub plays scared in big games. Scared money rarely wins. Either Schaub or Kubiak doesn't have the balls to let it all hang out when it counts. I'm still not convinced that all of Schaub's poor play is on him. I think a lot of it is Kubiak's influence/orders.

We got thoroughly outcoached and outplayed in two games against the Pats. It's hard to believe the Texans dominated the Ravens so much and played so poorly against the Pats.
Old 01-20-2013   #13
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's a thought.

what sparks this line of thought other than being a blind homer hoping for this to happen..

flacco is 8-4 in the playoffs, matt wont even play 8 playoff games in his career. flacco is 28 years old and has played 12 playoff games already. flacco outplayed brady last season and was a dropped pass from being in the super bowl. flacco has showed an ability to beat good defenses with his arm. nothing at this point in schaub career makes me believe that he will ever come close to accomplishing what flacco has..

Last edited by Premier; 01-20-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #14
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How many Balt fans would have wanted to re-sign Flacco before this post-season, dumb dumb?

How many playoffs out did the QB of the 'bridemaids' have before he got a trip to the SB, huh dumb dumb?

middle-age mediocrities.. smdh
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #15
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
How many Balt fans would have wanted to re-sign Flacco before this post-season, dumb dumb?

How many playoffs out did the QB of the 'bridemaids' have before he got a trip to the SB, huh dumb dumb?

middle-age mediocrities.. smdh
What had schaub proved before this season. Point is the ravens said show us and we could have done the same. Were excited when schaubs extension was announced?
Old 01-20-2013   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 169136 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco now has 6 playoff ROAD victories. Six.

Let that sink in before anyone compares Schaub to him.

Six.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Six.
Dude he plays when it matters. Unlike our guy.
Old 01-22-2013   #18
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

Six.
Flacco was always better than schaub.

So is Tony Romo and Michael Vick.

It boggles my mind how much support Schaub has garnered in this town considering how he hasnt really done anything his entire time in houston.

*waits for some schaub slurper to mention 4700 yard season and matt's pro bowl mvp*
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Flacco was always better than schaub.

So is Tony Romo and Michael Vick.

It boggles my mind how much support Schaub has garnered in this town considering how he hasnt really done anything his entire time in houston.

*waits for some schaub slurper to mention 4700 yard season and matt's pro bowl mvp*
If you could please clarify...... what has Romo & Vick done?
Old 01-22-2013   #20
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If you could please clarify...... what has Romo & Vick done?
more than what schaub has done.

you think schaub is better than vick or romo?

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read