Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Challis, ID
Age: 49
Posts: 7,632
Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

“The hurry-up, again we weren’t fully prepared for some reason,” said outside linebacker Brooks Reed, who didn’t play in the first matchup because of a groin injury. “It’s extremely hard to get the call in and line up when they are going hurry-up. They’re not going to wait for you. They’ve got plays planned out and one audible and they’ve got their play ready. Whereas we’ve got to get the call from the sideline, get lined up, recognize the formation.

“It takes us a lot more time to get lined up than they do. That’s the challenge and again that’s what kind of got us today. And making plays too, it’s them making plays not just them hurrying up. I think we could have been a little bit more prepared. We knew that was going to happen. We saw it on film, them lining up quick and defenses not being ready. We didn’t think it was going to be us and in some cases today it was.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/tag/_/name/brooks-reed
******
That's a pretty candid remark by Reed, but it tells us something - Wade Phillips is not perfect.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,729
Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
“The hurry-up, again we weren’t fully prepared for some reason,” said outside linebacker Brooks Reed, who didn’t play in the first matchup because of a groin injury. “It’s extremely hard to get the call in and line up when they are going hurry-up. They’re not going to wait for you. They’ve got plays planned out and one audible and they’ve got their play ready. Whereas we’ve got to get the call from the sideline, get lined up, recognize the formation.

“It takes us a lot more time to get lined up than they do. That’s the challenge and again that’s what kind of got us today. And making plays too, it’s them making plays not just them hurrying up. I think we could have been a little bit more prepared. We knew that was going to happen. We saw it on film, them lining up quick and defenses not being ready. We didn’t think it was going to be us and in some cases today it was.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/tag/_/name/brooks-reed
Yep, Wade got exposed in both of the Pats games...no excuse for all the confusion and guys walking into the end zone untouched. Part of that is the element of surprise, the other part of it is substituting guys. Playing against veteran teams and qbs who do that, you've got to pick and choose when you sub.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 14,844
Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Yep, we were out coached on that. I think Wade even admitted that. Other players said it was chaos out there at times.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 47
Posts: 30,904
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

It appears that neither the Texans defense nor Texans offense have any hurry up abilities this season.

I blame coaching for this lack of preparedness. Wade saw it a few weeks ago, but the defense did not adjust to it.

And Gary should have had the offense ready to take advantage of the opposing defense and mismatches, as well as be prepared to play catch up as most of us already knew that the Texans would most likely be playing from behind.

Are our coaches that stubborn? I do not believe they are incompetent, so the only thing I can think of is that they are too stubborn to adapt.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,844
Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It appears that neither the Texans defense nor Texans offense have any hurry up abilities this season.

I blame coaching for this lack of preparedness. Wade saw it a few weeks ago, but the defense did not adjust to it.

And Gary should have had the offense ready to take advantage of the opposing defense and mismatches, as well as be prepared to play catch up as most of us already knew that the Texans would most likely be playing from behind.

Are our coaches that stubborn? I do not believe they are incompetent, so the only thing I can think of is that they are too stubborn to adapt.
Sometimes it feels like we are what amounts to the kids who have to ride in their Father's Amish buggies all the while yearning to be in one of those exotic sports cars that casually pass you by on the road into town. I have mentioned in he past that the NFL moves fast, but this franchise seems to be a step behind and a little slower moving much of the time.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 47
Posts: 30,904
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Sometimes it feels like we are what amounts to the kids who have to ride in their Father's Amish buggies all the while yearning to be in one of those exotic sports cars that casually pass you by on the road into town. I have mentioned in he past that the NFL moves fast, but this franchise seems to be a step behind and a little slower moving much of the time.
It does make you wonder if McNair is looking in the NFL's rear-view mirror to emulate previous successful dynasties too much. He might be lacking the vision to see big picture evolution in the NFL, much to the detriment of required deviation that continuous success demands.

"Old school" coaches like Belichick see the evolution and adapt accordingly. His team is winning games today in a much different way than they were winning games in 2002. Rule changes and player evolution is changing the game. Young head coaches like Jim Harbaugh are dynamic because they understand the on-going evolution. Adapt or go extinct.

Reminds me of that documentary about Tom Landry. Dude was a genius innovator, and so much of the league at the time was stuck in the 1950's power run game that his schemes seemed exotic and unrealistic to his peers. In hindsight, however, we see him for the true genius that made the NFL a better overall game. Now his perspectives and innovations are considered fundamentals in football. By the same way, today's innovations and evolution will be perceived the same way decades from now.

The NFL is clearly morphing into a very offense-friendly league. Hopefully the Texans can keep up.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #7
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame
 
Dread-Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston Texas baby!
Age: 44
Posts: 14,415
Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It does make you wonder if McNair is looking in the NFL's rear-view mirror to emulate previous successful dynasties too much. He might be lacking the vision to see big picture evolution in the NFL, much to the detriment of required deviation that continuous success demands.

"Old school" coaches like Belichick see the evolution and adapt accordingly. His team is winning games today in a much different way than they were winning games in 2002. Rule changes and player evolution is changing the game. Young head coaches like Jim Harbaugh are dynamic because they understand the on-going evolution. Adapt or go extinct.

Reminds me of that documentary about Tom Landry. Dude was a genius innovator, and so much of the league at the time was stuck in the 1950's power run game that his schemes seemed exotic and unrealistic to his peers. In hindsight, however, we see him for the true genius that made the NFL a better overall game. Now his perspectives and innovations are fundamentals.
(cough) StoletheflexdefensefromVinceLombardi...(cough) I'll give Landry his due, but Knoll was his superior.
__________________
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2013   #8
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It does make you wonder if McNair is looking in the NFL's rear-view mirror to emulate previous successful dynasties too much. He might be lacking the vision to see big picture evolution in the NFL, much to the detriment of required deviation that continuous success demands.

"Old school" coaches like Belichick see the evolution and adapt accordingly. His team is winning games today in a much different way than they were winning games in 2002. Rule changes and player evolution is changing the game. Young head coaches like Jim Harbaugh are dynamic because they understand the on-going evolution. Adapt or go extinct.

Reminds me of that documentary about Tom Landry. Dude was a genius innovator, and so much of the league at the time was stuck in the 1950's power run game that his schemes seemed exotic and unrealistic to his peers. In hindsight, however, we see him for the true genius that made the NFL a better overall game. Now his perspectives and innovations are considered fundamentals in football. By the same way, today's innovations and evolution will be perceived the same way decades from now.

The NFL is clearly morphing into a very offense-friendly league. Hopefully the Texans can keep up.
You and I are on the same page.

I've been saying that same thing, entirely, for about 4 days now. But I think a lot of us (including you & I, and others) have been FEELING that way for more than that, it's just that we're now openly SAYING it.

And this season, especially the two losses to the Patriots (with the playoff loss seeing us make the same dumb errors as before), has made us realize that it's not just a theory any longer. It's fact.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,837
Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It does make you wonder if McNair is looking in the NFL's rear-view mirror to emulate previous successful dynasties too much. He might be lacking the vision to see big picture evolution in the NFL, much to the detriment of required deviation that continuous success demands.

"Old school" coaches like Belichick see the evolution and adapt accordingly. His team is winning games today in a much different way than they were winning games in 2002. Rule changes and player evolution is changing the game. Young head coaches like Jim Harbaugh are dynamic because they understand the on-going evolution. Adapt or go extinct.

Reminds me of that documentary about Tom Landry. Dude was a genius innovator, and so much of the league at the time was stuck in the 1950's power run game that his schemes seemed exotic and unrealistic to his peers. In hindsight, however, we see him for the true genius that made the NFL a better overall game. Now his perspectives and innovations are considered fundamentals in football. By the same way, today's innovations and evolution will be perceived the same way decades from now.

The NFL is clearly morphing into a very offense-friendly league. Hopefully the Texans can keep up.
Rep your way.

As an NFL team these days, it is probably safe to say that if you spend too much time watching your rear view mirror, you are bound to miss the most important things that lie up ahead.......something that does not bid well for a "healthy" future.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame
 
dalemurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin
Section: Bullpen/ 636
Age: 40
Posts: 5,761
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Sometimes it feels like we are what amounts to the kids who have to ride in their Father's Amish buggies all the while yearning to be in one of those exotic sports cars that casually pass you by on the road into town. I have mentioned in he past that the NFL moves fast, but this franchise seems to be a step behind and a little slower moving much of the time.
Vinny, I'm an infamous Kubiak apologist. While I may (depending on my mood) take exception with the harshness of your analogy, it is certainly true. Even at my most blissful, I lknow that Kubiak's learning curve is not a sharp one. I comfort that truth with another: he does learn. He will, eventually, see the problems and begin to modify and adapt... So, I feel good about the lessons learned this year and think the organization will be better for it next season. Do I wish Kubiak were quicker to adjust? Heck yeah!

Kubiak's greatest strength, I believe, is that he will never lose the players. I believe he has rare integrity that most players are moved by. He's a guy (sorry to scare some of you) that, if the team has some playoff success, could remain in position for 20 years or more... He's not a guy with antics that players tire of nor a guy whose message runs its course.

It appears that the organization's current strength and bright future are primarily the result of the following, though:

1. McNair's determination and commitment for stability (agree or not, the decision to keep Smithiak in place after 2010 was a gutsy decision that has paid dividends)

2. Rick Smith- I think Rick Smith has become one heck of a GM. Given that at least some power shifted away from Kubiak and to Smith after the 2010 debacle, I think we can count on consistently good personnel decisions between March and August.
__________________
obsessive, passionate coverage of our beloved Texans at : Texans Bull Blog
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,527
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

And let me be clear, this has nothing to do with over time adaptation to the game, it's about the system that allows a team not to have to make dramatic adjustment comes game day.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,844
Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Vinny, I'm an infamous Kubiak apologist. While I may (depending on my mood) take exception with the harshness of your analogy, it is certainly true. Even at my most blissful, I lknow that Kubiak's learning curve is not a sharp one. I comfort that truth with another: he does learn. He will, eventually, see the problems and begin to modify and adapt... So, I feel good about the lessons learned this year and think the organization will be better for it next season. Do I wish Kubiak were quicker to adjust? Heck yeah!

Kubiak's greatest strength, I believe, is that he will never lose the players. I believe he has rare integrity that most players are moved by. He's a guy (sorry to scare some of you) that, if the team has some playoff success, could remain in position for 20 years or more... He's not a guy with antics that players tire of nor a guy whose message runs its course.

It appears that the organization's current strength and bright future are primarily the result of the following, though:

1. McNair's determination and commitment for stability (agree or not, the decision to keep Smithiak in place after 2010 was a gutsy decision that has paid dividends)

2. Rick Smith- I think Rick Smith has become one heck of a GM. Given that at least some power shifted away from Kubiak and to Smith after the 2010 debacle, I think we can count on consistently good personnel decisions between March and August.
how about learning he hurry up offense, or the sugar huddle when down by 18 with nearly a quarter left? My quandary is that Kubiak isn't a defensive coach so he should be at least be able to diversify the offense enough to function like everybody else does when they get behind vs good teams. We've all seen the other playoffs teams ramp it up when needed. I don't doubt this franchise will not be awful, but it wouldn't shock me to discover that the last 6 weeks of this season are what we are looking forward to next season (underachieving moreso than record) if we can't step away from this slow, plodding offense we are running today. It won't do us much good to have a nice balanced stat line if the game is over every time a good team jumps out ahead. You weren't at least a little bit troubled about the tempo and pace of our "comeback"? Walking back to the huddle, calling running plays, keeping the clock going and you gotta love those quarterback sneaks. They reminded me of those famous Pastorini bootlegs.
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,432
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It appears that neither the Texans defense nor Texans offense have any hurry up abilities this season.

I blame coaching for this lack of preparedness. Wade saw it a few weeks ago, but the defense did not adjust to it.

And Gary should have had the offense ready to take advantage of the opposing defense and mismatches, as well as be prepared to play catch up as most of us already knew that the Texans would most likely be playing from behind.

Are our coaches that stubborn? I do not believe they are incompetent, so the only thing I can think of is that they are too stubborn to adapt.

How would you adjust to New England's hurry up?
__________________
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #14
boom boom
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It appears that neither the Texans defense nor Texans offense have any hurry up abilities this season.

I blame coaching for this lack of preparedness. Wade saw it a few weeks ago, but the defense did not adjust to it.

And Gary should have had the offense ready to take advantage of the opposing defense and mismatches, as well as be prepared to play catch up as most of us already knew that the Texans would most likely be playing from behind.

Are our coaches that stubborn? I do not believe they are incompetent, so the only thing I can think of is that they are too stubborn to adapt.
hey, as a huge patriots fan i just wanted to say you guys have a tremendous team and had a tremendous year. the texans are a team that will be reckoned with for years to come with an identity now. ive enjoyed watching your team play and jj watt and arian foster are tremendous. good luck next year and again even though im a pats fan i enjoy watching the texans play. there tough, physical, and have alot of skilled players. if you guys get another top receiver to help andre johnson out, you guys will be in the super bowl. good luck brother
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #15
Texcore
Hardcore Texan
 
Texcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 796 Texcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respectedTexcore is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom boom View Post
hey, as a huge patriots fan i just wanted to say you guys have a tremendous team and had a tremendous year. the texans are a team that will be reckoned with for years to come with an identity now. ive enjoyed watching your team play and jj watt and arian foster are tremendous. good luck next year and again even though im a pats fan i enjoy watching the texans play. there tough, physical, and have alot of skilled players. if you guys get another top receiver to help andre johnson out, you guys will be in the super bowl. good luck brother
Thanks dude, but it will take a bit more than having another WR to get the ball to in order to get where we want to go! Namely a better QB and a HC with cojones. Look at the Pats, they are always in attack mode, that and you have a HOF QB, lol. But thanks...
Texcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #16
boom boom
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcore View Post
Thanks dude, but it will take a bit more than having another WR to get the ball to in order to get where we want to go! Namely a better QB and a HC with cojones. Look at the Pats, they are always in attack mode, that and you have a HOF QB, lol. But thanks...
thanks tex, im surprised by kubiak being conservative, because he knows it takes cojones to win the big one like he did with john elway and mike shanahan two years in a row.
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame
 
Dread-Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Houston Texas baby!
Age: 44
Posts: 14,415
Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Clock management...and when in doubt on a quick snap, give Wes Welker (or that other insufferable dwarf receiver) a helmet to the face. They have to stop the clock for the referee conference to discuss the penalty assessment which is PLENTLY of time to get lined up and if you hit the muff-hugga HARD enough you've assured he's not going to be involved in the next play. Sometimes you TAKE the penalty.
__________________
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #18
Luv_ya_blue
1%er
 
Luv_ya_blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beaumont, TX
Age: 39
Posts: 3,891
Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Offensive Coaching + Defensive Coaching + Special Teams Coaching =
__________________

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #19
boom boom
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Rep Power: 0 boom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respectedboom boom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yep, we were out coached on that. I think Wade even admitted that. Other players said it was chaos out there at times.
hello, i am a huge patriots fan but you guys have nothing to be ashamed of. the texans are a damn good football team and you will be taken seriously and tough to beat for years to come. you guys have established an identity and as a pats fan i like it. i just hope the pats can dominate the ravens like the texans did. dont worry the texans will be back next year, will learn from this experience and be ready for big games. good luck texans fans and congrats on a great year. there are 28 other teams that would love to be in your shoes, dont ever forget that. GOOD LUCK
boom boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame
 
76Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,527
Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom boom View Post
hello, i am a huge patriots fan but you guys have nothing to be ashamed of. the texans are a damn good football team and you will be taken seriously and tough to beat for years to come. you guys have established an identity and as a pats fan i like it. i just hope the pats can dominate the ravens like the texans did. dont worry the texans will be back next year, will learn from this experience and be ready for big games. good luck texans fans and congrats on a great year. there are 28 other teams that would love to be in your shoes, dont ever forget that. GOOD LUCK
Thank you, for I know you don't need to be coming here this late to give kudos.

I do like the takes on your MB; there are a lot of good people there.

I don't think I need to wish you or your team luck, even though it always help.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger