Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-15-2013   #1
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default NFL Bad Lip-Reading

With some appearances by Schaub and Wade.

http://youtu.be/Zce-QT7MGSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #2
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Bad Lip-Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
With some appearances by Schaub and Wade.

http://youtu.be/Zce-QT7MGSE
That's heavily edited. It looks to me like they took out a couple slides or something to make something look like that's what they said.

Still good stuff.
Old 01-16-2013   #3
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Genius!!I was about to post this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
That's heavily edited. It looks to me like they took out a couple slides or something to make something look like that's what they said.

Still good stuff.
I may be wrong but I think he just dubbed in what he thought according to the actual footage. He has done a lot of these for politics, etc. The guy is an anonymous producer from Dallas. From what I read his mother read lips due to her hearing and he was always bad at it so this came about.
Old 01-16-2013   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Genius!!I was about to post this!

I may be wrong but I think he just dubbed in what he thought according to the actual footage. He has done a lot of these for politics, etc. The guy is an anonymous producer from Dallas. From what I read his mother read lips due to her hearing and he was always bad at it so this came about.
I have seen the political ones. Like I said... they're good stuff. Hilarious and I enjoyed them. Adrian Peterson's was easily the best and I believe authentic.

Ain't buying that it's all actual footage though. Not one bit. Some of it is edited to look like it. The lip-motions are often unnatural, choppy, and/or partially blurred. For example, manhole and he fell in it. It doesn't remotely look like he said that. By the time you finish reading the text, you have caught "hole" the lips blurs then abruptly cuts and moves on to the next. Your eyes saw hole and the captions help you finish the sentence. It's an ILLUSION. Very well-done but still an illusion.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 01-16-2013 at 01:31 PM.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have seen the political ones. Like I said... they're good stiff. Hilarious and I enjoyed them. Adrian Peterson's was easily the best and I believe authentic.

Ain't buying that it's all actual footage though. Not one bit. Some of it is edited to look like it. The lip-motions are often unnatural, choppy, and/or partially blurred. For example, manhole and he fell in it. It doesn't remotely look like he said that. By the time you finish reading the text, you have caught "hole" the lips blurs then abruptly cuts and moves on to the next. Your eyes saw hole and the captions help you finish the sentence. It's an ILLUSION. Very well-done but still an illusion.
I didn't see the blur. Could be though. I think some of it is pure clips though. Some of the other sideline stuff. Like you said, Peterson..who was great!
Old 01-16-2013   #6
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93139 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoyed this a lot. Was a good job by whoever created it.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I didn't see the blur. Could be though. I think some of it is pure clips though. Some of the other sideline stuff. Like you said, Peterson..who was great!
Some of it is. Brady's "I found Fido. Hey, I found Fido. I found Fido, you guys." is sure to be a classic.

Lol.
Old 01-16-2013   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
. It's an ILLUSION. Very well-done but still an illusion.
So Nitro..you still might be right...but I watched again and I don't think it is a blur or edit. I think the illusion is we are sticking the words where they don't belong so at times its not perfectly natural. The one you spoke of and a few others look strange at the end because the persons mouth actually is doing what it was really doing...grimace, smile..whatever...and the last words don't fit. If you watch their mouth the words are just not fitting at times. But I am wrong often, so I could be again
Old 01-16-2013   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have seen the political ones. Like I said... they're good stuff. Hilarious and I enjoyed them. Adrian Peterson's was easily the best and I believe authentic.

I think the problem is that you actually know what you're doing when reading lips, and the rest of us with no experience can't tell the difference. I thought the best part was the ref talking about the girl with a room full of bean bags.
Old 01-16-2013   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think the problem is that you actually know what you're doing when reading lips, and the rest of us with no experience can't tell the difference. I thought the best part was the ref talking about the girl with a room full of bean bags.
It's not a problem. I was just saying. Meant no harm by it. Like I said... funny stuff.

The ref one is one that I suspect that has been edited. Unnatural and choppy. The question marks are where I suspect a skipped frame or two. Just for fun... here's what the ref said to the best of my abilities...

... and dropped ball ??? after the catch ???? therefore it's an incomplete pass. ??? will ??? be charged a timeout, put 7 seconds...
Old 01-16-2013   #11
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117697 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Still good stuff.
lmao
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 351224 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

funny
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read