Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-13-2013   #1
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Good Luck Today

Yesterday morning all this game meant to me was would the Texans make it to their first AFCC, or would the Pats make it again? Now it means so much more. Where will the Ravens travel to next week- Reliant...or Gilette?

Good luck today. I was confident the Ravens would play well against the Donks, but I wasn't guaranteeing a victory, and certainly not like THAT one! Denver spanked the Ravens during the regular season like the Patriots biatch-slapped the Texans. Needless to say, that loss meant nothing yesterday and it means nothing today.

If Houston plays like they are capable of, this game is eminently winnable. Good luck today!

I do NOT want to see this!!!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Good Luck Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Yesterday morning all this game meant to me was would the Texans make it to their first AFCC, or would the Pats make it again? Now it means so much more. Where will the Ravens travel to next week- Reliant...or Gilette?

Good luck today. I was confident the Ravens would play well against the Donks, but I wasn't guaranteeing a victory, and certainly not like THAT one! Denver spanked the Ravens during the regular season like the Patriots biatch-slapped the Texans. Needless to say, that loss meant nothing yesterday and it means nothing today.

If Houston plays like they are capable of, this game is eminently winnable. Good luck today!

I do NOT want to see this!!!
Like your boy said..."No weapon shall prosper."

Let's do this next week, Ravens.
Old 01-13-2013   #3
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1758 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

See you in Houston next week,
Old 01-13-2013   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Kinda feel bad you'd rather play us.

Old 01-13-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Good luck today.
Thanks.

And thanks to your boys for one hella entertaining game yesterday.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If the Texans lose today then I will root for the Ravens to win next week.
Old 01-13-2013   #7
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I still remember the old " win this for" thread tha Red Sox fans started before game 7 of the 2004 alcs. Win it for grandparents that never saw the team win it all etc. one of the great threads I ever saw.

Am sure a lot of old Oiler fans and current Texan fans that have never ever had the joy of a SB, or for that matter a clutch playoff win. Maybe today will be your day.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2013   #8
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kinda feel bad you'd rather play us.

I'll be honest. I'd rather play Marcia again, as we were one dropped pass from a win and a shanked FG from a tie in last year's AFCC. IMO, if the Ravens play the way they did yesterday, they can beat either Houston or New England. Of course, that is a big "if."

Having said all that, I think it would be a good thing if the Texans took another step forward by beating the Patriots today, and in one fell swoop of a weekend, the Grand Old Masters of the NFL (P. Manning, Brady) and The One They Would Like To Enshrine Next (Rodgers) all get unceremoniously dumped to the curb like a cheap date on a Friday night.

Out with the old; in with the new.
Old 01-13-2013   #9
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll be honest. I'd rather play Marcia again, as we were one dropped pass from a win and a shanked FG from a tie in last year's AFCC. IMO, if the Ravens play the way they did yesterday, they can beat either Houston or New England. Of course, that is a big "if."

Having said all that, I think it would be a good thing if the Texans took another step forward by beating the Patriots today, and in one fell swoop of a weekend, the Grand Old Masters of the NFL (P. Manning, Brady) and The One They Would Like To Enshrine Next (Rodgers) all get unceremoniously dumped to the curb like a cheap date on a Friday night.

You might be able to add Matt Ryan to that list.

How crazy would it be if the last 4 QB's in the playoffs were named Schaub, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Flacco.
Old 01-13-2013   #10
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
You might be able to add Matt Ryan to that list.

How crazy would it be if the last 4 QB's in the playoffs were named Schaub, Wilson, Kaepernick, and Flacco.
I'd say you cannot add Ryan, as he is 0-3 in the post-season. He's like that one girl that kinda looks pretty....until you turn the lighting up. Or you get sober.

I do like your QB line-up there, though! Jeezus, Flacco would be the veteran!!!
Old 01-13-2013   #11
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 11020 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

Yesterday's game was incredible and I'm hoping today's is even better.

GO TEXANS!
Old 01-13-2013   #12
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I have been charting the commercias that feature NFL teams and players lately- almost all of them are out of the playoffs now.....

Teams like us get no national respect
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #13
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
I have been charting the commercias that feature NFL teams and players lately- almost all of them are out of the playoffs now.....

I got no problem with that. Never have, never will.
Old 01-13-2013   #14
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I got no problem with that. Never have, never will.
Either do I really- I find it funny that the only team in the playoffs the last 5 years in a row doesn't even grab a cameo....

The Bud LIgt Superstition commercial with the Raiders fans turning the label on the bottle out to help the kicker is the funniest.

Everyone knows Rders fans are too stupid to think of anything but where their next can of dog food is coming from....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post

Ndamakon Suh has more commercials than guys on our teams combined.

That makes no sense to me. They ain't done crap & he ain't done crap.
Old 01-13-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ndamakon Suh has more commercials than guys on our teams combined.

That makes no sense to me. They ain't done crap & he ain't done crap.
He's been arrested, cited a bunch of times by the poe-lease. And stomping Schaub in the knuts was something.
Old 01-13-2013   #17
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best of luck today

I know how bad you want it. I really do. Just once I want the sports sun to fully shine on the city of Houston.

Good luck and beat that frigging team today.

Old 01-13-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Default Re: Best of luck today

I hate Titans fans.

If the situation was different, the Texans sitting at home because they're sorrier than dogsh1t & the Titans coming off one play off victory as AFC South champs... I wouldn't be over there wishing them good luck. If I watch the game at all, I'd be rooting for everything to go wrong for you. In fact, I'd have my hoodoo dolls out, working my magic.

You're a better man than me is all I gots to say.

& I'm fine with that.
Old 01-13-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Thanks, toronto. We'll need it.

Old 01-13-2013   #20
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hate Titans fans.

If the situation was different, the Texans sitting at home because they're sorrier than dogsh1t & the Titans coming off one play off victory as AFC South champs... I wouldn't be over there wishing them good luck. If I watch the game at all, I'd be rooting for everything to go wrong for you. In fact, I'd have my hoodoo dolls out, working my magic.

You're a better man than me is all I gots to say.

& I'm fine with that.
Heh I still have some Houston blood in me. Never have been able to hate the team, and part of me still wonders, especially these days, why I stuck with Bud over a new Houston team. The choices we make.

I save my hate for teams like the pats.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read