Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Bengals the Patriots and the fans

I'm nuetral on yesterday's game against the Bengals. The game meant nothing to me because of the circumstances that got the Texans into wildcard weekend. I stated this numerous times last week. They should have taken care of business. They were the #1 seed with a bye week and homefield throughout. But in the spirit of giving they handed Peyton and the Broncos the #1 seed and Brady and the Patriots the #2 seed and bye weeks to both. It still puzzles me how they were unable to get motivated enough to win 1 of the last 2 knowing what was at stake. That fact alone is troubling enough for a team entering the playoffs. Throw in the fact of what teams and qbs would benefit and where you would have to travel to make it to the superbowl.

I don't understand all the excitement and sunshine over yesterday's win. They put themselves in the situation of even having to play that game. Luckily for the Texans Dalton is not an elite qb and played worse than Schaub. That won't be the case next week in New England or the week after (if the planets align) in Denver. Two of the best qbs in the business.The Texans made it to the 2nd round last year against Baltimore and played them hard to the end with Yates at qb. A loss in New England next week would be much more disappointing due to the circumstances that put them at Gillette. A step in the wrong direction when compared to last season. That is why it was so important for the Texans to secure the #1 seed. Homefield is a much needed advantage against 2 teams that have plenty.

As I see it the Patriots have 4 major advantages over the Texans.

1-Head Coach. Belichick is one of the if not the best modern era NFL head coach. He coaches to win. Never lets up when they are ahead and makes great adjustments to expose what he sees as a weakness during the game. Kubiak, I will just remain silent about him and let you compare the 2 with your own thoughts on the matter.

2-QB. Brady is one of the best. An elite qb in a league that has very few. This guy can read defenses at the line and pick and choose what matchup he thinks are mismatches. Double Welker and he will throw to Gronk or Hernandez. Lloyd or Branch. He finds the open man. He can audible to a run. The guy is relentless and know how to win. The big stage is what he likes. Give this guy 2 minutes and the ball down by 6 and chances are he will drive his team down the field for a win. Schaub never gives me that same confidence.

3-Experience. The Patriots have won superbowls and lost em. Won playoff games and lost em. They have been there and done that. This team reeks with big game experince. They know how to win and they don't panic when they are down. The Texans haven't been able to step up and win the big games yet. I'm hoping they get over that hump before Smith cuts some more vital parts from this team.

4-Home field. The Texans gifted the Patriots this one and set themselves up to have to overcome the first 3 advantages at the enemies house. Tough sledding to say the least.

I'll be rooting for the Texans next week but I don't give them much of a chance to win. In fact chances are they will get blown out. If they could somehow pull out a win then this team will have moved forward over last season and play in a championship game against the Broncos. That would be amazing and would go a long way in building a winner in Houston. A loss and it will be business as usual. Typical Houston NFL football. Oh the sunshine pumpers will find a silver lining and swear that the superbowl was not what they were hoping for this year. Playoffs however they got there is good enough. They will remind you that this team is still young. (I don't know of any player left from that inaugural season). We will also be reminded that the Texans went 12-4 and that is their best record ever. (Lets all meet together under the afc south champions banners and sing and hold pinkies if that is all the Texans ever strive to achieve) I want to see the players hoisting the Lombardi trophy as winners. If the Steelers can get 6 and the Cowboys can get 5 then the Texans can damn sure get one. Stop accepting less as fans and making excuses when the team disappoints. If all you ever do is pump sunshine then you create an atmosphere that is conducive to being mediocre and an owner that is happy because he knows you accept whatever comes your way and are happy. Winners aren't satisfied with 2nd place. The fans need to learn how to win just as much as the players and coaches.
Old 01-06-2013   #2
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bengals the Patriots and the fans

Pats fan here. What I believe is critical to the Texans having a chance to win is changing from their tendencies. The Jets in 2010 and the Steelers in the regular season last year completely deviated away from their tendencies and it paid off for both teams. Wade is a great DC but I believe if he debut's with the same gameplan he used the first time- barring the Pats complete and utter collapse or numerous fluke turnovers- the Pats will win handily again.

I only wish it could have worked out to where you guys got to skull**** the Broncos and then face us for the AFC championship. I'm sick of hearing about Fivehead all of the time.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #3
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 6629 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest View Post
Pats fan here. What I believe is critical to the Texans having a chance to win is changing from their tendencies. The Jets in 2010 and the Steelers in the regular season last year completely deviated away from their tendencies and it paid off for both teams. Wade is a great DC but I believe if he debut's with the same gameplan he used the first time- barring the Pats complete and utter collapse or numerous fluke turnovers- the Pats will win handily again.

I only wish it could have worked out to where you guys got to skull**** the Broncos and then face us for the AFC championship. I'm sick of hearing about Fivehead all of the time.
pats will lose if texans offensive line clears the lanes for foster and sets up the play action. easier said than done though. pats don't score a lot during playoff time (+30) like the season.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #4
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

blah blah blah,,,,,ur not happy. There is no sun in the sky, the world is ending. You stated all the reasons we "wont" win or why you think we wont win.

Here is mine as to why i think we will win

Because i am a fan of the Texans so what else is there to really do/expect ?

Simple as that, and we also have jojo, manning, watt, Kj, Foster, OD, AJ, Brown and i have faith in those guys, so that helps as well.
Old 01-06-2013   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like bckey needed to be able to post a thread where he could state, from start to finish, why he feels the way he feels....rather than how it turned out last night where he says one thing and then has to fight off the "Bad fans, Good fans" posters who did nothing more than bang pots and pans together as if that was a great way to have a discussion about all this.

Good for him, he got to state his position.

No Texans fan sat there yesterday and hoped we would lose. But I will tell you that I, GP, did sit there and think (many times) "We can't play like that...we can't coach like that...vs. the Patriots. We'll be screwed." So there was this bittersweet feeling that yeah, you were rooting for your team...but you also felt a twist in your stomach that IF we beat the Bengals we're headed for a good dose of medicine next Sunday.

That makes it hard to feel great about the win vs. Bengals. Had I seen a domination by the Texans, where basically the spirit of Brian Cushing was channeled through the bodies of our offense and defense the whole game? Yeah, I'd be stoked for next Sunday. But I still saw the same tendencies and the same inadequate effort by most of this team that I'm cranky about this situation.

We had a chance to get HFA and bring them to our house. And we gave it away. As if we felt guilty for having a 12-1 record going into the final 5 games of the year. As if it wasn't right for us to get a first round bye and to have HFA throughout. This team changed after the OT win on Turkey Day. Why or what happened, I don't know. But it changed.

The "Suh isn't Texans worthy" comment by Schaub, the lettermen jackets, the Segways, etc., it felt like everyone let off the gas pedal. IMO.
Old 01-06-2013   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

If you stated it numerous times last week why bother with a new thread to say the same thing?
Old 01-06-2013   #7
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If you stated it numerous times last week why bother with a new thread to say the same thing?
I think he might be unimpressed. Not sure though.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2013   #8
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The first paragraph. Not the entire post.
Old 01-06-2013   #9
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He called me a dumbass yesterday for being excited for our team's win. I don't even think the guy wants success for the Texans after seeing him post that. I'm not sure if he's a Titans fan who came on here or what, but I've never seen an alleged fan get angry when we win a playoff game, much less insult other fans for getting excited because we won a playoff game.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He called me a dumbass yesterday for being excited for our team's win. I don't even think the guy wants success for the Texans after seeing him post that. I'm not sure if he's a Titans fan who came on here or what, but I've never seen an alleged fan get angry when we win a playoff game, much less insult other fans for getting excited because we won a playoff game.
I did not. It was all your condecending comments in numerous threads as a whole. Had nothing whatsoever to do with your excitement over the win. You just are really obnoxious when fans don't agree with your "ultimatefan" point of view.

Been here since 2004. No bandwagon or Titan fan or any other nfl team fan. Texans fan all the way. Too many people migrated over here from the mainboard. Agree with them or else. It used to be a peaceful board. How do you even have the time to post 12066 times since 2008. It gets old sifting through your rants. Gotta start using the ignore list again.
Old 01-06-2013   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every single week is a rehash of the same material from the same posters regardless of their particular opinions. I don't see any reason why bckey shouldn't have every right to do the same. Many times it's a process wherein posters takes gradually become more refined as time goes by.

I thought the post was just fine myself. rep to bckey.
Old 01-06-2013   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Every single week is a rehash of the same material from the same posters regardless of their particular opinions. I don't see any reason why bckey shouldn't have every right to do the same. Many times it's a process wherein posters takes gradually become more refined as time goes by.

That's right, and it's all because this message board is rigged I'm tellin' you...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224914 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I said nothing about him not having the right to post his opinion.
Old 01-06-2013   #14
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 694 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected

NE advantage # 5 The Refs and the NFL according to some folks here.

Every call will go against the Texans because the nation wants to see Brady vs Manning. The NFL doesnt like Houston. Its hot, humid and has oil refineries.
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

My heart and inner homer says texans will win bye a FG or something ...I just have the image of the texans in there winter gear and some way find a way to grind it out Alla the GB game a few years ago and he bears game this year

My head says we will lose

Either way cant wait to see what happens
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I don't understand all the excitement and sunshine over yesterday's win.
It's the NFL playoffs. We beat a good team. Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest View Post
Pats fan here. What I believe is critical to the Texans having a chance to win is changing from their tendencies...

Wade is a great DC but I believe if he debut's with the same gameplan he used the first time- barring the Pats complete and utter collapse or numerous fluke turnovers- the Pats will win...
I kinda agree with this, although I'm not sure Wade does "thinking-outside-the-box" gameplans. We'll see.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read