Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-02-2013   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 92090 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ray Lewis Retiring: “This will be my last ride”

One of the best to ever play the position, imo.

Quote:
One of the greatest players in NFL history is preparing to hang it up after the playoffs.

Ray Lewis, the Ravens linebacker and future Pro Football Hall of Famer, said today that he plans to retire following this season. The Ravens open the playoffs on Sunday against the Colts, in what will likely be Lewis’s last game in Baltimore.

“This will be my last ride,” Lewis said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-my-last-ride/
Old 01-02-2013   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Lewis Retiring: “This will be my last ride”

GOAT mlb...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
GOAT mlb...
Not to take anything away from Ray, as I've got tremendous respect for him.

But, he's no. 2 right behind Mike Singletary in my book.
Old 01-02-2013   #4
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

No, he's the BEST EVER.

I'll get to see him one more time......
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar disagree. He should never have had this many seasons. He should've been in jail.
Old 01-02-2013   #6
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Not to take anything away from Ray, as I've got tremendous respect for him.

But, he's no. 2 right behind Mike Singletary in my book.
lol MS is so over rated
Old 01-02-2013   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
lol MS is so over rated

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2013   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75384 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol MS is so over rated
captain of arguably the greatest defense ever overrated? Hmm...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #9
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 275 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Im gonna miss seeing him try his hardest every game. You will be remembered #52!

Sig courtesy of False Start!
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol MS is so over rated
...said no one ever.

Singletary and Lewis are so close in records that a good argument could be made either way. The main reason I give Singletary the nod is that Lewis has called him his mentor. Singletary coached Lewis for two seasons with the Ravens, btw. Video

They were both captains of the two best defenses in the last 30 years. I'd go back farther in time, but the 1970's Steel Curtain is easily considered the best ever. Both of these cats look up to Jack Lambert.
Old 01-02-2013   #11
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Too bad the Texans choked, then we could've seen him play his last game in Reliant.
Old 01-02-2013   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86827 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
...said no one ever.

Singletary and Lewis are so close in records that a good argument could be made either way. The main reason I give Singletary the nod is that Lewis has called him his mentor. Singletary coached Lewis for two seasons with the Ravens, btw. Video

They were both captains of the two best defenses in the last 30 years. I'd go back farther in time, but the 1970's Steel Curtain is easily considered the best ever. Both of these cats look up to Jack Lambert.
The Steel Curtain is not even in the top 3 much less the best ever. Hell, you'd have to find at least one season to try and compare instead of trying to use a decade of a defense. Statistically the Ravens Defense blew their defense out of the water the year they won the SB. The Ravens played against waaaaaayyy better offenses. The Ravens won their SB with nothing but defense and were the first team to ever win a SB with straight defense and no offense.

And by your theory, you're basically saying that these guys are better because they were older. I could argue that LB"s before Lambert were better by that notion just because they were older. Now days LB's like Ray Lewis have more responsibilities though. Lambert and Singletary weren't practically coaches on the field the way Ray Lewis has been. Not to the same level any way. And I don't see what Singletary being a mentor has anything to do with him being better. That just means he coached him at one point. Ray Lewis was already a HOFer before Singletary ever coached him any way.

The only LB that is really even close to being in the discussion to Ray Lewis is LT, and Ray Lewis was easily better because he wasn't the detriment to his team like LT was. LT helped his teammates to get into trouble and to do tons of bad things off the field. Ray Lewis helped his teammates to stay out of trouble and to buy into everything they were doing on the field. He helped to even minister some of his teammates and help them with their faith in the lord.

Ultimate leader on and off the field. Best LB of all time. Best defensive player of all time. Best leader of all time. This is an opinion of course, but there is a ton of evidence to back up that claim as a strong argument.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read