Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-30-2012   #1
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87281 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Safety

If wade phillips is here and we're going to play 30-40 3 safety sets per game maybe its time to invest in another safety. Demps is marginal at best. 2-4th round maybe?
Old 12-30-2012   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safety

I've definitely said as much. I proposed Eric Reid in the 1st, I think he'd fit right in and boost the 2ndary.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quin is a free agent, as much as I like him, he is limited. If Texans spend a first expect him to have walked. I prefer Texas SS Kenny Vaccaro.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77717 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me Matt Elam from Florida. One of the few big hitting ball hawks out there.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Give me Matt Elam from Florida. One of the few big hitting ball hawks out there.
I'd be good with a Muschamp product. That D played with some huevos.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Read some good things out of the Shrine Game Practices about Cooper Taylor (Richmond and Ga Tech), 6'4 228 lbs with good speed for his size and Zeke Motta (sp?) from Notre Dame.

Where do you guys think they will get drafted?

Think I'm gonna watch the game tonight.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
If wade phillips is here and we're going to play 30-40 3 safety sets per game maybe its time to invest in another safety. Demps is marginal at best. 2-4th round maybe?
Ive been thinking about that a bit myself. I think you keep Quin and invest a high pick on the position. I said in another thread that in Wades defense that 3rd safety is very important .... Looks like Im not the only one who believes that to be the case.

I dont have any particular players targeted at the position yet .... but in my next round of evaluations , the S spot will be one of the top priorities.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2013   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
swearinger from south carolina i mocked him in the 5th. great open field tackler and well above average in coverage, his one of my sleepers this year
Swearinger is who I'd target. I love his game actually more than some of the tip safety prospects.

He's a better player than vaccaro IMO. Not really close.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #9
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98826 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you guys think of Bacarri Rambo? And where would you see the Texans taking him if at all?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
What do you guys think of Bacarri Rambo? And where would you see the Texans taking him if at all?
I've watched a few of his games. He looks pretty good; but he's a problem child off the field though.

I like to watch more of him and Amerson (and others).

But I do think Rambo is a good player.

Amerson, I'm stil trying to figure out if he can make the conversion to safety.
He probably can, but it's still early.

There's time to look at all of them deeper.
Old 01-20-2013   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Bradie James can kick rocks, but I don't think it's the end if the world if he's brought back as depth and has to earn a roster spot.

Similar for Walter...have no issue with him on the team as a niche player. Walter should mainly be used in the slot or as a flanker or wing used to block and make short possession type catches.
Old 01-20-2013   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Bradie James can kick rocks, but I don't think it's the end if the world if he's brought back as depth and has to earn a roster spot.

Similar for Walter...have no issue with him on the team as a niche player. Walter should mainly be used in the slot or as a flanker or wing used to block and make short possession type catches.
Just long as they accept a pay cut, Texans cannot continue to overpay mediocrity.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 167919 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

James was paid the vet minimum last season ..... $825k.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Just long as they accept a pay cut, Texans cannot continue to overpay mediocrity.
Of course.

If not just get rid of them.
Old 02-05-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Add another name to the list, Jonathan Cyprien from little known Florida Intl'.

There are 3 games out there on youtube: Louisville, W. Kent, and FAU.

He showed well during the Senior Bowl week and is currently rated by CBS Sports to be a mid round prospect.

I have a couple more games I think I will try to watch.

Look to have good range and flex hips; I think he has potential.
Old 02-05-2013   #16
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77717 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Add another name to the list, Jonathan Cyprien from little known Florida Intl'.

There are 3 games out there on youtube: Louisville, W. Kent, and FAU.

He showed well during the Senior Bowl week and is currently rated by CBS Sports to be a mid round prospect.

I have a couple more games I think I will try to watch.

Look to have good range and flex hips; I think he has potential.
Cyprien is flying up draft boards. Probably a late 2nd-early 3rd prospect at this point.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #17
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

A safety that I really like as a fit for the Texans is Duke Williams Nevada 6'-0" 200. Look him up and let me know your thoughts?
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
A safety that I really like as a fit for the Texans is Duke Williams Nevada 6'-0" 200. Look him up and let me know your thoughts?
Yep he can cover the TE or slot and is fearless against the run. Everybody is talking Cyprien up (Rightfully so) but Williams was the best S on the field during the Sr.Bowl. He'exactly what the Texans need to replace Demps/Keo.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some folks on here have talked about finding a tall Safety with speed to cover the tall athletic TE's in the league. What would yall think of Tharold Simon-CB from LSU, and move him to Safety? He's listed as 6'02 and 193 lbs. with 4.54 projected speed. I don't know much about him but from the film I've seen he's fairly good at coverage with good athleticism. Also we need a Safety with coverage skills, not a old school thumper.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read