Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2012   #1
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 3232 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This team's in trouble

I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Never thought I'd say that I am happy to see Keo get in the game. Yeah, that big Colts TD at the end of the half was squarely on Demps as he sat flat-footed awed at Luck's athleticism as dude ran right past him.

Demps has been fk'n up too many times, too long. I've got my eyes on Brandon Harris too, some of the calls against him are bull, but that last holding call, no doubt.... that was on him. May have saved a TD, I don't know. So he's got a little rope. But he needs to get his head out of his colon & get it into the game.
Old 12-16-2012   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

You should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of WINS, that is fail imo.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #4
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
You should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of WINS, that is fail imo.
Agreed, but in reality this hasn't been a very good football team over the last 4-5 weeks despite the record. Needing OT to beat two bad teams, a lackluster win over the Titans, getting blown out by the Pats and now today, where the Texans will have to hang on for dear life if they win today, they have simply not been the team that sprinted out to a 7-1 record in the first half.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #5
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Agreed, but in reality this hasn't been a very good football team over the last 4-5 weeks despite the record. Needing OT to beat two bad teams, a lackluster win over the Titans, getting blown out by the Pats and now today, where the Texans will have to hang on for dear life if they win today, they have simply not been the team that sprinted out to a 7-1 record in the first half.
That is what scares me. Looks like we'll beat Indy. But it's hardly the angry 'we're going to take last week out on you' beat down I was hoping for. The other 12-2 team is blowing people out, and teams with lesser records are peaking while we continue to struggle...
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

A double digit victory over a playoff team is struggling and hanging on for dear life?

Crack. Smoke less of it.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega swatt View Post
you should have your new thread privileges taken away. You could have posted this in the game day thread.

11-2.

When you don't care that the team you are supposedly a fan of wins, that is fail imo.
12-2

fixed
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2012   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRice View Post
I don't care if they beat the colts, this team is fluke. The secondary is terrible. If the D line doesn't put pressure on QB in one play you can count on a long completion. The offense is inconsistent at times. The special teams is one the worst in the NFL. This team will not make it in the Superbowl let alone wining it.
This team is in a little funk on both offense and defense and have till won 7 out of 8 of their last games. Get out of here with that B.S dude. i see why you have red rep.
Old 12-16-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
We have zero chance to win a road playoff game unless we step things up quite a bit (and recent history says we won't...I think you could make the argument that the last COMPLETE game we played was vs. The Ravens) . So winning out is looking to be a must at this point. And I'm not sure we beat Indy in Indy after how we played today.
We have more than 0 chance.

I wouldn't put my money on it, but I hope we could pull it out.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #10
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

With all due respect, the thread starter needs to be pistol whipped.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #11
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
With all due respect, the thread starter needs to be pistol whipped.
Indeed, 12-2 teams aren't "in trouble". But that doesn't mean the last few weeks have given me a warm fuzzy about our chances in the playoffs. It's fair (I think) to suggest this team hasn't been playing up to its record in recent weeks and hoping it finds early-season form before the playoffs come. But that doesn't mean the team is "in trouble". It's not.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Indeed, 12-2 teams aren't "in trouble". But that doesn't mean the last few weeks have given me a warm fuzzy about our chances in the playoffs. It's fair (I think) to suggest this team hasn't been playing up to its record in recent weeks and hoping it finds early-season form before the playoffs come. But that doesn't mean the team is "in trouble". It's not.
I guarantee you most NYG fans didn't like their chances to win a Super Bowl when they were 9-7. Neither did the GreenBay Packers when they went in as a Wild Card.

The last 15 weeks have been the longerst 15 weeks of the year for every NFL player. The next 6 (or whatever it is) is going to seem even longer.

You don't need to feel comfortable about our chances to win the Super Bowl. I don't think we're supposed to.

It's us against them, no one believes.......

& that's the way it's supposed to be.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 12-16-2012 at 05:51 PM.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We're all happy for 12-2. That doesn't stop some of us from analyzing what we see as problems with the team. So here's an open question to the Sunshine Club:

What did the Texans do today to convince you that the Patriots game was a fluke?
Old 12-16-2012   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna hold my judgement until the season is over. I can't decide if the chicken came before the egg with the offense in general and QB play in particular. Schaub isn't the most atheletic QB, so is he under orders to take a sack or throw the ball away instead of running or being more "creative" under pressure? Is Schaub actually more atheletic than he seems and Kubiak is restaraining him from running more or being more "creative"?

I can easily see Yates or Keenum being given more freedom to improvise when I see how discombobulated Schaub looks when under pressure. That's the biggest difference I see on offense.

On defense, IMO, it's all about the lack of consistent pass rush if Watt gets stopped. Barwin and Reed/ Merciless have been inconsistent, at best, and downright awful at worst. I really like the idea of Reed as an ILB and think Merci will be much better next year. He has the motor, just needs the experience. I also really think Harris will be a force next year. Fix the pass rush and the secondary will miraculously get better again, just like last season.

BTW, we're 12-2 playing a 1st place schedule. You can only play the teams on the schedule.
Old 12-16-2012   #15
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly it seemed like the entire team clicked in the 4th quarter, Im interested to see if they can carry this over with them. Now would be the time for the offense to get hot and gain rhythm and make opposing teams abandon the run
Old 12-16-2012   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe maybe not who knows can predict the future based on what u see on paper
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the game a lot of people were saying the colts weren't good. They were lucky to be where they were. They were saying that they really should be a 5 win team or so.

Now when they come in here and battle us tough, it was a good win against a quality play off team.

Im judging this team hard because I don't believe our superbowl window will be open for a long time because we dint have an elite qb.

Elite qb's keep their teams in superbowl contention. Andrew luck looks like he can develop into that kind of guy.

We need to make this happen.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Before the game a lot of people were saying the colts weren't good. They were lucky to be where they were. They were saying that they really should be a 5 win team or so.

Now when they come in here and battle us tough, it was a good win against a quality play off team.

Im judging this team hard because I don't believe our superbowl window will be open for a long time because we dint have an elite qb.

Elite qb's keep their teams in superbowl contention. Andrew luck looks like he can develop into that kind of guy.

The next guy is already on the roster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I was one of those who said the Colts weren't good. I said they would help us beat them & they did.

However, I'm also saying this team is flawed, but I think every team is flawed. Throughout a sixteen game season, some teams are going to start off strong. We were one of those. Some teams are going to start off slow. That was the Patriots & the Packers. Some teams are going to get hot at different times during the season.

We need to get hot again. So does the Ravens, the. Steelers, the 49ers.

Maybe we don't get hot again & are 1 & done in the play offs. Maybe we start clicking & get better every week from here.

Who knows? But this isn't unheard of in the NFL. This is what mAkes it so good why so many people like this sport.
Old 12-16-2012   #20
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
Yes people told me I was crazy when I valued Wilson over Luck. If you saw the way Wilson played at NC st. you would understand why I was so high on him. He was beating teams he had no business beating. Then he transferred to a more talented Wisconsin team and posted a 191 rating.

Luck strikes me as a player that will improve some, but he is a qb/coaches son, and was ready for the NFL at least 2 years ago. He played in an NFL system under Harbaugh so I don't think his ceiling is too much higher. I think he will improve on his turnovers which will keep him in the top 10 qbs every year. These qb's coming into the league lately are just more NFL ready than qbs of the past. The colts playoff run this year has been super flukey, but he does have that clutch factor going.
I never thought much of luck but have bought into the hype since didn't watch him this season till today. He is not very accurate which is a tough thing to learn at this stage. Indy also has to be careful that he doesn't get hit too often and get Carr syndrome

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read