Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-13-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Bengals at Eagles

Anyone watching this game?

I'm watching Foles & he looks solid. Not RG III/Andy Luck solid, but solid. Making some really nice throws. This kid, Bryce Brown is special. They have spurts of playing really good football. The defense has been outstanding, even though they've given up 34 points.

The problem, is that the offense keeps making mistakes. Not little problems, big problems. They've turned the ball over 4 times & when they do put a drive together, they screw it up & come away with field goals (x2) instead of TDs (1).

The Bengals Defense is all right, but their getting pushed around by the Eagles line. Pac-man is stupid, but he's playing good ball. Nothing special, none of the Bengals defenders are doing anything special today.

But the Eagles are getting blown out. Because of the mistakes made by Philly more than the stellar play by the Bengals.

Now we're about to play the Colts. & I see this game going the way I think our game will go. The Bengals aren't spectacular on offense today. But they're not making mistakes, we don't make mistakes. The Eagles are hot & cold, making mistakes that are helping the Bengals run the score up.

& it's not like the Bengals have their foot on the throat or anything. They're not doing anything special, or having to make spectacular plays, they're just being conservative, letting the Eagles come to them.

34-13 with 11 minutes to go. I can see us getting that kind of lead on the Colts. I don't see our defense (as bad as it is) giving it up in 11 minutes regardless how conservative we go on offense.
Old 12-13-2012   #2
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bengals at Eagles

We must have watched different games. Bengals D took the game over late in the 3rd and pretty much put it away.

AJ Green reminds me of AJ. Kid id gonna be REALLY good. Him, Dalton, and that D are turning that morbid franchise around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not big on Foles...he pushes his long ball. In other news, the Eagles have folded their tents and are loading the clown cars.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
AJ Green reminds me of AJ. Kid id gonna be REALLY good. Him, Dalton, and that D are turning that morbid franchise around.
Until they go away via FA because Mike Brown doesn't want to pay them.

Benglols

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Until they go away via FA because Mike Brown doesn't want to pay them.

Benglols
I really hope JJo can lure Leon Hall down here.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
We must have watched different games. Bengals D took the game over late in the 3rd and pretty much put it away.
I'm mainly looking at that fumble by Brown. He was still running pretty good at that point. It wasn't that the Defense forced that fumble, he never secured the ball. In the replay, you can see he never even had it.

It's probably going to go down as a forced fumble, but that looks like the self inflicted pains I see the Colts making.

Just like the Patriots defense against the Jets, they played well, but most of the turnovers were self inflicted & the Pats D capitalized on them. Like Sanchez turning not finding a RB & deciding to carry it himself & running into the butt of his own player forcing his own fumble. The Pats just picked it up & ran it in for a TD.

I'm not saying the Bengals D didn't play well, but Geno Atkins was practically invisible, Pac-man was making dumb penalties one after the other, & they dropped a couple of INTs... definitely a lot of room for improvement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read