Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-10-2012   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default RG3 had better Cool It

LANDOVER, Md. -- The Washington Redskins became relevant again that moment in early March when they swung the blockbuster trade for the St. Louis Rams' No. 2 draft pick, making the Heisman-winning Robert Griffin III a dream come true in burgundy.
Not even Griffin's heart-stopping knee injury on Washington's game-tying drive late in the final two minutes could dispel the Redskins' mojo on this day. The spectacular rookie quarterback left the game for a play after being plowed into by Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, perhaps hyperextending Griffin's right knee, but then heroically re-entered for four plays before giving way for good to fellow Redskins rookie quarterback Kirk Cousins.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2EfGroVhQ
To me he's the most exciting new player in the NFL since Micahel Vick. And I mean the young Michael Vick in his athletic prime with the Falcons 10 years ago. But this kid is going to get hurt, hurt bad if he doesn't tone down his act a bit. He can still be great without being reckless.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RG3 had better Cool It

He's a fun, dynamic player to watch, and the fact that he plays on one of the Cowboys' division rivals makes it easy for me to root for him.

But, I think his style of play is going to ultimately hurt his career. Dude has a solid arm, though, so he could be coached up to rely on his passing game and use the run when needed as last resort. Right now, it seems they are scheming to use his running abilities as a primary weapon, and that's just asking for long-term trouble when the inevitable injuries add up.
Old 12-10-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
He's a fun, dynamic player to watch, and the fact that he plays on one of the Cowboys' division rivals makes it easy for me to root for him.

But, I think his style of play is going to ultimately hurt his career. Dude has a solid arm, though, so he could be coached up to rely on his passing game and use the run when needed as last resort. Right now, it seems they are scheming to use his running abilities as a primary weapon, and that's just asking for long-term trouble when the inevitable injuries add up.
I think at this stage of the game, that's what they need to do, to make him successful. Last night, that play was to tie the game & they would have still needed a two point conversion to force overtime.

I think they are going about it the right way, I'm sure Shanahan & shanahan are in his ear all day Monday about what should have been done on every snap, including when he should have just thrown it away.

He's definitely going to have to change his approach in the future, he's too good behind the LOS to have him keep doing that. But it's a process.
Old 12-10-2012   #4
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Now only is RG3 a great athlete, but the dude is BRILLIANT! He's not a dumb athlete playing QB--ala Michael Vick. The dude has his law degree.

But I agree that somebody needs to teach him to slide occasionally. Would love to see a long career outta RG3, and at this rate he's gonna wear himself down or break himself apart.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Now only is RG3 a great athlete, but the dude is BRILLIANT! He's not a dumb athlete playing QB--ala Michael Vick. The dude has his law degree.
He does not have a JD. He got a BA in political science in 3 years and was doing coursework for a masters in communication his last year. Not taking away from your point that he is smart, just a correction.
Old 12-10-2012   #6
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He does not have a JD. He got a BA in political science in 3 years and was doing coursework for a masters in communication his last year. Not taking away from your point that he is smart, just a correction.
You know cak, after I posted it I began thinking about what I'd heard from my sister-in-law about that very thing. She's a BU alumn.

I stand corrected. Thank ya sir.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #7
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
To me he's the most exciting new player in the NFL since Micahel Vick. And I mean the young Michael Vick in his athletic prime with the Falcons 10 years ago. But this kid is going to get hurt, hurt bad if he doesn't tone down his act a bit. He can still be great without being reckless.
He really is. He's a well-spoken, humble guy, and it's difficult to root against him (unless you're a Cowboys fan). He's a dynamic athlete who doesn't have to use his legs to compensate for his lack of arm. Rather, his speed is just a complement to his arm.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read