Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-28-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OAK LB Rolando McClain to be waived

Height: 6-4 Weight: 259 Age: 23
Born: 7/14/1989 Athens , AL
College: Alabama
Experience: 3rd season

Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL
Sounding like Rolando McClain was indeed cut.

Still waiting on confirmation on McClain, but I'd expect that to be forthcoming.

Steve Corkran ‏@CorkOnTheNFL
#Raiders have not waived MLB Rolando McClain. Yet. Waiver deadline for today passed, and he was not on the list.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Then, Rolando McClain posted this: "Well technically I am. But I'm mentally done. Just waiting on my papers"

Kyle Burger ‏@kyle_burger
McClain on Facebook: "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!" and "I'd like to be anywhere besides here"

Sounds like McClain will officially be on roster for one more day...just one.

Last edited by srrono; 11-28-2012 at 06:28 PM.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OAK LB Rolando McClain to be waived

Wow, that's really surprising. He was not a crazy pick at #8 overall in 2010. I wonder what went wrong.
Old 11-28-2012   #3
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

As a Raider fan all I can say is good riddance. I think both McClain and Jamarcus Russell were cut from the same cloth.
Old 11-28-2012   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Wow, that's really surprising. He was not a crazy pick at #8 overall in 2010. I wonder what went wrong.
Apparently off the field issues coupled with poor on the field performance.

If I'm the texans I'd take a chance on him considering we are think and could use talent in the middle of the field.

Plus, he would probably be a better fit in our 34 as opposed to a 43.

Would love to see him next to Cushing next year.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Apparently off the field issues coupled with poor on the field performance.

If I'm the texans I'd take a chance on him considering we are think and could use talent in the middle of the field.

Plus, he would probably be a better fit in our 34 as opposed to a 43.

Would love to see him next to Cushing next year.
Yeah the kid is only 23 with 2 years on contract.

7/29/2010: Signed a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal contains $23 million guaranteed. An annual $250,000 workout bonus is available in years two through five. 2012: $970,000, 2013: $4.005 million, 2014: $5.805 million, 2015: Free Agent
I dont know what the numbers will be with his release.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
As a Raider fan all I can say is good riddance. I think both McClain and Jamarcus Russell were cut from the same cloth.
Rolando obviously is the reason he didn't work out, but Jamarcus russel?

Thats a pretty harsh comparison if accurate.
Old 11-28-2012   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

His contract is too ridiculous for the Texans to pick up right now, he'll probably have to go through waivers and I am willing to bet some other team scoops him up.
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2012   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Cue, yet again, the "the Texans need to sign this guy who couldn't cut it on a much worse defense" comments.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #9
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Cue, yet again, the "the Texans need to sign this guy who couldn't cut it on a much worse defense" comments.
Promptly cued, already, a bunch 0 times.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, I just read that he recently got pulled in their subpackage where they only use two LBs.
I check the snap counts at FB Outsiders and Phillip Wheeler, an Ex-Colt who has never been great, got the most playing time.
McClain trailed the rookie Miles Burris by some 60 plays.
And to think Burris was one of the dark horses a few of us clamored for around draft time...
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

If I'm the texans I'm taking a good look at this guy.
Old 11-28-2012   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cap hit just wouldn't work plus not Texan worthy

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We have a type and he is not it. A quitter who if I'm not mistaken put a gun to a mans head and pulled the trigger. No chance
Old 11-28-2012   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Cap hit just wouldn't work plus not Texan worthy
I don't think the cap hit this year would be much.
Old 11-29-2012   #15
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think the cap hit this year would be much.
Correct - about $285K

He's also under contract for '13 (right at $4 Million) and '14 (Right at $5.8 Million), but after this season, he could be waived without any cap consequences, or we could attempt to renegotiate.
Old 11-29-2012   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Correct - about $285K

He's also under contract for '13 (right at $4 Million) and '14 (Right at $5.8 Million), but after this season, he could be waived without any cap consequences, or we could attempt to renegotiate.

That's the idea, cheap midseason rental player. If he sucks cut him, if he's great then renegotiate his contract or cut him. I doubt he clears waivers all the way down to us and doubt the Texans would be willing to bring in this type of team cancer to the locker room. It's sad, I really thought this guy was going to have a great career, got Aaron Curry wrong as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #17
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were you guys I'd be hoping and praying the Texans DON'T go after McClain. You guys have a great defense in Houston, this waste of a pick will do nothing but harm to your team.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking Alabama is overrated for good pro prospects .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
That's the idea, cheap midseason rental player. If he sucks cut him, if he's great then renegotiate his contract or cut him. I doubt he clears waivers all the way down to us and doubt the Texans would be willing to bring in this type of team cancer to the locker room. It's sad, I really thought this guy was going to have a great career, got Aaron Curry wrong as well.

After doing some more reading on McClain I'm changing my mind, the guys a complete douche bag. No Thanks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...mlb-moving-on/

Some of above:
Against the run, while the numbers are solid, they don’t tell the whole story. He’s currently seventh in the league in Run Stop Percentage at 11.4 percent and tied for 11th with 27 stops. There’s nothing wrong with those figures, but when we look at the film, a lot of his plays are made as the unblocked defender. He does a nice job of sifting through traffic and finding the ball, but he’s struggled when offensive linemen get their hands on him. When the scheme puts him in position to make a play, he can get there, but he hasn’t made many plays while working off blocks since his strong Week 1 game against the San Diego Chargers.

Another positive for McClain is his tackling as he ranks ninth among inside linebackers this year with a Tackling Efficiency of 21.0. He’s only missed one tackle in the running game, so as to the previous point, when he’s put in position to make a play.

was arrested last December and originally sentenced to spend 180 days in jail after an alleged shooting incident, but those charges were later dropped.

Can any one post link to his behavior other than the gun incident with charges dropped? I can't find anything but "other incidents."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read