Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2012   #1
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quality of Wins - Not Important

Don't expect perfection. When you see games like Buffalo that didn't turn out to be as big a win as everyone expected, or tight games against inferior teams like OT victories vs the Jags & Lions it creates seeds of doubt. We all know that teams can win the Superbowl as a wildcard team. The Giants just won the Superbowl after a 9-7 regular season. That's 7 turds they laid. Plus...5 of their WINS were by 4 points or less. Not very impressive. Even teams that win 14+ in the regular season like the Colts in 2009 have some close games. They went 14-0 and sat players for the final 2 games (they lost both). Here's the scores of those 14 Colts wins:

Jags - 14-12
@ Dolphins - 27-23
@ Cards - 31-10
Seahawks - 34-17
@ Titans - 31-9
@ Rams - 42-6
49ers - 18-14
Texans - 20-17
Pats - 35-34
@ Ravens - 17-15
@ Texans - 35-27
Titans - 27-17
Broncos - 28-16
@ Jags - 35-31

Sure, that schedule didn't have many creampuffs on it but there also were 8 one score wins. Not exactly dominating. Other than the 16-0 2007 Patriots (who lost the SB) there hasn't been a team that dominates week after week in the regular season. The NFL is too difficult.

Bad teams beat themselves. Good teams find ways to win. We finally have a team that is a true contender. The NFL regular season record is only used to set up the playoffs.

Bottom line is: All we should care about is the Texans going on a 3 game win streak in the playoffs and returning from from New Orleans with a silver trophy with a football on top.
Old 11-26-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Quality of Wins - Not Important

Speaking of which, shouldn't they have already sent out the play-off invoices?

I'm ready. Been ready. I know Bob wants my money, what's the hold up?
Old 11-26-2012   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Why? They haven't even clinched yet.
Old 11-26-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why? They haven't even clinched yet.
I know. Just a little impatient.
Old 11-26-2012   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They sent the letter making sure they had your right address.

All in good time.
Old 11-26-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

All in good time.
When I saw it, I thought it was the invoice for the play-off games. I was thinking, "My, they're feeling very confident."
Old 11-26-2012   #7
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2012   #8
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh... We should have won both of those Colts games that year. Should have been a wild card team that year.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

All in good time.
Damnit woman!! You just reminded me that I haven't mailed or faxed that sheet in yet.... Okay, maybe not "damnit woman" but more like: "Thank you Steph for reminding me......"
Old 11-26-2012   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If I remember right, they sent them out after the first week of December (6th-10th somewhere around there) with a deadline of the 23rd or something like that, maybe a little later.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #11
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They are in now, payment due by Dec 14th.

You can see them on line, go to Houston Texans web site, the tickets, then sign in to you account.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Invoices are online. All I can say is OUCH!!!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line. Would you take ugly win in SB? Or, would you rather see the Texans in hard fought game but loose? I'd seen enough of hard fought loses. I want the Texans to Win and Win it all if possible whether it is ugly or not. Doesn't matter if the game is a perfect one or not! Of course, I want the Texans to Win in strong commanding lead fashion. But, I won't complain if we win in ugly fashion. We waited long enough! Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy. And, that's all I can say to this subject.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Bottom line. Would you take ugly win in SB? Or, would you rather see the Texans in hard fought game but loose? I'd seen enough of hard fought loses. I want the Texans to Win and Win it all if possible whether it is ugly or not. Doesn't matter if the game is a perfect one or not! Of course, I want the Texans to Win in strong commanding lead fashion. But, I won't complain if we win in ugly fashion. We waited long enough! Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy. And, that's all I can say to this subject.

Go Texans!!!
Preach it again Samurai-San!

Did I use the term correctly? LOL
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #15
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Preach it again Samurai-San!

Did I use the term correctly? LOL
Well grass hopper76, Sun rises from east and sets on west. In realty, Earth is spinning instead of Sun or my head is spinning. Do you understand grass hopper76? Because, I don't understand what I am saying.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Houston deserve to have a Lombardi Trophy.
pssshhhhhhhh........ Houston can't even get a space shuttle.
Old 11-27-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I read a fiction or two; in cases similar to this, we normally have something built by the Japanese or stashed somewhere in Japan (one of them is Contact by Carl Sagan, the famous astronomer.)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012   #18
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But...we got one of the planes that carried them!!!
Old 11-28-2012   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go Texans!!!
Good question & one I have considered. If we had a season with some sloppy games, I would not be happy with a sloppy SB win. I do know that the feeling I had after that type of win would not be a good one. I have experienced a yucky feeling after a yucky win. I did not watch any of the games when Astros went to World Series. I had no connection with the players who did not inspire me to follow them.

I am not talking about games we win when the other team has injuries or bad play. It is about my team and how they play. One or two sloppy games in a season does not make me stop watching but if I don't see attempts to correct, I rapidly lose interest. For me it is more about doing your best against the best. Slop is for pigs.
Old 11-28-2012   #20
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Good question & one I have considered. If we had a season with some sloppy games, I would not be happy with a sloppy SB win. I do know that the feeling I had after that type of win would not be a good one. I have experienced a yucky feeling after a yucky win. I did not watch any of the games when Astros went to World Series. I had no connection with the players who did not inspire me to follow them.

I am not talking about games we win when the other team has injuries or bad play. It is about my team and how they play. One or two sloppy games in a season does not make me stop watching but if I don't see attempts to correct, I rapidly lose interest. For me it is more about doing your best against the best. Slop is for pigs.
I have a huge amount of respect for the players that go out there week after week to entertain us. Not a single one of them isn't banged up and hurting after a couple of games. Yes, they get the big payday, but they are putting heart and soul on the field each week.

How can you watch the way JJ has answered the battle call the last few weeks and not be impressed? Or how Schaub and AJ have dug in and kept battling?

I just do not get the negative attitude. Go tell JJ or AJ that slop is for pigs. This is the NFL and each and every Sunday any team can surprise you.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read