Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2012   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFF: Dropped Passes & QB Completion Percentage

ProFootballFocus posted an interesting quick look at one of their Signature Stats which you can see here: Dropped Passes per QB
Quote:
...One of the things I really hate is when people make excuses for quarterbacks by saying they had a lot of dropped passes… as if their quarterback is the only guy.

Well, fortunately, we here at Pro Football Focus track these dropped passes with the staff applying simple criteria in deciding what constitutes one: could he get his hands on it and was it catchable.

It means that right now we can tell you which quarterback has suffered from the most dropped passes in the league and how that impacts their completion percentage.

Lions Not Helping Their QB

Few would argue that Matthew Stafford is having a year as good as his 2011, but then he’s not exactly getting a lot of help with his receivers and backs...
The article leads to a statistic I always wanted to see: an ‘adjusted completion percentage’. You treat the drops as completions and you’ve got an improved completion percentage.

Here are some selected numbers:
Quote:
# Name Team ................. Att. Comp Drops Adjusted Comp. %
1 Peyton Manning DEN...... 372... 255 ... 29 ... 76.34%
2 Aaron Rodgers GB ......... 354... 238 ... 31.... 75.99%
3 Robert Griffin III WAS .... 277 ... 186 ...24 ....75.81%
4 Alex D. Smith SF ........... 217 ...152.... 12.....75.58%
5 Matt Ryan ATL ............. 397 ... 268 ...22 ... 73.05%
6 Tom Brady NE .............. 393 ... 256 ...29 ... 72.52%
7 Tony Romo DAL ............ 394 ... 265 ...20 ... 72.34%
8 Matt Schaub HST ........ 330 ... 216 ...20 ... 71.52%
9 Ben Roethlisberger PIT ... 316 ... 209 ...16 ... 71.20%
10 Philip Rivers SD ........... 340 ... 228 ...13 ... 70.88%

13 Drew Brees NO ............401 ...250 ....30 ....69.83%
14 Matthew Stafford DET ..427 ...265 ....33 ....69.79%

20 Eli Manning NYG ...........364 ...223 ....23 .....67.58%

27 Andrew Luck IND ..........412 ...235 ....30 ....64.32%

31 Cam Newton CAR .........300 ...171 ....15 ....62.00%

33 Josh Freeman TB ..........320 ...180 ....16 ....61.25%
34 Mark Sanchez NYJ ........314 ...168 ....22 ....60.51%
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: PFF: Dropped Passes & QB Completion Percentage

So, does it matter? Just looking at that list it looks like those guys would still be at the top of the completion percentage list.
Old 11-21-2012   #3
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 20768 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, if Sanchez was in the top 5 in the list then I would have to look at how I watch football completely.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayum, I missed a melt down. I swear Mr. klock was green when I last visited this post.

I kinda saw it comin' though...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read