Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Turkey Day Texans VS Lions. Lets predict ;)

Ok i said AJ would have a big day against the jags but DAMN. AJ is back to his old self for sure guys and it feels good.

OK

Texans 28

Lions 21

Foster always plays good during prime time games, so i say Foster runs for 165 yards and 2 TD. AJ gets 114 yards and 1 TD. With OD grabbing the other.

Gonna be fun stuffing my face while watching my favorite team play on thanksgiving. OF course to to health reasons i dont prefer a repeat of todays gazme.
Old 11-18-2012   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Turkey Day Texans VS Lions. Lets predict ;)

I'm still trying to shove my heart back into my chest. Don't even wanna think about Detroit until tomorrow.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #3
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm still trying to shove my heart back into my chest. Don't even wanna think about Detroit until tomorrow.
sorry trying to keep tradition going by doing these following the games.
Old 11-18-2012   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 1 Lions 0.
All I want is a win.
But mayhaps we get a shut out of some sort like 20-0
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #5
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Agreed. Savor the win today (ugly as it was, you don't get extra credit for style points in the NFL). Worry about the Lions and Suh's cheap shots tomorrow.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #6
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 1707 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like the short week after playing almost 5 full quarters and having to travel. It's going to be a tough game for the Texans but I still think they pull it out. I won't predict any score until we see if Graham is a Texans tomorrow or not.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually think we might lose this game.

ONLY BECAUSE we will be tired after the marathon game we had today.

It's a Thursday game, and it will be tough on our guys.

I do think we have the better team, but the layoff after this game will be nice.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2012   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

My Prediction?

Pain!

On three days rest there's definitely going to be pain. Hopefully we give as much as we receive.
Old 11-18-2012   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a Super Bowl team.

Walter, Martin, AJ, OD, Graham, Casey, Foster, Forsett, hell even LeStar Jean.

Teams can't stop all of us. Shut one or two guys down, one or two more show up and get it done. Unsung heroes. They don't care who steps up, somebody just will though.

We win the Lions game. Score? I don't have a clue.

After this game...I'm done predicting scores.
Old 11-18-2012   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with GP on this one. I'll predict a Texans win, but can't any more than that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This is a Super Bowl team.

Walter, Martin, AJ, OD, Graham, Casey, Foster, Forsett, hell even LeStar Jean.

Teams can't stop all of us.
In yesterdays game, Andre had 14 catches, Graham had 8, Owen had 6, Walter had 6, Casey had 3, Arian had 3, Lestar got 1, Martin had 1, Forsett had 1.....

It's like a freak'n hydra.
Old 11-19-2012   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141321 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

You never know which Lions team will show up. They've been injured this season and a bunch of backups are in there, but they can't be underestimated. They still have Megatron. I say the Texans by a TD.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #13
jahunter221
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respectedjahunter221 is a quality contributor and well respected

What worries me is that we will have to use a safety to double megatron. Could open up a lot more for lions offense.
jahunter221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #14
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahunter221 View Post
What worries me is that we will have to use a safety to double megatron. Could open up a lot more for lions offense.
jahunter221 I like Texan pass rush to negate that attack.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is what all teams do; how often depending on each team.

We've been doing this against several number one receivers.

At the worst, Megatron can have a big day; but I think our overall strength will pull us through.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I would run the heck out of Ben Tate. Dude should be fresh, so let him loose.
Old 11-19-2012   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Lions play every Thanksgiving each year. Guess what year was the last time they won their Thanksgiving Day home game?

2003, against the Packers 22-14.

I think the idea that the Texans are the only team that has to deal with the short week is a bit biased. Clearly even a good Lions team like the 2011 squad, couldn't do well enough to even make the game competitive against the Packers last year. At the start of the 4th quarter, they were down 24-0, but managed a garbage time TD to make it a 27-15 loss.

I think the Lions will continue to be the Lions and will lose this game to us. Texans take it 34 - 20
Old 11-19-2012   #18
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly. Can't sleep on Titus Young. He's been gaming for a while now as well as RB Mikel Leshoure. Detroit have some weapons other than Megatron who even when playing injured is a beast. Maybe we can get the coaches fighting on the sideline again and let them have their own in house distraction. Not that we'll need it.

The fact we're coming off such a short week worries me a little bit.

All said though if the Texans go to their house and play Texans Football we should come out 10 &1.

GO TEXANS!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not feeling good about this game. The Texans will be tired and emotionally drained after the Jags. game. I just hope we can come out of this game injury free, especially with Suh's history. Texans - 17 Lions - 27.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Exactly. Can't sleep on Titus Young. He's been gaming for a while now as well as RB Mikel Leshoure. Detroit have some weapons other than Megatron who even when playing injured is a beast. Maybe we can get the coaches fighting on the sideline again and let them have their own in house distraction. Not that we'll need it.

The fact we're coming off such a short week worries me a little bit.

All said though if the Texans go to their house and play Texans Football we should come out 10 &1.

GO TEXANS!
Dude's apparently a punk

Quote:
Lions coach Jim Schwartz announced Monday that Young would be inactive for Thursday's game because he put himself above the team during Sunday's loss to the Packers.
Quote:
Young was benched for the team's final three plays against the Packers, causing a sideline argument between the team's wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson and offensive coordinator Scott Linehan.
Quote:
Young was sent home from the facility on Monday. Schwartz says Young's behavior will determine when he returns to the team
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read