Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-16-2012   #1
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What time do you guys start in the morning.

So needless to say ive been pretty damn broke but I am excited, this Sunday I am going to my first game, so my question is, what time should I leave my house (tomball) in order to get parked, and get to bbq and drink and whatnot before the game without feeling rushed. How much traffic is there to get into each lot (blue lot I think, friend has the tickets). Any help would be appreciated.

I umm, am planning on bbqing my brisket/ribs or whatever I end up making tomorrow and just sorta putting the finishing touches on em on Sunday.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012   #2
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What time do you guys start in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
So needless to say ive been pretty damn broke but I am excited, this Sunday I am going to my first game, so my question is, what time should I leave my house (tomball) in order to get parked, and get to bbq and drink and whatnot before the game without feeling rushed. How much traffic is there to get into each lot (blue lot I think, friend has the tickets). Any help would be appreciated.

I umm, am planning on bbqing my brisket/ribs or whatever I end up making tomorrow and just sorta putting the finishing touches on em on Sunday.
Blue lot opens at 8 am. If I were you I would time your arrival for 8:30 am. You will miss the log jam of people lining up for first in the lot, but still be early enough for the full experience. Leave home at 7:45? Not sure of travel time from Tomball.
Old 11-16-2012   #3
Kthx
All Pro

Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds good, probably around.. 30-40 minutes or so without traffic. Thanks.
Old 11-16-2012   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthx View Post
Sounds good, probably around.. 30-40 minutes or so without traffic. Thanks.
GHF knows what she says. She's a Blue Crew Veteran!!

I hope you all have a great time. Be safe!
Old 11-17-2012   #5
Kthx
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
GHF knows what she says. She's a Blue Crew Veteran!!

I hope you all have a great time. Be safe!
Yeah I will, no sliding down the escalators and whatnot! Really excited.
Old 11-17-2012   #6
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Section: Sec. 132 row j
Rep Power: 0 Mimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVP

I live at right off the belt near 249 and leave around 7:15 and get there right on time for gates opening up
Mimayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read