Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

The Night Game, Part III

Quote:
An extremely opportunistic defense has helped the Chicago Bears take advantage of a favorable first-half schedule and build plenty of confidence for what is expected to be a more grueling second half.

A balanced offense and strong defense are two major reasons why the Houston Texans have the best record in the AFC.

Two of the NFL's top teams meet Sunday night at Soldier Field when the Texans try to prevent the Bears from winning seven straight games for the first time in six years.

This contest is expected to be a good test for both 7-1 teams that hope to make it to New Orleans come February. Each team's only loss came to the surging Green Bay Packers, and the Bears are 4-0 at home while Houston is 3-0 on the road.

"Each game as you continue to win, the stakes go up a little bit higher," Bears coach Lovie Smith. "We realize that and we're going to embrace it. We're going to embrace this national stage that we have this Sunday night."

Only one of Chicago's victories has come against a team with a winning record heading into Week 10, and Sunday begins a stretch where it plays seven of its final eight against opponents at .500 or better. Looking to win seven in a row for the first time since opening 7-0 in 2006, the Bears welcome the challenge.

"I don't want the guys to start thinking, 'Hey, let's hold on, something bad's going to happen,''' Smith said. "We're a good football team. We're excited about playing the Texans. I see our team getting better and better. We haven't peaked yet.''

It's hard to believe the Bears can get better defensively.

They are second in the NFL in scoring defense at 15.0 points per game, tied for third with 25 sacks and lead the league with 28 forced turnovers. Charles Tillman forced four fumbles and Brian Urlacher returned an interception 46 yards for Chicago's seventh defensive touchdown in last Sunday's 51-20 rout at Tennessee.

"(The Bears) are very well-built in what they do and they've been together for a long time,'' Houston coach Gary Kubiak said. "What they're doing speaks for itself. We have a serious task ahead of us.''

MORE PICKS: http://challengegames.nfl.com/pickem...me-day-morning

Quote:
What I want to see:

Screens and more screens

It's time. It's time to break these out. Foster hasn't been featured much in the screen game. Time for that to change.

Attack the Bears interior line

They have some of the weaker guards in the league. It's time to further exploit this portion of their line.

Keep feeding Andre

8, 9 and 8. That's Dre's catch total the last few weeks. That right there...keep doing it. Tillman, Revis or whoever; keep going to your workhorse.

Frustrate Mr. Cutler

Letting him get hot is not up for discussion. Blitzing him, getting in his face with just 4 rushers, and batting some balls down could play a key role in doing this.

Ahh, yes...the night game again, folks. Time to show this country what's up this time. The goals don't change, however. 1-0 each week is first and foremost. Let's walk into Soldier Field 7-1, leave 8-1, and make sure the loud sound the rest of the country heard were the Texan fans going nuts after a big time W! LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!!
Old 11-10-2012   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

Love ya Shark!!!
Old 11-11-2012   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears. 7:20. 11/11. **Official GameDay Thread**

I think (hope) the Texans will win big!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #4
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116586 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

38-17 Texans
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm expecting the worst, which is not terrible (7-2), and hoping for the best.
Old 11-11-2012   #6
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
38-17 Texans
Dude, you're way more optimistic than I am.

I'm thinking 27-14, with the Texans leading 13-7 at the half.
Old 11-11-2012   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

SO is KW OD and Ben tate playing if not we are in trouble
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2012   #8
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

If we win the turnover battle, we win this game. Oh, and we don't kick the ball anywhere close to Hester.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
If we win the turnover battle, we win this game. Oh, and we don't kick the ball anywhere close to Hester.
In 08 when we last beat them, Hester returned one punt for zero yard. DMan returned 6 kick-offs for 167 yards but he's with us now.

But yeah, I hope we kick away from Hester as much as possible.
Old 11-11-2012   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict our D rattles them, Jjo and Kjax both get a pick. 24-14 Texans.
Old 11-11-2012   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife washed and left my Andre Johnson jersey in the washing machine. She knows in order for the Texans to win I gotta have on my jersey all day. She, being a Bears fan tried to sabotage us today. However, in the end, I put on this wet, wet, cold jersey and will now go grocery shopping in it.

I showed her.

GO TEXANS!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116586 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
My wife washed and left my Andre Johnson jersey in the washing machine. She knows in order for the Texans to win I gotta have on my jersey all day. She, being a Bears fan tried to sabotage us today. However, in the end, I put on this wet, wet, cold jersey and will now go grocery shopping in it.

I showed her.

GO TEXANS!
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #13
Brewski
Rookie

Rep Power: 383 Brewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrewski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My wife washed and left my Andre Johnson jersey in the washing machine. She knows in order for the Texans to win I gotta have on my jersey all day. She, being a Bears fan tried to sabotage us today. However, in the end, I put on this wet, wet, cold jersey and will now go grocery shopping in it. y to man up and take one for the team

I showed her.

GO TEXANS!
Way to man up and take one for the team
Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #14
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I showed her.

GO TEXANS!
You, sir, are a true American hero.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #15
X-Factor
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 X-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respectedX-Factor is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Texans fans. Bears fan here.

Just thought I'd throw out my thoughts prior to the game.

-- First off, the time Schaub is likely going to have scares me. The Bears are going to play to stop Foster (i.e., Contain on the edges, blitz rarely) most likely, and Schaub is more than accurate enough when he's got time.

-- Daniels and Cody being out are going to hurt...possibly Daniels more so than Cody.

-- Alshon Jeffery is still out for the Bears, too. He can play. Cutler will probably target Marshall 1408929 times tonight.

-- Houston scares me. A lot. I think the Bears have the better defense, but it's close. I think Houston has the better offense, clearly. The game being in chicago may come in to play. Weather is supposed to be nasty.

-- Here's to good health for everyone tonight. Everyone party hard, be safe, and enjoy football.

I've always liked the Texans fan base. You guys stay classy.
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Hey Texans fans. Bears fan here.

Just thought I'd throw out my thoughts prior to the game.

-- First off, the time Schaub is likely going to have scares me. The Bears are going to play to stop Foster (i.e., Contain on the edges, blitz rarely) most likely, and Schaub is more than accurate enough when he's got time.

-- Daniels and Cody being out are going to hurt...possibly Daniels more so than Cody.

-- Alshon Jeffery is still out for the Bears, too. He can play. Cutler will probably target Marshall 1408929 times tonight.

-- Houston scares me. A lot. I think the Bears have the better defense, but it's close. I think Houston has the better offense, clearly. The game being in chicago may come in to play. Weather is supposed to be nasty.

-- Here's to good health for everyone tonight. Everyone party hard, be safe, and enjoy football.

I've always liked the Texans fan base. You guys stay classy.
Thanks for dropping by.

I think both our defenses are top notch, so it's going to come down to our offense and your special teams. Honestly, this game is just to close to call. I hope no one in injured in the bad weather.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Danieal Manning have a big game facing his former team??

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 11-11-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Sloppy field. BALL CONTROL.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Does Danieal Manning have a big game facing his former team??

Old 11-11-2012   #20
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Isn't the Ref Steratore the one that screws us on a regular basis?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read