Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2012   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans special teams: What is fixable, not fixable

This is my attempt of saying where the Texans special teams are now, and what can be fixed this season and what can't be fixed.

Texans special teams: What is fixable, not fixable

I think most fans know that it is underperforming.

Some don't know the extent.

And some people want to know the reasons.

I discuss a bunch of stuff to put it all out there. My current thinking. Learned stuff when I put it together which is usually part of a good post.

Contains both good news and bad news.
Old 10-29-2012   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans special teams: What is fixable, not fixable

I appreciate your articles TC. I do have to wonder though...are you an alien that reads minds? You always express pretty much exactly what I am thinking. Get out of my head!
Old 10-29-2012   #3
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I appreciate your articles TC. I do have to wonder though...are you an alien that reads minds? You always express pretty much exactly what I am thinking. Get out of my head!
Well, I try to put together a non-alarmist, non-pot stirring, common sense posts supported by evidence. So agreeing with them tends to mean that you aren't into hyperbole and extremist thought.

Either that, or you took your tin foil hat thingy off, and I'm shooting mind microwaves in your general direction.
Old 10-29-2012   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Since God'ell did away with the 3 man wedge the return teams have stunk.

Good article, although the ST's cant be fixed this yr. IMHO (Coach Joe must Go)

31st ranking = terrible
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Since God'ell did away with the 3 man wedge the return teams have stunk.

Good article, although the ST's cant be fixed this yr. IMHO (Coach Joe must Go)

31st ranking = terrible
I don't mind getting ride of the wedge though. Way too many injuries. I think bad returns has more to do with kicking from the 35 and return men trying to take it back from 7 yards deep.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Coach Joe. He's been a great presence for this franchise over the years. But there needs to be a new direction for special teams. I hope the Texans can hoist the Lombardi this year and Coach Joe goes out a champion. But, this should be his last season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read