Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #1
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OUCH! Well, ok so we move on....

I am sure the sky will be falling in the city of Houston tomorrow...

Texans got their collective arse handed to them. Mental mistakes and Rodgers is the type of QB to capitalize on them and he did just that...

Hey, take that ass whoopin, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, tip your hat and move on to a busted up Ravens team and try to go into the off week 6-1...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #2
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OUCH! Well, ok so we move on....

I'm not to worried about "this loss." It was the Packers and Rodgers was due for a huge game. Sometimes losses like these can really whip a team into shape. We all knew the Texans wouldn't go 16-0, so I'd rather see us losing to a team that I'd expect us to have a problem with. This is a wake up call that we obviously needed.

Now if we lose to the Ravens pretty badly, then I'll be very worried.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #3
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

lol.

thats like saying i know my wife got gangbanged by 5 dudes yesterday night OUch, ok so we move on.

yeah and it feels just like that.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
lol.

thats like saying i know my wife got gangbanged by 5 dudes yesterday night OUch, ok so we move on.

yeah and it feels just like that.
Um nooooo it's not nothing like that....not even close...

Dude, seek some freaking help.....Comparing a football game to gang rape?

Congrats you are the winner for the 3 facepalm award dumbest comment of the day award...

Old 10-14-2012   #5
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

One loss.

Agreed though that if the Ravens do the same thing to us then I'll be worried. If it's a close competitive game though (like I expected this one to be....) then meh, anything can happen in those games.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #6
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
One loss.

Agreed though that if the Ravens do the same thing to us then I'll be worried. If it's a close competitive game though (like I expected this one to be....) then meh, anything can happen in those games.
Dear Lord,

Please, for the love of all that is Holy and pure, do NOT allow Jacoby Jones run back a kick return of 108 yards, or any return for that matter. I will not be able to turn on SportsRadio for weeks if this happens and my commute to and from work will not be fun anymore...

Amen...

Old 10-15-2012   #7
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2136 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Um nooooo it's not nothing like that....not even close...

Dude, seek some freaking help.....Comparing a football game to gang rape?

Congrats you are the winner for the 3 facepalm award dumbest comment of the day award...

One for you for jumping to the conclusion that it wasn't completely consensual.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2012   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANSTALK MELTDOWN!!111!!

For those of you that were thinking 16-0, I hear they're having a sale on aspirin at CVS. We can still be 6-1 at the bye week, which is a hell of a lot better than most of the predictions before the season started.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #9
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post

One for you for jumping to the conclusion that it wasn't completely consensual.
You must be his wife...

Comparing a football game to a gangbang or a gang rape, consensual or not, is StILL f'ing stupid...

Those are for you trying to find logic in his stupid comment...Congrats

Old 10-14-2012   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a blowout loss. Every facet of our game was off today and compounded by mental mistakes. Shouldn't be too hard for the coaching staff to take apart the game film and start fixing the mistakes for Baltimore and the rest of the season. I'm not worried at this point, but it should serve as a wake up call to the whole organization. The overreaction is coming, but this is part of the deal of being a good team.
Old 10-14-2012   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i agree im not really that mad it was a NFC team we just correct some problems and get back to work
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

yep its just one bad, painful loss. however there are a number of things to be worried about going forward:

-run game has been middling all yr. quantity has covered for the actual lack of productivity
-andre... we all see it and try to ignore it but he's looking very average so far this year
-loss of cush... magnified in this game but will prob be an issue all yr
-front 7 not named watt
-most aspects of ST's

i expect 2/3 of those to improve as the yr goes on
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
yep its just one bad, painful loss. however there are a number of things to be worried about going forward:

-run game has been middling all yr. quantity has covered for the actual lack of productivity
-andre... we all see it and try to ignore it but he's looking very average so far this year
-loss of cush... magnified in this game but will prob be an issue all yr
-front 7 not named watt
-most aspects of ST's

i expect 2/3 of those to improve as the yr goes on
Is it me, or is Andre staring to look 32? Maybe the Texans shouldn't be looking for a #2 WR in the draft rather a #1 and move AJ to #2...

Old 10-15-2012   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm not to worried about "this loss." It was the Packers and Rodgers was due for a huge game. Sometimes losses like these can really whip a team into shape. We all knew the Texans wouldn't go 16-0, so I'd rather see us losing to a team that I'd expect us to have a problem with. This is a wake up call that we obviously needed.

Now if we lose to the Ravens pretty badly, then I'll be very worried.
I think you've summed it up well Tex.

rep

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Every once in a while someone comes along and just beats the living crap out of New England. Ever notice that? Usually it happens at the beginning of the year (one year when the Bills did it comes to mind in particular). Even good teams have bad days from time to time. We're just all accustomed to the other shoe dropping and so we assume this is the Texans reverting to form instead of the Texans stumbling over a bump in the road.

Whether you think this is a single misstep that will be righted or the emergence of the Texans true nature and beginning of the end one thing can't be avoided. we have to move on.The Texans vs Baltimore prediction thread can't get here soon enough if you ask me.
Old 10-15-2012   #16
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Every once in a while someone comes along and just beats the living crap out of New England. Ever notice that? Usually it happens at the beginning of the year (one year when the Bills did it comes to mind in particular). Even good teams have bad days from time to time. We're just all accustomed to the other shoe dropping and so we assume this is the Texans reverting to form instead of the Texans stumbling over a bump in the road.

Whether you think this is a single misstep that will be righted or the emergence of the Texans true nature and beginning of the end one thing can't be avoided. we have to move on.The Texans vs Baltimore prediction thread can't get here soon enough if you ask me.
Agreed on all points.

I just think it'll be tough to get this taste out of our mouths until they pick up another W.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #17
Rudyball
Rookie

I think it is not so much we were dominated in this game, but that were dominated last week in the run and pass game, too. That is what has me concerned next week with Baltimore. We are showing weakness in those two areas and the good teams generally are strong there.

Last season was our best chance to go to the SB apparently when we had more veteran starters performing at peak levels. 6 left and the 6 replacements are not performing at those same levels, and it is showing up. Can all 6 get up to speed this year plus cushing's replacement? So far no. Kubiak is having to platoon the right side of the OL and it isn't producing the results we need. The DL isn't performing at the same level as last year, and the secondary is cracking here lately.

Looking forward to the rest of the year, and hoping we can pull it together.
Rudyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Agreed on all points.

I just think it'll be tough to get this taste out of our mouths until they pick up another W.

Quickest way to do that is to stomp the guts out of a wounded Baltimore team. If we win Sunday I'm not going to even think about waving it in the faces of Ravens fans. We will have beaten a very depleted Ravens team and anyone who doesn't understand that is a fool. Beating them with Suggs, Lewis, Webb, and Ngata is entirely different from beating them without those guys (should Ngata not play or be far below 100%).

We need the win though so I don't think we should apologize for it. You play the cards your dealt and we had losses last year that came almost certainly as a result of Schaub being lost for the year. Had we picked up a couple more wins along the way we'd have most likely hosted them in the second round and who knows what could have happened.

Luck factors into it as much as anything else.

We're lucky they didn't lose Sunday because the Ravens almost never lose two in a row these days. We're lucky that they're banged up. We're lucky that we are no worse than we are and we're lucky that we've got a bye week coming up after this game. The timing couldn't be better for the Texans to win their first ever game against the Ravens and then getting some rest and regrouping.

A good ass-beating can wake up a complacent team that's been reading it's own press and believing it. As long as we don't fall into a rut and rip off 3-4 lousy games in a row this is survivable.
Old 10-14-2012   #19
mdhug2
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 mdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famermdhug2 is a Hall of Famer

Everybody's acting like Green Bay are the Browns.
Sure we made our mistakes; poor coverage, letting up big plays, bonehead penalties and a stuttering offence but we're still 5-1.
The Green Bay Packers are still a formidable force in the NFL today, it's not a huge upset like Minnesota v SF.

There's far too much negativity on this thread post-game, I log in and the top thread is "Fire Gary Kubiak". Yes, I get it, we're all upset about how today panned out - no doubt, but I think a lot of posters here need to remember this is football and losing to the Packers at home, whilst demoralising, is not as bad as a number of you are making it out to be.

Bring on the Ravens

1st post
mdhug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #20
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

it's not the loss i'm worried about but the way we lost.

just something to have in the back of my mind heading into the playoffs. luckily the afc isn't very good so they can still easily make it to the afc championship game.

but all of that is too early right now. gotta stay healthy.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read