Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2012   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

If they don't blitz or J.J. doesn't get pressure then pressure is really non existent. We have been getting away with it because we have faced the likes of Gabbert/Tannehill/locker/Sanchez. If this team is gonna make any noise in the playoffs, Barwin/Reed/A. Smith are going to have to step it up. Simple as that.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80155 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Besides Watt, D-line simply just not getting done this year

I think we can pretty much count on Barwin doing absolutely nothing all year. I trust Wade to figure something out.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #3
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd try Mercilus and Braman at this point .
Old 10-14-2012   #4
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting no pressure from the Edges.. JJ watt has to do everything.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #5
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

It's pathetic to watch. No pass rush at all.
Old 10-14-2012   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, what in the hell is Mercilous going to do?? I mean, is that guy even up to snuff to play like a real NFL player? That's a serious question, because I haven't seen or heard his name at all this season hardly. Is he really that bad at practice that our coaching staff won't even give him opportunities to make plays? Hell this is a #1 draft pick. Normally these guys are starters or at least playing half the time.

You guys may not like what you're seeing from Barwin, but Mercilous obviously isn't doing anything to give the coaches any confidence.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well, what in the hell is Mercilous going to do?? I mean, is that guy even up to snuff to play like a real NFL player? That's a serious question, because I haven't seen or heard his name at all this season hardly. Is he really that bad at practice that our coaching staff won't even give him opportunities to make plays? Hell this is a #1 draft pick. Normally these guys are starters or at least playing half the time.

You guys may not like what you're seeing from Barwin, but Mercilous obviously isn't doing anything to give the coaches any confidence.
Barwin , Mercilus , and Braman have the same number of sacks .
Old 10-14-2012   #8
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio Smith had an ankle injury and was probable.
Old 10-14-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

When we made the merciless pick A thought actually popped into my head that it was a panic move.

Like they were expecting someone else to be there but when they weren't they panicked and picked merciless.

I've been against that pick since it was first announced and I could never understand it. He had good numbers in college, but I when I watched the film he had 0 burst, was not aggressive. Didn't play with a lot of passion. He does have a decent motor, but to me that's his best attribute.

The few times I've seen merci in the game he's looked worse than he did in college.

I honestly expected more out of barwin. But after watching him this season I'm honestly ready to see Braman.

I'm pleased with reed. He has played his position well. He is the solb and he sees a lot of runs at him.

Barwin is the wolb and is supposed to be your sack guy. He looks rather regular.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #10
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin needs to stop focusing on being a hipster ********* and blogging for the Houston Press and focus on actually showing up for games again.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #11
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Barwin needs to stop focusing on being a hipster ********* and blogging for the Houston Press and focus on actually showing up for games again.
LOL truuuuuuuuuu
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin is trash....dude hasnt been a factor all season
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #13
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Would very much like to see Brahman get into the mix.
The kid really brings the hat.
Intensity is what we need badly right now.
Would be nice to have somebody other than JJ come to play some football.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Would very much like to see Brahman get into the mix.
The kid really brings the hat.
Intensity is what we need badly right now.
Would be nice to have somebody other than JJ come to play some football.
Good call LYB.

He just answered your request.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #15
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade is going to have to do something.

Cushing would rush some too though.

Really this is the only game our pass rush has looked bad and frankly I think Wade called a scared game today.

Also Barwin sucks.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #16
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2094 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin actually looked better then he has all season at least twice he should of had a sack but couldn't finish that happens. Antonio hasn't done a damn thing been disappointing so far this yr. Reed has got pressure got some sacks and besides that he doesn't always rush we use him to cover Te's or Rb's. Mercilus hell he doesn't even see the field.
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #17
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Barwin actually looked better then he has all season at least twice he should of had a sack but couldn't finish that happens. Antonio hasn't done a damn thing been disappointing so far this yr. Reed has got pressure got some sacks and besides that he doesn't always rush we use him to cover Te's or Rb's. Mercilus hell he doesn't even see the field.
Whatever good Barwin did today was negated by his silly pointless jump that took away a defensive stop. Instead Manning had to show that he could make a more boneheaded play and the Packers ended with 7.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #18
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2094 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Whatever good Barwin did today was negated by his silly pointless jump that took away a defensive stop. Instead Manning had to show that he could make a more boneheaded play and the Packers ended with 7.
Agree
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Looking at the replay. I think manning,was more like "tapping" out and not punching but was a trying to say that the guy needs to get up fast, his leg was pinned awkwardly.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #20
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Looking at the replay. I think manning,was more like "tapping" out and not punching but was a trying to say that the guy needs to get up fast, his leg was pinned awkwardly.
I agree, except you don't tap out with a clinched fist...

He'll get a fine for that...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read