Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2012   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Put together a trade scenario game

OK. We know what the big news of the day is and I hate it but lets play GM. Do you see a team that has a need for draft picks (or maybe this is the time that you deal tate?)

For example: So you have a team like KC (in need of some fairly major parts to be added through the draft) and you have a stellar player on their roster who is aging (30 years old) is there any chance that if the worst comes to pass that we float the idea of a 2nd (or a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year) or something and try to get that guy from them? A first? A first in 2014? Tate plus a 2nd?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Put together a trade scenario game

I think a big problem would be getting a veteran like that to fit in our cap at this point.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #3
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I think a big problem would be getting a veteran like that to fit in our cap at this point.
Yeah, that will be a problem but I'm sure there's a way to make it work somehow.

I wouldn't normally suggest it but I keep thinking about Tate. We know he's gone in two years. Even if you want to trade what you think the value for Tate would be at the end of the season (a Second?) and try to help a team in need of draft picks or a team like GB/Seattle that has a young player behind a LB that you like... and then move tate at the end of the year to reclaim recoup your draft pick...Just thinking about it. We have done a great job of acquiring quality depth at several positions and it seems like we might be able to cash one of those chips in. If this were just another starter I would say roll with it but this is one of the guys that makes it all go.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Yeah, that will be a problem but I'm sure there's a way to make it work somehow.

I wouldn't normally suggest it but I keep thinking about Tate. We know he's gone in two years. Even if you want to trade what you think the value for Tate would be at the end of the season (a Second?) and try to help a team in need of draft picks or a team like GB/Seattle that has a young player behind a LB that you like... and then move tate at the end of the year to reclaim recoup your draft pick...Just thinking about it. We have done a great job of acquiring quality depth at several positions and it seems like we might be able to cash one of those chips in. If this were just another starter I would say roll with it but this is one of the guys that makes it all go.

Mike
We got a starting LB in James for nothing, shouldn't take much to get one to play next to him.
Old 10-09-2012   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We got a starting LB in James for nothing, shouldn't take much to get one to play next to him.
I guess "you get what you pay for" is true after all.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe we can trade some picks to Philly for Demeco.
Old 10-09-2012   #7
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I guess "you get what you pay for" is true after all.
Not necessarily. We pay JJ Watt a tad over $800K this year. I would tend to think he deserves a few bucks more...
Old 10-10-2012   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

The last player I want to see out there is merciless.
Old 10-10-2012   #9
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
The last player I want to see out there is merciless.
He'll be ready when the time comes. Keep in mind he was only a one year starter at Illinois. He has the skill set that we need right now with Cushing out until next season. The best time to make a change would be during the bye week. Kubiak says Dobbins will start versus the Packers. I think we can beat the Packers and Ravens, get to 7-0 going into the bye week.

The offense has to step up and score Touchdowns in the red zone. Obviously there isn't any panic or reason to make a change if the Texans keep winning so you will probably get your wish and not see him out there anytime soon. But he's going to be a beast at some point. I love the kid a lot, as I'm sure Wade Phillips and the Texans do as well. He wouldn't be here if they didn't gamble on what he did last year.
Old 10-10-2012   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Sean Lee is by far the best option to fill in, but the Cowboys love him and would want at least two firsts for him. He's still on his rookie deal and would easily fit into the cap. I dont think there is any way for us to get him.

There aren't too many options that will be better than what we have. I don't think we will make a trade, but it sure would be nice to bring in someone.
Old 10-10-2012   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm anxious to see Dobbins in for an entire game.

I hate losing Cush so bad, but it is what it is.

I think Dobbins is solid, I don't think we will see a whole lot of explosive plays like Cush could potentially make, but this D has a lot of talent. Solid could be good enough.

I haven't targeted Dobbins when he has played, but I don't recall hearing him getting burned too bad in the snaps he's been in.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read