Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2012   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview

Texans vs Jets Video Preview

Good morning Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview

Interesting whiteboard talk on defensing the Texans ZBS. We've seen defense this year try to force run to the outside, and I would be surprised if the Jets didn't try to do the same. But....

All anyone will want to talk about is giving check marks at QB to bot the Texans and the Jets. No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?
Old 10-05-2012   #3
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Interesting whiteboard talk on defensing the Texans ZBS. We've seen defense this year try to force run to the outside, and I would be surprised if the Jets didn't try to do the same. But....

All anyone will want to talk about is giving check marks at QB to bot the Texans and the Jets. No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?
Clearly Jets fans think he's on that level too. Oh wait.....

QBs they would take over Sanchez.

I'm going to keep it nice this week and just say everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #4
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?
Tebow's connection to God versus Schaub's ability to throw a ball in the general direction of his own player. It's a wash.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #5
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:

Dirty Sanchez = Matt Schaub? Is that what he is saying? No, I'm not I didn't watch it. I'm not going to give him the web hit.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
. I'm not going to give him the web hit.
Me either .... and outside of the comic factor ... I dunno why anyone would (well , maybe just to be nice but I aint often accused of that).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #7
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

I give up watching this guys videos... Each week he says something dumber then the last week..

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there. Their secondary is as good as ours? They lost their top 2 CB and we still have ours in Joseph.

I'm surprised he didn't give them the advantage at WR because Stephen Hill has more potential then Andre Johnson
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2012   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I give up watching this guys videos... Each week he says something dumber then the last week..

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there. Their secondary is as good as ours? They lost their top 2 CB and we still have ours in Joseph.

I'm surprised he didn't give them the advantage at WR because Stephen Hill has more potential then Andre Johnson
Yeah, I've stopped watching already. And after this, I'll stop clicking on his thread. Matter of fact, think I'm gonna put him on ignore.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Em thanks for video.

I disagree with our QB and other positions` evaluation. I couldn't agree on RB position for last couple weeks and now QB and other D positions. Perhaps, Jets' QBs may have potential to be good in their indefinite NFL future. But, when you pick an effectiveness as QB for each team, I pick Matt over those two any day. Matt fits great in our scheme. He is accurate, his play action is so good that sometime fool TV camera guys not to mention opponent's D. He may not have a strongest arm but strong enough to throw long if necessary. I thought Sanchez would grow to be a good NFL QB after seen his rookie yr performance. But since his rookie yr, I don't think he hasn't developed as expected. Tebow is Tebow. He is good Uni QB but a big question mark as NFL QB to me. So yeah, I take Matt over these two any day.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there.
No kidding..

Rex Ryan would cut off his wife's feet if he could have Matt Schaub over Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Anybody who thinks that position is a push has no credibility regardless of how much football they may or may not have played.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #11
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

“Sooner or later you are going to realize, just as I did, that there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.”
Old 10-05-2012   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

His shout out in the end thanking both Jets & Texans message boards for their support. That was pretty cool

Good breakdown on whiteboard. Donnie Jones as key to Texans success by pinning Jets deep, forcing them to drive length of field for scores a little different. Usually reserved for tight, evenly matched teams. The key to me is keeping Schaub clean, Texans improving their running game (yards per carry) & Texans defense forcing more takeaways

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me guess...Shonn Green has more talent than Arian Foster?
Old 10-05-2012   #14
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Let me guess...Shonn Green has more talent than Arian Foster?
no he is just saying that for the Jets to have any chance Shonn Green must have a break-out game.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post

“Sooner or later you are going to realize, just as I did, that there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.”
Aaaah... a properly employed Matrix reference...

Repped
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we know where he gets his name, he gets in a hole and just keeps on digging... No wonder this guy is on Youtube.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read