Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2012   #1
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Wade phliips holding back?

Our defense has been great this year but I get the feeling wade hasn't shown all his cards. Am i the only one that feels this way?
PandapuffTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Wade phliips holding back?

Don't think he's gone to the lucky bikini underwear, yet.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #3
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 337 PandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedPandapuffTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

whats that suppose to mean lol
Old 10-04-2012   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we've held back what we can do both offensively and defensively. Waiting for the competitive stretch in the schedule to open things up more. No point in giving the real teams more film than we need to.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #5
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I think we've held back what we can do both offensively and defensively. Waiting for the competitive stretch in the schedule to open things up more. No point in giving the real teams more film than we need to.
I hope your right Ray lewis scares me lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3j-m...eature=related
Old 10-04-2012   #6
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandapuffTexan View Post
I hope your right Ray lewis scares me lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3j-m...eature=related
i saw ogbanaya blow up ray lewis in the raven-browns game.. ray has cemented a hell of a legacy but hes not the same guy in that video laying out steve mcnair and eddie george..

you remember ogbanaya.. our 4th rb last year..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKyWaJaXlUE
Old 10-04-2012   #7
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i saw ogbanaya blow up ray lewis in the raven-browns game.. ray has cemented a hell of a legacy but hes not the same guy in that video laying out steve mcnair and eddie george..

you remember ogbanaya.. our 4th rb last year..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKyWaJaXlUE
I agree he is getting up there in age, just they have dominated us just like the colts and would like to see the texans finally beat baltimore
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2012   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
This.

The one game where we have done things a little different was the Broncos game, games get tougher we play a bit more expansively.

Kubiak is king of just enough.

Wait till Packers and Ravens, that will be interesting to see what we have.
Old 10-05-2012   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Don't think he's gone to the lucky bikini underwear, yet.
Damn, that's an image in my head I didn't need. Hopefully Wade's holding back some formations for the Ravens and Packers.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #10
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

GQ was on the radio this week and said something along the lines of Wade has complex stuff in the game plan if he needs it, he just hasn't needed it.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 10-04-2012   #11
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
GQ was on the radio this week and said something along the lines of Wade has complex stuff in the game plan if he needs it, he just hasn't needed it.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Thats what i thought. i also thoguht wade would move jj watt to a postion that gives him more opturtinys to get at the qb.
Old 10-04-2012   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats what i thought. i also thoguht wade would move jj watt to a postion that gives him more opturtinys to get at the qb.
JJ Watt only needs one position to get to the QB, and that is the on-the-field position.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Mercilus should play more.
Old 10-08-2012   #14
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Mercilus should play more.
He needs to come along slowly. Give him time to adjust to the speed of the game, the matchups, playbook etc. Think about how the Steelers and Giants do it: they allow young players with high potential to ease into their roles without overwhelming them. JPP was slowly eased into the lineup and look at him today. Same with Timmons.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #15
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
JJ Watt only needs one position to get to the QB, and that is the on-the-field position.
texans are a 3-4 system, where his postion isnt suppose to make plays that what makes watt a dam good player. Was just thinking if we moved him he would shine even more
Old 10-04-2012   #16
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
texans are a 3-4 system, where his postion isnt suppose to make plays that what makes watt a dam good player. Was just thinking if we moved him he would shine even more
I like him where he is at just fine.
Old 10-04-2012   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our defense has been great this year but I get the feeling wade hasn't shown all his cards. Am i the only one that feels this way?
wouldn't it be kinda dumb to show all your cards when your avg margin of victory is around 20 points?

This is almost the perpetual motion question...it answers itself if you let it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I think the coaching staff has made a strategic decision to stay in their base packages for the most part, until a team starts to beat it.

And I believe that is true for offense, for the most part, as well as defense.

The only exception offensively was when they started the game against the jags with several screen plays in a row. I thought it worked well, but it seemed strange to me at the time.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #19
PandapuffTexan
Veteran

Is the coaches holding back arian foster somewhat, hes still really good but hast had the same kinda dominance he had last year. Is it due to his vegan switch or we havnt let go of the leash yet.
Old 10-04-2012   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is the coaches holding back arian foster somewhat, hes still really good but hast had the same kinda dominance he had last year. Is it due to his vegan switch or we havnt let go of the leash yet.
Nobody's telling individual players not to play well. Something isn't right with the O-Line, and it's not just the right side, either. Something is....not bad, but just not as effective as before. Wasn't there a rule change of some kind effecting the backside blocks?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read