Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74525

It's already at 5 pages. Man, it's good to be a Texans' fan.

Here's my favorite line from the thread:
Quote:
I expected a s**t show against the 9ers, and it happened. I'm expecting a diarrhea-show against the Texans.
Old 10-01-2012   #2
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Wow, how far have we come?

Man, I still remember that 2 win season...
Old 10-01-2012   #3
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post

i remember it like it was yesterday as well... went to my first texans game during that year. thank god we won.... but damn does it feel good to be a gangsta now hahahaha
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #4
jred76
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Game (I Agree With Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
i remember it like it was yesterday as well... went to my first texans game during that year. thank god we won.... but damn does it feel good to be a gangsta now hahahaha
Me too. My first one was the Ryan Fitzpatrick game vs the Rams... What a kick in the stomach that one was...
jred76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post

I'm trying to FORGET that season...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #6
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74525

It's already at 5 pages. Man, it's good to be a Texans' fan.

Here's my favorite line from the thread:
I usually don't understand why people like to check out other team's forums, but in this case, I thank you for the link.
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokalus View Post
I usually don't understand why people like to check out other team's forums, but in this case, I thank you for the link.
Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.
Old 10-02-2012   #8
TackHammer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respectedTackHammer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.
Yep! I love going to the opponents board and seeing how they view the Texans.
This year in particular........because it's mainly fear and trepidation instead of joy and the thoughts of an easy win.

I'm not gonna lie. I love to see our opponents fans shaking in their boots for a change.
TackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 31960 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackHammer View Post
Yep! I love going to the opponents board and seeing how they view the Texans.
This year in particular........because it's mainly fear and trepidation instead of joy and the thoughts of an easy win.

I'm not gonna lie. I love to see our opponents fans shaking in their boots for a change.
I also remember the days of seeing the quotes from forums of teams that the Texans somehow managed to beat whilst being in the basement of the AFC South from before the game - predicting how many dozen they'd beat the Texans by.

Anyone who has watched the Texans over the past decade, or knows anything about football teams playing their asses off when they've been embarrassed at home knows that they can write the Jets off at their peril.
Old 10-03-2012   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I also remember the days of seeing the quotes from forums of teams that the Texans somehow managed to beat whilst being in the basement of the AFC South from before the game - predicting how many dozen they'd beat the Texans by.

Anyone who has watched the Texans over the past decade, or knows anything about football teams playing their asses off when they've been embarrassed at home knows that they can write the Jets off at their peril.
The Texans happened to have beat those teams well into the second
half of the season, when it was more about seeding for those upper-echelon
teams than clinching. With so much on the line right now, for every
team in the NFL, I expect the Jets to get rolled in their own house over
night. Tuesday morning is gonna be a hell of a news day for Texans fans.

Last edited by DexmanC; 10-04-2012 at 12:51 AM.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never get tired of hearing the same old crap from myself on here.
Old 10-03-2012   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey sonny, what's wrong with "old people?" We gotta crap just like everybody else. Can't help it if it's "old crap."
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 281155 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

We're about to get sanchized...
Quote:
you guys act like we will just lay down against the Texans. They've only won 4 games against an easy schedule. We beat them the last couple of times we played them remember?

It's not like the Texans will use the wildcat, which was a problem today.

We always play better with our backs against the wall, and the media hating on us.

Every week an heavy underdog beats the favorite in this league, next week it could be us. It's not like Sanchez had bad games before, this guy led us to 2 Championship games.

He will beat the texans, he always does
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you guys act like we will just lay down against the Texans. They've only won 4 games against an easy schedule. We beat them the last couple of times we played them remember?

It's not like the Texans will use the wildcat, which was a problem today.

We always play better with our backs against the wall, and the media hating on us.

Every week an heavy underdog beats the favorite in this league, next week it could be us. It's not like Sanchez had bad games before, this guy led us to 2 Championship games.

He will beat the texans, he always does

Old 10-01-2012   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
Old 10-01-2012   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hervoyel View Post
i don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (these jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated sunday. They're going to play hard and if the texans buy into all this jets bashing and texans hype they could lose that game.
bingo!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 251410 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
This is my fear. They got trashed by the Steelers, they barely pulled one out against the Dolphins, then then got SMASHED by the Niners.

We're going into their house and they're like an injured honey badger.

This could be a war.

I don't see how we don't crush them, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #18
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
bingo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This is my fear. They got trashed by the Steelers, they barely pulled one out against the Dolphins, then then got SMASHED by the Niners.

We're going into their house and they're like an injured honey badger.

This could be a war.

I don't see how we don't crush them, though.
I just don't see Ryan letting his guys get beat down - on the MNF national stage - like they did last Sunday. This COULD be a war. If you think Denver went after Schaub, I fear you ain't seen nothin' yet.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I just don't see Ryan letting his guys get beat down - on the MNF national stage - like they did last Sunday. This COULD be a war. If you think Denver went after Schaub, I fear you ain't seen nothin' yet.
This is why I don't think Ryan is a good coach. I don't think he has any say in the beat down his team is going to take. He's good, when everything is new, or when they are winning. But I don't think he's the kind of guy you need when things are falling apart. He's not the keep it together type, or the build it type.
Old 10-01-2012   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
What I see from this year's Texans is showing me they are dead serious
about the "1-0 every week mantra" they've been using, especially
since they went 7-0 during a stretch last year.

I thought they'd have dropped their guard a little against the Titans, but
they have not come out flat as a team since maybe early last season.
That shows me the coaching on this team, across the board, is top notch.
I'm definitely not used to seeing this from a Houston NFL team, but
that's what we've got here.

As a Texans fan, I can tell the Jets are gonna get smashed in THEIR OWN
house, on national TV. It will be such a great game to watch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read