Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-30-2004   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default undrafted free agents

i know as of right now from draftdaddy we have:

DT D.J. Renteria, New Mexico

DE Brandon Casavan, Wyoming

OG Andrew Martin, Northern Colorado

DT Ifo Pili, BYU

WR/KR Kendrick Starling, San Diego State

OT Brad Lekkerkerker, Cal-Davis

OT Ryan Bachman, Nebraska-Kearney

OT/TE Andrew Martin, Northern Colorado

P Nathan McKinney, Appalachian State

anyone heard of any other udfa's we might be looking at or is there some udfa's your hopeing we're looking at?
Old 04-30-2004   #2
BigTex
Rookie

I havent got to looking yet but these are a few I know didn't get drafted, someone please correct me if they have been signed.

Josh Buhl SS - 5-11, - 205 - Kansas State (LB)
A Possible LB Switch to S. Josh Buhl has been a player I have watched for many years, he has a good stregnth and I think he has great potential to be a S in the NFL. Size is a concern when it comes to playing the LB spot of Buhl but I think a switch to S can correct everything.

Brandon Everage - FS - 6-0, - 194 - Oklahoma (S)
I haven't looked yet but Brandon Everage has to be signed. The Kid has some Off The Field issues a reason he didnt play in some of Oklahoma's big games, but he has great upside, and I think can be an elite saftey in the NFL given time.

Andrew Shull - DE - 6-5, - 265 - Kansas State
Last but not leats, Andrew Shull is the last player the pops into my head, as Buhl Shull has get upside potential. I have also watched Shull player throughout his career I think he is someone u can take a chance on sign him to the practice sqaud and give him a shot.

Well I don't know if any of those have been signed yet but those are 3 names that standout in my mind.

-^BigTex^-
Old 04-30-2004   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Renteria, I like this guy

I was digging around for something on these guys and found this on D.J. Renteria. It's quite possible that many of you have already seen it but for anyone who hasn't I thought it was a good read. Not tremendously informative but I don't think you can read it and not like the guy. I hope he makes it.

D.J Renteria story in the Albuguerque Tribune
Old 05-01-2004   #4
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice read on D.J. Ren!!! Hopes he makes the team!
Old 05-01-2004   #5
hound
Rookie

To start with Martin is down there twice. He'll be a blocking TE. The DT's from BYU and New Mexico play a 3 down linemen defense so that gives them a head start. Brad Lekkerkerker is a great pick up. He's huge. About like Seth Wand. A little stiff, needs to improve his lower body strenght. Starling is super fast, but has a Randy Moss mind set. He ran an average 4.39 forty on his pro day... in football cleats and on grass. He returns also and is probably coming in for that. He didn't have a great vertical jump and he needs to get stronger. The other OT is 6'6" 300 pounds and is supposed to be really good at pass blocking.
hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Still haven't see anything official from the Texans, but Ourlad's has the following college FA's on the depth chart:

Brad Lekkerkerker T Cal - Davis
Chavis Smith G Tennessee
Andrew Martin C Northern Colorado
Ryan Bachman T Kearney St
Tim Gale RB Northeastern

Because I care, here's Tim Gale's bio. Dude looks like a throwback from the leather helmet days.

Last edited by Lucky; 05-02-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #7
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

casserly hasn't made any of them offical yet...waiting on him to announce them....hopefully he's signed some more DL for the team as well
Old 05-15-2004   #8
xxx

Out of all the free agents, Casavan has the most potential. He had his redshirt pulled his true freshmen year, and only got to play two seasons at his natural position(DE). If he would have had a redshirt season, and would have had the oppurtunity to play DE his whole college career, he would have been first team all conference at least twice, IMO. He possesses really good spead for someone his size along with good strength
Old 05-16-2004   #9
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I remember reading that Renteria was sub-300 lbs. I am not sure NT would be his best place on our line.
Old 05-16-2004   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

NT's don't have to be big and fat to be effective. Seth Payne is barely 300 pounds himself.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read