Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2012   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rey's breakout Texan performer of the week

TEXANS VS. BRONCOS

I'm predicting one INT for Kareem and one big hit on a receiver and overall tight coverage on the receivers.

I think the Broncos will continue their heavy use of the short passing game. That's Kareem's specialty. I'm not sure who he'll be matched up against but either way I expect him to step up big this week. This is his type of game. A team that's going to run the ball and utilize short and intermediate passes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rey's breakout Texan performer of the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
TEXANS VS. BRONCOS

I'm predicting one INT for Kareem and one big hit on a receiver and overall tight coverage on the receivers.

I think the Broncos will continue their heavy use of the short passing game. That's Kareem's specialty. I'm not sure who he'll be matched up against but either way I expect him to step up big this week. This is his type of game. A team that's going to run the ball and utilize short and intermediate passes.
I understand what you're saying Rey, BUT, I expect KJ to get a couple hurtful PIs called on him. He still scares me. JMO! PM KNOWS his weaknessses and is smart enough to exploit them. I'm worried.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping for a big game from Cushing and/or Holliday this week. I think our special teams are due to step up
Old 09-21-2012   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't worry too much, She!

Manning couldn't exploit Kareem in his rookie year, why should he be able to do that now?
You must have forgotten that Jackson did play against Manning twice.
He was not the worst DB on the field either time.
Actually, IMO, he was the best DB on the field for the Texans in those two games.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking the opposite. I think he gets picked on and these replacement ref's will cave in to the home field advantage and call a homer game in front of a hostile crowd... Bottom line is I see lots of man coverage and Manning picking on Jackson more and JJ less.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was thinking the opposite. I think he gets picked on and these replacement ref's will cave in to the home field advantage and call a homer game in front of a hostile crowd... Bottom line is I see lots of man coverage and Manning picking on Jackson more and JJ less.
After watching the Falcons push the middle of the Denver OL backwards and lot let Manning step up to throw , I'll go with JJ Watt on a bunch of stunts up the middle .
Old 09-21-2012   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
After watching the Falcons push the middle of the Denver OL backwards and lot let Manning step up to throw , I'll go with JJ Watt on a bunch of stunts up the middle .
I'll just go with JJ Watt every week.
Old 09-21-2012   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Keep Jackson on the right side of the field. Boom, problem solved. (Manning's right)
Old 09-22-2012   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Don't worry too much, She!

Manning couldn't exploit Kareem in his rookie year, why should he be able to do that now?
You must have forgotten that Jackson did play against Manning twice.
He was not the worst DB on the field either time.
Actually, IMO, he was the best DB on the field for the Texans in those two games.
Shocking that you would have this evaluation.

With CND's thread about PM having difficulties throwing to his right Jackson should have a good game. Or he could fall down again. He probably wont turn his head and look for the ball though. LOL

My breakout guy, Ben Jones
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Or he could fall down again. He probably wont turn his head and look for the ball though. LOL
2010 called and it wants those sweet burns back.
Old 09-22-2012   #11
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm calling for Holliday to be the breakout player of the game. He appeared to be over the first game jitters last week & made some solid returns. I'm predicting he'll return at least one (maybe two) for a touchdown & have several long returns to give the Texans great field position all day. I also predict he won't fumble at all.

As for the play of the day, I predict JJ, Cushing & Bawin will converge on the QB at the same time for a sack & knock Peyton out of the game.

Might as well go for the trifecta: Texans win 33-10.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #12
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Shocking that you would have this evaluation.

With CND's thread about PM having difficulties throwing to his right Jackson should have a good game. Or he could fall down again. He probably wont turn his head and look for the ball though. LOL

My breakout guy, Ben Jones
Why shocking?

You just need to go back and watch those two games against the Colts in 2010.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #13
Nox
Rookie

Brahman, if he plays.
Watt is gonna kill it.
Texans 31-17
Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go with Daniel Manning. He has been quiet this seAson. He should get an INT and some pass breakups.
Old 09-21-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

On the offense, I'd like Newton to have a great game. I'd like K-Mart to actually catch a pass or two that's thrown his way. And I'd kinda like to see Ben Jones get more playing time and play well.

On the defense, I gotta go with Brooks and Barwin. They haven't done much so far this year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #16
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
On the offense, I'd like Newton to have a great game. I'd like K-Mart to actually catch a pass or two that's thrown his way. And I'd kinda like to see Ben Jones get more playing time and play well.

On the defense, I gotta go with Brooks and Barwin. They haven't done much so far this year.
My choice is Garrett Graham... I'd love for him to step up. Make the safeties respect the middle and not cheat onto AJ's side.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

Good choices...lots of potential candidates out there...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #18
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Broncos special teams unit is going on Holliday!!!!

Last edited by michaelm; 09-21-2012 at 06:55 PM.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think the Brocos special teams unit is going on Holliday!!!!
lol

I see what you did there!
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012   #20
b0ng
Ooops

I think James Casey is going to catch a boatload of passes and surprise Broncos defenders with his ability to catch the ball out of a FB/HB spot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read