Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2012   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 53313 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 3 power rankings

We know this is just for fun....thoughts....

Fox Sports

Yahoo! Sports

ESPN

SB Nation

CBS Sports

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 power rankings

This is all nice and everything but we've got a lot of football to play. Like several people have mentioned, we've beaten the Dolphins and the Jaguars -- two teams people aren't expecting to make the play-offs. And while it's great to beat the tar out of the guys you're supposed to beat, let's see what we do when the competition gets stiffer.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If we let Manning beat us, then its going to be a while til we get this sort of acclaim again. Conversely, if we can beat Denver... And handle Tenn which we should. Its going to take alot of my productivity to keep up w all of the pub that would be coming our way.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #4
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/

Their rankings had the Texans #1 overall last year, too.

I think the CHFF guys are ahead of their peers. I'm convinced the Texans would've been playing for the Lombardi Trophy last year had Schaub not been injured.

The Texans imo are the most balanced, complete team in the NFL. This team has a solid defense that gets pressure on the quarterback and forces turnovers with an offense that can beat you on the ground or through the air and does it with efficient, time-consuming drives.

Someone pass the party punch!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

If we don't go 6-0 vs the AFC South wtf?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think it's bad kharma to be rated this high. It's making me nervous as hell.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/

Their rankings had the Texans #1 overall last year, too.

I think the CHFF guys are ahead of their peers. I'm convinced the Texans would've been playing for the Lombardi Trophy last year had Schaub not been injured.

The Texans imo are the most balanced, complete team in the NFL. This team has a solid defense that gets pressure on the quarterback and forces turnovers with an offense that can beat you on the ground or through the air and does it with efficient, time-consuming drives.

Someone pass the party punch!
I love who's at #32 in their rankings.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2012   #8
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

PFT

Quote:
2. Texans (one first-place vote):* The first two weeks have been like a major-college schedule for the Texans, with Miami and Jacksonville playing the role of Savannah State and Arkansas State.
The rest of the AFC South.
Quote:
25. Colts:* Wee wun ar gaim!* TRADES WINDZ STILL BLOWING!!!!!* HATPICKKC!

29. Titans:* Who’s the idiot who picked this team to win the AFC South?

31. Jaguars:* Shahid Khan’s train is still stuck in the station.
Mike Florio calling his self out.
Old 09-18-2012   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

These rankings will help the Texans get into a BCS Bowl at the end of the season.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
We know this is just for fun....thoughts....

Fox Sports

Yahoo! Sports

ESPN

SB Nation

CBS Sports

With the exception of SB .... Thats what I expected to see.

San Fran has looked rock solid and belongs #1.

The Texans almost move to #2 by default because only they and San Diego remain undefeated in the AFC , not that they dont deserve the spot.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #11
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 17549 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I'm not entirely convinced that the colts are going to be the push-over that seems to be universally agreed. We're oh-and-lots still at their place. Let's not get too cocky.
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
I'm not entirely convinced that the colts are going to be the push-over that seems to be universally agreed. We're oh-and-lots still at their place. Let's not get too cocky.
We play the Colts in weeks 15 and 17. Hopefully these two won't make a bit of difference whether we win or lose
Old 09-18-2012   #13
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markn View Post
As a Titan fan I look at my team then yours and think you can get cocky. Your team is HEAD and SHOULDERS in this division. Your concern is homefield period. Unless of course Schaub, Foster, Tate, Watt and Barwin all get hurt on Sunday. Then yeah, you got issues.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #14
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75474 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://pro32.ap.org/poll

AP Pro 32 power rankings up. Texans at #2 with one first place vote which I believe is coming from a Dallas sportswriter.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

funny that the top 2 teams are built VERY similarly. strong on defense, with the 49'ers leaning more run and the texans more pass. 3 and out as well as turnovers from both defenses. two of the best ground games (texans with the best ground game) and good "safe" quarterbacks who fit the system. i wont call either a game manager, but neither is a slinger like stafford or rodgers. the only real difference is at receiver where we have the top talent, but they have more talent.

easily the most complete teams in football, with the ravens, falcons, broncos and packers in that next tier of having almost everything.
Old 09-19-2012   #16
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

In 2005 the USC Trojans and the Texas Longhorns were rated #1 and #2 respectively the entire season and then met, finally, in the national championship matchup, at which time the #2 rated team beat the #1 rated team.

I would dearly love to watch that scenario unfold here.

Fingers crossed.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #17
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
funny that the top 2 teams are built VERY similarly. strong on defense, with the 49'ers leaning more run and the texans more pass.
Actually the Texans rely more on the run than the 49ers.

49ers have run the ball 59 times (48% of their plays)

Texans have run the ball 83 times (55% of their plays). The Texans' 83 rushing attempts is the most in the league at the moment.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #18
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Even if we had a 90% chance to win each of those games, there's only a roughly 45% chance to win all 6. (Though since there's only 5 left, we are up to a 55% chance.)
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #19
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxiousdog View Post
Even if we had a 90% chance to win each of those games, there's only a roughly 45% chance to win all 6. (Though since there's only 5 left, we are up to a 55% chance.)
If the Texans have a top two seed in the AFC playoffs locked up late in the season (first-round bye), it wouldn't shock me if they rested players in two of those final three games, which happen to be against the Colts.
Old 09-19-2012   #20
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1441 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

just praying we stay healthy...
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read