Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

OK i know its early again but it worked so well against the jags . I say

Texans 34

Broncos 13

(OK here at work at 3:30 AM after a whopping 2 hours of sleep i change my predicition after what seemed to be a revelation between closing my eyes and then opening them right back up to come to work, i got a large boost of Homerism )
Manning gave us hell when he was with the colts, but DONT FORGET he hasnt played against the texans revamped defense.

And I expect AJ and the passing game will play a big factor next week as i dont see us taking a early and commanding lead.

Last edited by EllisUnit; 09-17-2012 at 03:39 AM.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #2
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1976 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

28 Houston
21 Denver

Final score in overtime. The Texans Vs. Manning rivalry is reborn.

Seriously though, the key matchup here will be Kareem Vs. Decker. Manning threw equally to Thomas and Decker, and he went to Decker a couple of times in the endzone, Manning will surely test Jackson more than Joseph.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver 31
Texans 10
Peyton still sees us as his *****. He scores early and often then kubiaks gameplan
goes out the window. Schaub forced to play catchup and fails. Early thoughts, thats all
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Possible preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 102457 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Denver 31
Texans 10
Peyton still sees us as his *****. He scores early and often then kubiaks gameplan
goes out the window. Schaub forced to play catchup and fails. Early thoughts, thats all
hmmm since phillip came here the Defense has been way better than what Peyton was used to seeing from us. Even so i see us scoring more than 10.

Man we have some mood killers here...
Old 09-16-2012   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
hmmm since phillip came here the Defense has been way better than what Peyton was used to seeing from us. Even so i see us scoring more than 10.

Man we have some mood killers here...
Not mood killing. Wades first shot at Peyton and I don't think Peyton fears wade. He has tools and a nice D. Just being reasonable against a qb who has always kicked our ass
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #7
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Not mood killing. Wades first shot at Peyton and I don't think Peyton fears wade. He has tools and a nice D. Just being reasonable against a qb who has always kicked our ass
I dont think the Broncos D is better than ours and i dont think the broncos O is better than ours.

Just my opinion but we match up well if not better
Old 09-16-2012   #8
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 797 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27
Broncos 24

I think the Texans are the better team, but playing on the road is tough. I'll be interested to see how bitchboy Manning looks tomorrow, but I think he was a bit overhyped in week 1.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #9
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
28 Houston
21 Denver

Seriously though, the key matchup here will be Kareem Vs. Decker. Manning threw equally to Thomas and Decker, and he went to Decker a couple of times in the endzone, Manning will surely test Jackson more than Joseph.
What rivalry??? It's been a one sided affair. This is going to be a tough test for us. Good thing is that we haven't hit our stride yet offensively or defensively yet. Broncos looked awesome against the Steelers the other night, but it'll be interesting to see if Manning can have a repeat performance. I think it'll be a close game up in Denver and the thin air might have an adverse affect on our players. Arian and Tate are key to this game imo. Keep Manning off the field. As for the prediction, I'm going with my heart: 21-17 Texans. My head says this will be our first loss. I hope my head is wrong.

Last edited by Nawzer; 09-16-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Nawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #10
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotTexas2Step View Post
28 Houston
21 Denver

You don't kick the extra point in overtime.
Old 09-16-2012   #11
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict I will know more after seeing Denver tomorrow night.

I don't like it though, I think it will be close, but it is hard to go and win in Denver.

I will update more.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #12
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

35-0 blow out W for Houston.
Old 09-16-2012   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I will know more after Manning plays MNF vs Falcons.

Right now, the Denver crowd environment is a challenge for us. The refs, unless it's the regular crew out there, those replacement refs will MELT under the Broncos fans' noise. I noticed last week that the fans were hissing and pissing and moaning and crying for pass interference ANY time a Manning pass was not caught. Apparently, it was never the Colts fans fault for that...it apparently is inherently attached to Manning and his fans think there MUST have been a p.i. if the pass wasn't completed. Because he's just. that. good. Makes me soooo mad. The replacement refs just might fall under the spell, I'm afraid.

Overall, we SHOULD beat them...but it will be close either way. A 10-point game IMO.
Old 09-16-2012   #14
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

31 - 27

Texans of course.

I reserve the right to edit my post, lets say in about 27 hours...
Old 09-16-2012   #15
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see how the Broncos look tomorrow night. Then I will make a prediction.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #16
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 33010 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
I want to see how the Broncos look tomorrow night. Then I will make a prediction.
Since you thought the Jags would beat the Texans, are you really expecting the Broncos could possibly look worse than the Jags? Because if they only look as bad as the Jags you kinda have to pick the Broncos.
Old 09-16-2012   #17
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't need to watch tomorrow nights game....

It's Peyton Manning, remember ?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #18
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

And our defense is well rested.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 09-17-2012   #19
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27

Broncos 21
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

After the outcome last night, as of today, the Texans and the 49ers are the best teams from their respective conferences.

The other AFC teams that are normally in the top tier have had focus problems.

The Texans could have slept on their two opponents, but we didn't. Great teams take care of business no matter how "routine" or boring that business might be.

We'll win this next game, then the really tricky part of the schedule begins. If we stay injury-free, built momentum each week, this team can go gonzo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read