Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-10-2012   #1
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Watching the Ravens vs Bengals & JJ looks like a good receiver for them so far. Hopefully he figured it out & will have a good career there.
Old 09-10-2012   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacoby Jones is looking good....

I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.
Old 09-10-2012   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.
Blame that on Kubiak, not the kid. The draft pick part, he had the growin up thing done the last two years he was here.
Old 09-10-2012   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

They better check his gloves for stickum.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #6
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.
Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Kubiak was too hard on the kid and he couldn't relax and just play to his potential
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.
It's weird seeing three Texans contributing so much on another team. Hopefully we lost them because we have better players.
Old 09-10-2012   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Too bad he was here first.
Old 09-11-2012   #10
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This year game one - 3 catches 46 yards
Last year game one - 3 catches 43 yards

Jacoby is what I refer to as tantalizing mediocrity. In fact, I believe there was even a thread started during or after game one last year called "Jacoby Just Shut the Haters Up", although in all fairness, I think that was due to a punt return TD, not a 3 reception game.

I don't wish Jacoby ill - quite the opposite, but in most cases, after five years, you are what you are, and what I think Jacoby is is a borderline starting NFL WR.

Last edited by ChampionTexan; 09-11-2012 at 02:02 AM.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish him the best but a Zebra don't change his stripes. He's probably let go by Baltimore after this season.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I don't wish Jacoby ill - quite the opposite, but in most cases, after five years, you are what you are, and what I think Jacoby is is a borderline starting NFL WR.
I dont wish him ill either .....Until we meet in the playoffs , then I think he owes me a TD ..... going the wrong way for his squad just to make up for the stupidity he pulled in that playoff game - Dont think many of us will forget that epic moment of idiocy.

Jacoby , you owe me.

Old 09-11-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Who? sarcasm intended
Old 09-11-2012   #14
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can honestly see him doing better in Baltimore than in Houston, but that will be more due to the no-huddle offense spreading the ball around. What he does with that opportunity will be boom or bust for the Ravens. He could show his potential to get yards after the catch, or he could drop numerous passes run lousy routes and get the ball intercepted. It will be interesting to watch, and I love watching the Ravens play anyhow.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
She had talked about how she saw him in the club out here recently and what a nut he still was. That was a few months ago though. We all know that JJ has a lot of talent, but the gy is just wet between the ears. He is your typical cat that likes to get ****ed up and party, and play football as well, but I don't see him ever taking his job seriously like he needs to. Plus, he is already past that age where most WR's break out. Sure it happens here and there after 5 years or so with certain guys, but it's pretty rare. I think JJ will be a journeyman at this point.
His high school head coach said basically the same thing in a radio interview. He said JJ was very immature and could never keep his focus on the important things. JJ likes to party and get all the attention that being a pro athlete brings, but lacks the worth ethic to live up to his god-given potential.

It's only a matter of time before the real JJ stands up.
Old 09-17-2012   #16
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

He was called for offensive interference and it cost them this week.

Same dude.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
He was called for offensive interference and it cost them this week.

Same dude.
Horrible call if you watched the play.

Then again, who cares
Old 09-18-2012   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
His high school head coach said basically the same thing in a radio interview. He said JJ was very immature and could never keep his focus on the important things. JJ likes to party and get all the attention that being a pro athlete brings, but lacks the worth ethic to live up to his god-given potential.

It's only a matter of time before the real JJ stands up.
I wonder if his weaknesses will be masked somewhat in Baltimore where they dont run a very complex offense. They pound the rock and their recievers run a lot of simple verticle routes. Much different than his situation here where the route combinations are designed to make the defense react and one guy not doing his job .... screws up the whole thing.

He may get more quality opportunities just running a simple fly pattern .... which even JJ should be able to handle.

Maybe this system and situation was wrong for him ...

Old 09-18-2012   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wonder if his weaknesses will be masked somewhat in Baltimore where they dont run a very complex offense. They pound the rock and their recievers run a lot of simple verticle routes. Much different than his situation here where the route combinations are designed to make the defense react and one guy not doing his job .... screws up the whole thing.

He may get more quality opportunities just running a simple fly pattern .... which even JJ should be able to handle.

Maybe this system and situation was wrong for him ...
Two things come to mind for me..

I think that the Ratbirds will only play him in a small % of their overall offensive snaps and his role is probably narrowly defined so he doesn't have to do any hard core ciferin' on gameday...so I agree with you there.

Many players play better when they are released or traded. They start to realize that all this NFL stuff is just temporary and it all depends on how much someone wants you. Obviously the Texans told him they don't want him anymore and I think that probably helps him grow up a bit more and this will lead him to be more productive since he can see the other side with more clarity after his Texans departure. (assuming he grows up a bit of course).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012   #20
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Jacoby! Glad to see him succeeding!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read