Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2012   #1
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 Final Draft Grades (Texans)

Deciding to go with a new thread for this, as the other one has gotten off topic. If the mods feel it should be placed in the other thread, I understand.

Well, another draft is in the books. How well do you think the Texans did? **Disclaimer- yes, we all know that the FO is full of professionals who (among other things) have access to info we donít. And yes, grading a draft right after it happens instead of waiting a couple years is jumping the gun a bit. But who cares? If you donít want to participate, then donít. Nobody is making you read/respond to anything written here. Thanks!**

Round 1- Illinois OLB Whitney Mercilus Grade: A-
Mercilus adds another edge rusher to Wadeís ever-evolving defense. It is hard not to be excited about adding him, as he was projected to go well before the 26th pick. He should see regular playing time as a rookie, and push for a starting gig in 2013. I have concerns about lateral agility and overall explosion, but there is no denying the talent and want-level is there.

Round 3- Ohio State WR DeVier Posey Grade: D
Bah, I like the position, but that is about it. He has good size, but is average everywhere else- average hands (drops some he should catch, catches some that were incredibly difficult to bring in), average playing speed, average route runner, above average blocker, but shy over the middle. Add in some character concerns (not just the tattoos, but what some people are saying on campus about him as a person) and the other receivers that were still on the board, and I am disappointed in the pick. That said, he is a Texan now, and has my full support. I truly hope that I am wrong.

Round 3- Miami (OH) OG Brandon Brooks Grade: A+
I love it! Brooks is a day one starter at either OG spot. A big, big man with incredible athleticism, I could not be any happier about the pick.

Round 4- Georgia OC Ben Jones Grade: B+
You just canít hate grabbing O-line depth, especially when it comes with good value. Jones is a long-time starter in the talented SEC, and should be a great backup for many, many years. I donít know if he will be playing OG or OC, but I think he should be a backup at either position, and may compete for a starting job in a couple years. And even if he never becomes a starter, he should be a great backup, and that is worth a 4th. He has a great attitude for an OLinman as well. Nice pick.

Round 4- Keshawn Martin, WR, Michigan State Grade: C+
This pretty much assures us that JJ is gone. Martin is a slot receiver with good return ability, but that is about it. I just donít see him being a difference maker in the pass game. Not a bad pick, but not one I am thrilled about.

Round 4- Nebraska DE Jared Crick Grade: B
A year and a half ago, this guy was a first rounder. Crick has had a couple rough years, but he could be a solid 3-4 DE at the next level. He does not have the explosion of an elite player, and can get high in his stance, but he gives his all every snap. I donít think he will start in the near future, but he should see time in the rotation. Nice pick.

Round 5- Texas A&M K Randy Bullock Grade: A
Who saw this coming? Well, just about everybody. Kicker was a need, and Bullock is arguably the best one in the draft. Strong leg, accurate, he should be the Texansí kicker for years. It may be a bit early, but I have no problem with this. Great pick.

Round 6- Purdue OT/OG Nick Mondek Grade: C
Haha, someone nobody on the board is familiar with. He is raw, but has nice athleticism. I think he gets put on the PS, but who knows. I cant knock the pick since I have no knowledge of the guy, and I cant praise it for the same reason. C is for solid I guess.

Final Grade: B+

A lot of good picks, with only the Posey pick upsetting me. Lets go Texans!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Final Draft Grades (Texans)

I think the team really improved their debth today. I love the kicker pick in the 5th round. Lots and lots of O lineman, so ya know I would love this draft if for nothing else than that. LOL

Over all, I give this draft a very solid B.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I like that Wade got the player he wanted. I like that Benton got young linemen he can mold. I like that there is now a kicker on the roster. I don't know where the TEs are going to come from. I still would have liked to see another NT brought in (and there were opportunities). Not sure how you can grade before they've ever hit the field, but my guess is that this is a B draft class.
Old 04-28-2012   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to our 7th round pick? I thought we got an extra one when we traded back? What did we get for our 2nd rounder that we traded away? I thought it was a 4th and a 7th?
Old 04-28-2012   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
What happened to our 7th round pick? I thought we got an extra one when we traded back? What did we get for our 2nd rounder that we traded away? I thought it was a 4th and a 7th?
We gave up our 7th in the trade. We traded our 2nd and 7th for their 3rd and 4th.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
We gave up our 7th in the trade. We traded our 2nd and 7th for their 3rd and 4th.
Okay, gotcha. I thought the extra 3rd round pick was from the Demeco trade, but that was one of the fourth round pick.
Old 04-28-2012   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
We traded our 7th to the Buccanneers as part of the deal that got their 4th.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2012   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Initial reactions to 2012 draft -

Round 1- Illinois OLB Whitney Mercilus Grade: A
Once again Texans fool me with first overall pick, what's new..... Drafting a 4-3 DE & projecting him to OLB. If he works out half as well as JJ Watt we''ll all be happy right? Quality young man who adds pass rushing speed dimension. Mario Williams missed on a lot of sack opportunities because he was a split second too late numerous times. Mercilus will make those plays. His closing speed is elite, his first 10 yard split confirms this as well posting tops in position 1.55 sec.

Round 3- Ohio State WR DeVier Posey Grade: C+
Better size than I thought @ 6015 211 so that helps reassure me a little. Had similar sense they go with bigger WR early then slot type WR later. Character issue aside, Texans had inside track on this angle & did their due diligence. So feel comfortable we can move on with his skill set that matches what fits profile/need. Reminds me a little of a bigger Mario Manningham & if that's the case better value than imagined.

Round 3- Miami (OH) OG Brandon Brooks Grade: B
One of the top four elite OG's in this draft. Great value. Little surprised went with this big of offensive guard, but that tells me Texans want to run with more power & punch it in the end zone over right side. Has high ceiling if fully developed has pro bowl potential.

Ben one of those wanting to take a Center higher for years so guess this will have to do because this position is set now for probably the next 10 years. Has leadership & toughness to make line calls will earn respect of teammates.

Round 4- Keshawn Martin, WR, Michigan State Grade: B
Rated just ahead of Ryan Broyles because of explosiveness, plus speed & toughness. Very smart pick that signals end of road for Jacoby Jones as a Texan. Elusive in open field & will make the clutch catch.

Round 4- Nebraska DE Jared Crick Grade: A
Anybody who follows my work knows I love this pick & had given him a 2nd rd. grade. I did not realize the extent of his injury's other than torn pectoral muscle that sidelined him his senior year. When healthy, he is a disruptive interior linemen who can back-up both Watt & Smith. I would love to put some weight on his 6-4 frame & stick him @ nose tackle in Wade's system he could be another Jay Ratliff.

Round 5- Texas A&M K Randy Bullock Grade: B+
Had to take him a little early because of run on position so good job addressing need. I hope he is the Texans kicker for the next decade, but you just never know. He seems polished & mature so should make the transition.

Round 6- Purdue OT/OG Nick Mondek Grade: C+
Love the position, question the prospect with guys like Matt Reynolds & Levy Adcock still available. It's always reassuring to hear the GM discuss a prospect you know nothing about but is making comparisons to Eric Winston the right direction? I was under the impression someone with a little more attitude & athletic ability, but will see maybe he is a diamond in the rough.

Overall Grade: Solid B

now onto undrafted free agents when all the dust settles.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #9
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...content_stream

NFLN gives the draft a B and just gushes praise on the Texans.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012   #10
Texsker
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Texsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respectedTexsker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Anybody who follows my work knows I love this pick & had given him a 2nd rd. grade. I did not realize the extent of his injury's other than torn pectoral muscle that sidelined him his senior year. When healthy, he is a disruptive interior linemen who can back-up both Watt & Smith. I would love to put some weight on his 6-4 frame & stick him @ nose tackle in Wade's system he could be another Jay Ratliff.
I believe you can probably forget about trying to put substantial weight on Crick. Nebraska's tried and failed to do this for years. He's never really been able to keep his weight much north of 280 during the season. I don't see that changing, and as a DE, it won't need to. I just don't see him ever being able to play inside except as a nickel rusher.

Crick has the height (6'4 1/2") to make you think he should be able to get a lot heavier, but that just hasn't been the reality of his career at Nebraska. I see him as a guy who will play his entire career in the 280-285 range.
Old 04-29-2012   #11
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Whitney Mercilus - Will have double digit sacks his rookie year in this system IMHO. Grade A

Devier Posey - Size, quickness, reliable hands, and can adjust to poorly thrown balls (if Matt comes back) makes this a good pick IMO. Grade B

Brandon Brooks - Excellent pick to address need. Grade A

Ben Jones - In our offensive system the O-line is key and depth never hurts. Grade B

Keshawn Martin - My grade here is based on one thing and one thing only ... goodbye Jacoby Jones. Grade A

Jared Crick - former 1st round talent that has had a rough spell, but I believe in Wade and his system to get the most out of this guy. Could turn out to be the future when Smith is gone. Grade B+

Randy Bullock - Should be a solid starter for the forseeable future. Grade A

Nick Mondek - Started his college career as a D-lineman, then started a year at RT and did well, the moved to OG and adjusted and had a solid year. Shows diversity and the ability to adapt, as well as experience at different positions. Solid pick. Grade B.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Initial reactions to 2012 draft -

Round 1- Illinois OLB Whitney Mercilus Grade: A
Once again Texans fool me with first overall pick, what's new..... Drafting a 4-3 DE & projecting him to OLB. If he works out half as well as JJ Watt we''ll all be happy right? Quality young man who adds pass rushing speed dimension. Mario Williams missed on a lot of sack opportunities because he was a split second too late numerous times. Mercilus will make those plays. His closing speed is elite, his first 10 yard split confirms this as well posting tops in position 1.55 sec.

Round 3- Ohio State WR DeVier Posey Grade: C+
Better size than I thought @ 6015 211 so that helps reassure me a little. Had similar sense they go with bigger WR early then slot type WR later. Character issue aside, Texans had inside track on this angle & did their due diligence. So feel comfortable we can move on with his skill set that matches what fits profile/need. Reminds me a little of a bigger Mario Manningham & if that's the case better value than imagined.

Round 3- Miami (OH) OG Brandon Brooks Grade: B
One of the top four elite OG's in this draft. Great value. Little surprised went with this big of offensive guard, but that tells me Texans want to run with more power & punch it in the end zone over right side. Has high ceiling if fully developed has pro bowl potential.

Ben one of those wanting to take a Center higher for years so guess this will have to do because this position is set now for probably the next 10 years. Has leadership & toughness to make line calls will earn respect of teammates.

Round 4- Keshawn Martin, WR, Michigan State Grade: B
Rated just ahead of Ryan Broyles because of explosiveness, plus speed & toughness. Very smart pick that signals end of road for Jacoby Jones as a Texan. Elusive in open field & will make the clutch catch.

Round 5- Texas A&M K Randy Bullock Grade: B+
Had to take him a little early because of run on position so good job addressing need. I hope he is the Texans kicker for the next decade, but you just never know. He seems polished & mature so should make the transition.

Round 6- Purdue OT/OG Nick Mondek Grade: C+
Love the position, question the prospect with guys like Matt Reynolds & Levy Adcock still available. It's always reassuring to hear the GM discuss a prospect you know nothing about but is making comparisons to Eric Winston the right direction? I was under the impression someone with a little more attitude & athletic ability, but will see maybe he is a diamond in the rough.

Overall Grade: Solid B

now onto undrafted free agents when all the dust settles.
One year later, for those interested for those who don't screw Em

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

BL, I am still ok with that draft. Martin and Mondek may be on their way out depending on TC and preseason. Wish I had a clearer picture of Posey. I'm also hopeful Ben Jones can settle in behind Myers & get that position down pat. If Brooks is what I think he is that will happen. It would be cool for me if Oline was Brown, Brooks, Jones Quisenberry/B.Williams and Newton. Do you agree that Brennan can play RG? I think so but not sure 100%.
Old 04-28-2012   #14
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Very solid draft. I'm happy.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #15
Seasick Sailor
Rookie

Rep Power: 544 Seasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respectedSeasick Sailor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm much more optimistic about the Posey pick than you are, but otherwise agree.

There wasn't a WR available at that point who didn't have some serious question marks.

I cant wait to see how Wade uses Mercilus..
Seasick Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #16
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno about the Mondek. I hope the Texans did their homework with this one. I liked all the other picks except this one! I will give a Solid B!
Old 04-28-2012   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i cant say much about this draft since it usually takes 3 years to judge but there was alot of ????? picks IMO

manily the getting of both guard and center going in we had

Antoine Caldwell-Starter

Thomas Austin -Rookie/Depth
Andrew Gardner-Rookie/Depth
Shelley Smith-Rookie/Depth
Cody Wallace-Vet

i thought that was more then enough to not get a guard but i guess the coaches dont trust any of these guyz i was mad manily because Tackle and TE we major needs and we didnt address none of that ...but how can i trust them on drafting Guards when thoes 3 guards we drafted up thee are all Bust picks i guess LOL

All we have is Newton coming of injury has our Backup Tackle and only 2 TE on this team OD and Garrett Graham who i guess the coaches fell is rdy to start now lets hope he does not get injured because has of now no one is backing up OD or GG
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #18
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best way to grade the draft in my opinion is to compare how good the roster looks before and after, including cuts to players, trades, UDFAs, etc.

I think our team looks stronger after this draft than it did before. Not the way it did after last years draft, but certainly deeper. I would have liked us to shore up the secondary a little more considering the teams we have on our schedule, but I realize there weren't a lot of talented CBs this year
Old 04-28-2012   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Best way to grade the draft in my opinion is to compare how good the roster looks before and after, including cuts to players, trades, UDFAs, etc.

I think our team looks stronger after this draft than it did before. Not the way it did after last years draft, but certainly deeper. I would have liked us to shore up the secondary a little more considering the teams we have on our schedule, but I realize there weren't a lot of talented CBs this year
And you can bet on what's left over, there'll be some UDFA CBs and safeties in camp.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

they werent going secondary esp when we drafted Keio Harris and carmichael last year
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read