Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-28-2012   #1
texasam82
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Day THREE Picks! Most Exciting Fourth Round EVER

There is an abundance of talent still left in the 4th round this year guys, and I for one am VERY excited to see how we utilize our three picks in the 4th.

Wet Dream Scenario for me:

1) Bobby Massie*, OT, Ole Miss
Height: 6-6. Weight: 316.
40 Time: 5.23.
Bench: 22. Arm: 35.

How the hell is he still here?? Many of us would have been ecstatic if we were able to snag him in the 2nd with a trade up, and now we can grab him in the 4th. Really makes me wonder if there is something we don't know about this kid. He was pegged as a possible late 1, early 2 pre-draft.

2) Alameda Ta'amu, DT/NT, Washington
Height: 6-3. Weight: 348.
40 Time: 5.34. 10-Yd Split: 1.78.
Bench: 35.
Vertical: 26. Broad: 8-7.
Arm: 32. Hand: 9 7/8.

BIG body that was also considered a 2nd round pick. Some questions regarding motor, but hell... this is the 4th round and I'll gamble on him. We could land the prototypical 3/4 run stuffing NT with this guy... And if he's only part of a NT rotation with Cody/Mitchell he sure as hell better play his *** off in running situations. LOVE the new rookie wage scale... If he EVER wants to get paid he will have to prove he has the motor.

3) Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas
Height: 6-3. Weight: 219.
40 Time: 4.39.
Vertical: 36.5.
Broad: 10-5.
Hand: 10 1/8.

In the late 4th??? Yes please! This guy is a potential first rounder if he never hurt the knee. I don't care that we already drafted Posey, you can never have too many big bodied FAST WR's in this league and to land a guy with his production (when healthy) and measurables in the late 4th is ridiculous to me. I really have my fingers crossed for Childs...
texasam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #2
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Day THREE Picks! Most Exciting Fourth Round EVER

What I heard or read somewhere is that Zebrie Sanders has good feet and good agility. Can get his body on defenders up field in the run. Sounds like this guy fits better with our system. What do you think? On the contrary to Sanders, Massie is supposed to be a slow-footed mover. But Massie has better 40 time so go figure? Personally, I wouldn't mind us drafting any of those T in the 4th rd.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

never mind. freaking yahoo last night didn't date crap when I looked at it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like:

1) Orson Charles
2) Brandon Mosley
3) Alameda Ta'amu
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #5
texasam82
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasam82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I'd like:

1) Orson Charles
2) Brandon Mosley
3) Alameda Ta'amu

I'd be TOTALLY down with that as well. That is what I mean here guys... it's ridiculous that we have this many solid options in the FOURTH round.

We need more help at TE, Mosley I've liked on the OL and Ta'amu is our space eating NT.

It feels really nice drafting in this way. Now that the Texans are actually a good team.
Old 04-28-2012   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

on a side note, they said NO Texas,Florida or Florida state player drafted within the first 3 rounds

I honestly can't remember the last time that has happened
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #7
texasam82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
What I heard or read somewhere is that Zebrie Sanders has good feet and good agility. Can get his body on defenders up field in the run. Sounds like this guy fits better with our system. What do you think? On the contrary to Sanders, Massie is supposed to be a slow-footed mover.

Go Texans!!!
Oh I'd LOVE Sanders here as well! Who do you guys think we'll take? 5 picks today!
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2012   #8
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasam82 View Post
Oh I'd LOVE Sanders here as well! Who do you guys think we'll take? 5 picks today!
Although we drafted G already, my sleeper late round pick is Joe Looney. He should fit our scheme. Someone at TTC was also picking this guy in late round.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read