Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-27-2012   #1
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DeVier Posey?

Dude hardly even played last year after taking part in the scandal that took down Ohio State's program.

Uncle Bob? I thought the Texans only took squeaky clean boys....

Thoughts on this pick?
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #2
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeVier Posey?

Smooth route runner with some burst, exaggeration at top of routes. Lacks run after catch ability, dips shoulder into contact, but once momentum is stopped won't gain many yards. Can get really lazy on his movements, read and glide them off. Thin frame, high posture on initial stem without much initial burst. Reliable catcher over the shoulder, consistent. QB shouldn't put confidence in him to win contested catches.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #3
CorpusTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 CorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCorpusTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

confused.
CorpusTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

As far as WR goes later in the draft .... Remember the name DeVier Posey from Ohio St.
Quote:

Im also high on DeVier Posey .... He has fantastic hands , great acceleration & change of direction. Tho not as big as some of the others at "only" 6'1" 210. I think he would fit well in the slot on this squad. I saw this guy doing some live drills and came away thoroughly impressed ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great call.

msr

Edit: Sorry that should be quoting Corrosion calling the Posey pick and not a kitten. I'm just too lazy to fix it.
Old 04-27-2012   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Great Job.

Let me go on record now saying I don't like this at all. Nothing against Posey, nothing at all. But we had Rueben Randall, or could have. We traded out of that spot & now we're taking Rueben.

In my defense, I just got home & looked through the draft tracker real quick. I don't know the details of the trade yet.
Old 04-27-2012   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Great Job.

Let me go on record now saying I don't like this at all. Nothing against Posey, nothing at all. But we had Rueben Randall, or could have. We traded out of that spot & now we're taking Rueben.

In my defense, I just got home & looked through the draft tracker real quick. I don't know the details of the trade yet.
Let me tell you my opinion of why they prefered Posey over Randall -

They both come from run oriented offenses and Posey is the more polished reciever. He put up the numbers as a Soph and a Jr compared to Randall's one year of production.

Randall is more of a project , and this team is in "Win Now Mode". They need a guy who can come in and contribute yesterday , not in two or three years.
Randall might have the higher ceiling but right now , Posey is the superior WR and can come in and impact this team instantly.

I really think if he had played his Sr season in full he would have gone no later than the second round.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2012   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Let me tell you my opinion of why they prefered Posey over Randall -

They both come from run oriented offenses and Posey is the more polished reciever. He put up the numbers as a Soph and a Jr compared to Randall's one year of production.

Randall is more of a project , and this team is in "Win Now Mode". They need a guy who can come in and contribute yesterday , not in two or three years.
Randall might have the higher ceiling but right now , Posey is the superior WR and can come in and impact this team instantly.

I really think if he had played his Sr season in full he would have gone no later than the second round.
That's a post full of speculation.

I know you liked Posey before tonight, and you know you'l have a desire to protect your prediction of him. But I want to see where you had him slated in round 3...IIRC, you had said "later in the draft" which makes me think you didn't have a round 3 grade on him. Not being a-hole about it, just curious as to what your projection on him was.
Old 04-27-2012   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpusTexan View Post
confused.
Dissapointed.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #10
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 113379 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Dissapointed.
Confused and disappointed.
Old 04-28-2012   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Confused and disappointed.
I don't mind being confused on draft day. There have certainly been several players I thought were going to be usefull NFL players who were anything but.

AS to being disappointed...why? Why be disappionted in a guy before he has even been assigned a locker and a number. At the very least wait till after this season to be disappointed, I'll wait two season before becoming diappionted an any of the players taken in this draft.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #12
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

My concern isn't for the player specifically...more that I think most internet draftniks thought him a 5/6th round prospect. Trading back while Sanu AND Randle are there in the 2nd...and then not getting either of them, instead reaching for a guy with some big question marks...

Didn't particularly care for that bit. Still good players on the board though and the Texans are locked and loaded for an mid round bonanza. Let's do it!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012   #13
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I don't mind being confused on draft day. There have certainly been several players I thought were going to be usefull NFL players who were anything but.

AS to being disappointed...why? Why be disappionted in a guy before he has even been assigned a locker and a number. At the very least wait till after this season to be disappointed, I'll wait two season before becoming diappionted an any of the players taken in this draft.
There's that logic thing again.

You've been around here long enough to know it's all about FO incompetence and pissin' and moanin' because obviously there are many here that know more about every player coming out. After all, we have stacks of drug store magazines, a top-flite MB and the whole f'kn internet to come to the conclusions as to who the Texans should draft. All they hafta do is log on!

But do you think they'd do that? Hell no! They're going to rely on their scouts & coaches that have been doing this stuff for their entire professional lives, private investigators going all over the country interviewing countless witnesses, coaches, teachers and whomever else they deem necessary to draw their silly conclusions.

After all, they ARE THE SMARTEST MEN IN THE ROOM.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=35938
Old 04-27-2012   #15
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Round DeVier Posey WR Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post

After reading this I am trying to understand what smithiak saw in him.

Old 04-27-2012   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who?
Old 04-27-2012   #17
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a prospect profile on him by NFL Network:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...-Posey-Ohio-St
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #18
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

cool.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he will challenge Maehl for the #4 WR spot.
Old 04-27-2012   #20
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Who??????

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read