Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-28-2004   #1
SESupergenius

Default Hindsight: What should the Texans have done?

Now that the draft is over and I didn't get any selections from any of my picks, looking back what should the Texans have done? This isn't a "blast the Texans" thread and we all know that hindsight is 20/20. But what do you we should have done knowing how the draft went.

Here's one scenario:

1st round
10th pick - Dunta Robinson

2nd round
40th pick - Bob Sanders SS 5-8 204
or Michael Boulware SS 6-2 223

3rd round
72 pick - Donnell Washington DT 6-5 323

4th round
103rd pick - Will Allen FS 6-1 193

5th round
138th pick - Michael Turner RB 5-10 237

6th round
170th pick Cody Spencer ILB 6-2 242
200th pick Isaac Hilton OLB 6-3 251

7th
211th pick Brian Rimpf OT 6-5 319
248th pick Symons, B.J. QB 6-0 210
Old 04-29-2004   #2
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Now that the draft is over and I didn't get any selections from any of my picks, looking back what should the Texans have done? This isn't a "blast the Texans" thread and we all know that hindsight is 20/20. But what do you we should have done knowing how the draft went.

Here's one scenario:

1st round
10th pick - Dunta Robinson

2nd round
40th pick - Bob Sanders SS 5-8 204
or Michael Boulware SS 6-2 223

3rd round
72 pick - Donnell Washington DT 6-5 323

4th round
103rd pick - Will Allen FS 6-1 193

5th round
138th pick - Michael Turner RB 5-10 237

6th round
170th pick Cody Spencer ILB 6-2 242
200th pick Isaac Hilton OLB 6-3 251

7th
211th pick Brian Rimpf OT 6-5 319
248th pick Symons, B.J. QB 6-0 210
Not bad, I would have taken Sean Jones FS in the second, Issac Spoage NT in the 3rd, Earl was a good selection in the fourth, and the rest I like the way yours looks (maybe not the RB in the 5th, stay with Duff)
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004   #3
Ediddy73
Veteran

I can't decide now. When it happened, I was livid about what I percieved as a reach to take Babin. We DO need an edge rusher, but I felt like we still needed to address d-line as well. With the additional 4th rounder from the Colts, we basically moved up and only gave up a 3rd round pick and dropped 21 slots in the 5th. Not as horrible as it initially reads when you see "Texans trade 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and swap down in the 5th to take Babin."
Ediddy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we did the right thing. We got our guys and addressed all the most important needs.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004   #5
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I thought we made good picks. The Texans knew who they wanted.
Old 04-29-2004   #6
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have more faith in CC than the fire this person posters!
axman40 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read