Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-17-2012   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default All Boise State 2012 Texan Mock Draft

This article came out today- http://www.idahostatesman.com/2012/0...o-the-nfl.html so thought to myself wouldn't it be fun to make a mock draft using only one schools eligible draft prospects who not only fit Texan scheme but needs as well? So I just threw this one together, tell me what you think?

First Round: Billy Winn, Wade Phillips NT, 6030 305
Cody Island Expansion Project-

Second Round: Nate Potter, OT/OG, 6050 295
Meet your new swing tackle who can kick inside either guard position-

Third Round: Doug Martin, RB/Returner, 5090 215
Third down back in Sproles mold with return ability-

Fourth Round: Shea McClellin, DE/OLB/ILB, 6030 255
Texans add another Honey Badger-

Fifth Round: George Iloka, Safety, 6030 213
Rangy, extra-sized understudy for Manning-

Sixth Round: Kellen Moore, QB, 6005 200
Schaub/Yates/Moore-

Seventh Round: Tyler Shoemaker, WR, 6010 210
Runs a 4.4 forty with 38" vertical. Throw in FA acquisition Robert Meachem Texans don't have to even spend a high draft pick on unproven NFL talent. Out of these two plus Jeff Maehl & promising undrafted rookie Lestar Jean the group will be much improved.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Boise State 2012 Texan Mock Draft

Cool idea, I like it. It adds a different perspective on the draft. Boise St. has talent at all levels. Nice mock.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14067 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I wouldn't mind seeing a few position specific mocks, As in, every round you pick a player who plays ooooohhh OG for example. Good chance to educate the masses about numerous picks who would fit the Texans.

I've seen a few drafts having us take Rueban Randle LSU .... but I don't think I want any WRs from Louisiana for a while
Old 01-20-2012   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised if one of these guys is drafted by the Texans. Really torn between the first four picks. On one hand a penetrating DT, another a ZBS OT who could be a great LG, or all purpuse back who could led special teams then of course another animal LB wound up tighter than a Brooks Reed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Nate Potter will need to add some weight, sub 300 lbs. O-linemen can get overlooked in favor of bigger guys. At 6'05" adding some weight shouldn't be a problem for him though.

I imagine all draft prospects are entering those specialized training academies in Florida where they workout every day, getting faster stronger and bigger, and prepare for the Combine.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read