Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2012   #1
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thank you Texans for a great season!

Thank you guys! Sucks to lose but what a great season this has been!

Can't wait for September!
Old 01-15-2012   #2
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thank you Texans for a great season!

Season was too short.
Old 01-15-2012   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

yep im disappointed cos we deserved to win but very proud of the players and coaches for a great season that was derailed by injuries
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Season was too short.
Longest one in a long time...
Old 01-15-2012   #5
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Longest one in a long time...
Doesn't mean I don't haver higher expectations for the team. This loss was really disappointing because we could've won it. We just shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers.

And that JJ fumble... We lost by a TD.
Old 01-15-2012   #6
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX View Post
Thank you guys! Sucks to lose but what a great season this has been!

Can't wait for September!
cant tell you how much i hate your statement and i resent the fact that you are not angry. i will keep it civil and just say they should have won this game.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #7
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
cant tell you how much i hate your statement and i resent the fact that you are not angry. i will keep it civil and just say they should have won this game.
Shoulda woulda coulda. Resent all you want.

We played a good game but made a few huge mistakes and then didn't capitalize on their mistakes. Now I would have been angry if we had lost in Broncos fashion. But we didn't.

On to next season! Go Texans!
Old 01-15-2012   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hey man the Texns were playing with their 3rd string QB.

With a little luck - Jacoby they could've won this game.

I'm so proud of this team. Good times are ahead as long as Wade remains DC.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Finally, after all this time, the Texans have become a force to reckoned with in the NFL. I'm looking forward to next year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I. Am. Happy.

Three other AFC South teams sat on their asses today and watched us go toe-to-toe with the Ravens and almost beat them despite our own errors that dug our graves today. I hope they sat there and thought, "2012 won't be easy..."

We were laughed at, we weren't picked to win AFC South. We swept the Jags, and it got Del Rio fired. LMAO! YESSSSS!!!! We split with the other two AFC South teams, but we know we could have swept them too. Injuries was the story to this Texans team. Period. Wade and his kids gave us so much to root for. Foster maintained his elite running status. Tate is quality RB2, no doubt. All in all, guys and gals, this was a fun year. If you don't think so, you didn't see episodes 1 through 9, IMO.

Now, onto the future:

Kubiak has to hit on his Round 1 draft pick, IMO. We're drafting very late in Round 1 and Kubiak has to find that guy who shouldn't be available at our spot in Round 1 but somehow he is still there for us. At the end of today's game, a new season began for us, and that means the next big decision Kubiak makes is who he picks up in the draft...and he can't over-reach and get Round 2 talent with his Round 1 pick. He has to find that guy who makes the offense better, regardless of if that guy is an o-lineman or a WR, or a TE, or a FB, or whatever. He has to be a Round 1 guy and not Round 2 talent. Game on, Kubiak!

Texans Nation, we enter 2012 as defending AFC South champs and playoff veterans. Finally.
Old 01-15-2012   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeahhhhhhhhh Texans!!!!! Iloveyousomuchiloveyousomuch. Thank you for an awesome season!!!!!! We won and lost as a team. Nobody gets singled out. See you in late July, fellas!
Old 01-15-2012   #12
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best season YET!
Old 01-16-2012   #13
NBT
Veteran

Rep Power: 124 NBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respectedNBT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, by all means keep it civil, but would it be asking too much to expect you to also be realistic? I mean a rookie 5th round draft pick playing against a veteran, playoff experienced defense? Jacobe aside we played them a good game. I am proud of what was accomlplished this season, and look forward to what we can do next season.
NBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #14
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup, thanks for a great season. I hope our whole organization works extremely hard to make sure we build on what I consider a successful season. It was disappointing to lose, but I am proud nonetheless. Looking forward to an even better season next time around.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

A great season. The future looks even brighter.

We need to fix a few things here and there and not break the things that are already fixed. If we can do that, we're going to be a perennial contender.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Absolutely a great season. Texans went down swinging but the better team (today) won. Lots to be optimistic about I think. Plenty of things left to fix but I'll save the "rant" portion of my thoughts for another thread.

Next year we defend our AFC South title and try to get past the second round. It's nice to finally go into a season defending something other than the keys to the cellar. I think it's safe to say that a corner has been turned this year.
Old 01-15-2012   #17
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, great season. Won our division, Had our first playoff game at home and won. Should be an interesting off-season.

Congrats Texans!
Old 01-15-2012   #18
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost in the second round of the playoffs, but let's focus on what is important about this season, the Playoffs.

We have broken through that barrier and from now on, the expectations and the standards have to be raised.

Forget September, it's time to prepare for the draft.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #19
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Was a good year, lots to look forward to next year:

- Mario returning
- Our rookies are looking better.
- Drafting a stud WR to go along with AJ.. matter of fact I'd be ok with going RD1/2 on stud WR, this year is deep with good WR talent in the draft.
- QB rotation is even deeper now, feel better about if we lose Matt.
- RB position is so deep, enjoy that.
- Honestly we made need a stud FS at this point, some good ones in the draft.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012   #20
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Texans for the great ride... Disappointing of course to lose this game, but nothing to hang your head over. This game has served notice on the NFL that the Texans are for real!

LOVE YOU TEXANS!

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read