Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-29-2005   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default How much longer do we give Carr????

I wasn't sold on carr when we drafted him but I really liked his grimey play after that first year I was sold.

However I wonder how long does the franchise give him before they can say he isn't a franchise QB?

Just want ya'll thoughts don't think I'm abandoning ship here with carr. We clearly didn't help him not drafting any lineman but with Young and Mcneal coming out in two years possibly its something I think we should at least THINK about.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #2
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill
I wasn't sold on carr when we drafted him but I really liked his grimey play after that first year I was sold.

However I wonder how long does the franchise give him before they can say he isn't a franchise QB?

Just want ya'll thoughts don't think I'm abandoning ship here with carr. We clearly didn't help him not drafting any lineman but with Young and Mcneal coming out in two years possibly its something I think we should at least THINK about.
You can keep Vince Young. I can't stand 75% RB/ 25% QB. It does a real disservice to the QB position. Carr should get to start until we have a decent OL. If our OL starts to give him any amount of time and he still cannot connect, then it my be time. Right now is not the time.
Old 04-29-2005   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I give him this year and if his TDs are significantly higher than his INTs, then I think we start tapping him on the shoulder.

Does anyone think it is out of the question to expect 20 TDs and about 12 INTs this year?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #4
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I give him this year and if his TDs are significantly higher than his INTs, then I think we start tapping him on the shoulder.

Does anyone think it is out of the question to expect 20 TDs and about 12 INTs this year?
all depends on the O-Line. Carr will go as far as the O-Line takes him
Old 04-29-2005   #5
THEFUTURE
All Pro

if our line can protect like it did in passing situations in the first half of the season, we will be fine, Carr lit up teams like Minnesota most notably when he was getting time... Carr will be our QB and hopefully will retire as it, Brett Favreish hopefully, Carr can already run, 2nd in QB rushing yards, so its not like he is mollases back there in the pocket
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #6
Dime
Hall of Fame

Two more years.. If we dont make the playoffs this year, its the coaches fault, after that... its Carrs (grin). BTW.. he is a decent QB, but he throws alot of his passes behind the reciever instead of to them.
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #7
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
Two more years.. If we dont make the playoffs this year, its the coaches fault, after that... its Carrs (grin). BTW.. he is a decent QB, but he throws alot of his passes behind the reciever instead of to them.
You get more arc when you are falling backward.
Old 04-29-2005   #8
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
You get more arc when you are falling backward.
Do you mean he can see where he is throwing?
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #9
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i think 20td's and 12ints is about par with the rest of the league...i'd hope for more than 20td's but if he's throwing almost 2 td's for every 1 int that's pretty good...you also have to look at him completion percentage...if he's around 64% he's doing pretty good...if he's QB rating is around 80 he's doing great...personally i didn't see a lot of problems with carr last year...i saw a lot of problems with inconsitant play around him...with the o-line and our running game...i think we have the recievers in place for him we just need better pass protection and a more consitant running game...cause if morency and davis can average 4.1 yds a carry...then carr's QB rating will go from 75ish to 82ish
Old 04-29-2005   #10
jagsfanincanada
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
if our line can protect like it did in passing situations in the first half of the season, we will be fine, Carr lit up teams like Minnesota most notably when he was getting time... Carr will be our QB and hopefully will retire as it, Brett Favreish hopefully, Carr can already run, 2nd in QB rushing yards, so its not like he is mollases back there in the pocket
It's not too hard to light up Minnesota...well at least it wasn't last year.
jagsfanincanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #11
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Carr was doing a great job until AJ started to get doubled covered every game and he started to depend on DD to much. If Joppru can stay healthly Carr will finally have his break out season.
Old 04-29-2005   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

We give him until he stops getting better. He has gotten better every year so far.

How long should we give DD?

How long should we give AJ?

How long should we give Dunta?

What is the point in questioning good players and wondering how long we should give them before we start trying to replace them?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #13
sulli60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill

I love Vince Young and McNeal, but these guys aren't even a lock to get drafted (day 1 or day 2). Vince may need to switch to receiver like Matt Jones in the NFL.
sulli60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #14
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i think the more important question is how much longer do we sit on this o-line and zone blocking scheme...mckinny struggles against bigger DT's...wiegert has yet to stay healthy for a whole season here in houston...and don't get me started on our o-line depth
Old 04-29-2005   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I agree for the most part here with what everyone is saying.

I'm quite upset that we didn't do a better job addressing our line in the draft for Carr after a failed attempt at O Pace. Clearly if you are going after him you should do something more than a 5th round Center.

As far as a TE I'm so not depending on Joppru to breakout other than to break something else.

What happen to the Palmer that opened up with a DEEP BOMB on the first play against the cowboys. This conservative stuff is killing me. Let Carr OPEN up the offense some dang.
Texas_Thrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005   #16
TexFan58
Rookie

Carr is not the problem, our offense last season did pretty good, IT"S the defense that let us down, when the defense can shut down offenses then that will give Carr and Crew the chance to shine, But that to might be a problem with Palmer running the offense. I hope that the speed and youth on defense can pull it together this season or we will have the same thing as we did last season.
TexFan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #17
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

3 more years
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Another lame thread!!! Gezzzzzzzzzz!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #19
rdbrem
Rookie

Default Pocket Presence

With our O-line, the cheerleadrs had bigger pockets than Carr last season
rdbrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005   #20
texan2061
Rookie

If he does not prove himself this season, it's time to start looking for another quarterback. Also, if the Texans does not have a winning season this season, it's time for Capers to go.
texan2061 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read