Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-14-2011   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texans are stepping on team's throats

I didn't get to watch the last two games due to being out of town and on a fishing trip, but I finally got to watch yesterday so I was very eager to watch my team that had been on a winning streak.

They're finally closing teams out early and holding onto two possession leads and stomping on team's throats the way a winning team does. They have to continue with this attitude though. The running game is looking fantastic, and it's going to be very hard to stop this offense when AJ returns.

The biggest and most exciting thing to see though is this defense and how scary they are. They have yet to even hit their full potential with these young guys as well.

And another thing to mention is that the Texans are now doing what they've never been able to do in the past which is to win "despite their injuries." AJ and Mario go down and they're still 7-3. They have found a way to adapt to what they have and make it work with other guys. That is something we've never seen any Texans do when they lost key players and may of us have complained about and criticized them for. Now they're finally playing through those problems and working through it.

Kudos to the team right now. 7-3 is nice!!

"Edit" I SEE THAT I MADE A TYPO ERROR ON THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD. IF ONE OF THE MODS COULD PLEASE FIX THE WORD "STEEPING" TO STEPPING, I'D APPRECIATE IT. THANKS.

Last edited by Texecutioner; 11-14-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: The Texans are steeping on team's throats

I am not seeing the usual hate on Gary? What is really going on here?
Old 11-14-2011   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Winning
Old 11-14-2011   #4
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why would there be when the Texans have just decisively won the last 3 games?? No one has ever hated on Kubiak just to hate on him because he is a white man or because he has brown hair or because his last name starts with a K. He has been heavily criticized in the past because the Texans have found horrific ways to lose games for 5 straight years and because of a lot of bad decisions. He should have been fired a year or two ago. He wasn't, and he is still here and fans have to deal with that. They're playing very good football right now though and they're decisively beating teams and not finding ways to keep a team around to let them steal a win in the 4th quarter. Why would the HC get criticized when that is happening in a winning streak??
Old 11-14-2011   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He should have been fired a year or two ago. He wasn't, and he is still here and fans have to deal with that.
I never understood the desire to fire him after our first & only (to date) winning season.

Just to say that tells you where the franchise was.

If you think they underachieved in 2008, then again in 2009, I understand putting him on the hotseat, but to fire him, I'm just not getting it, especially since he delivered a non-losing season & a winning season in those years.

Fire him after 2010, makes sense to me. Not only did they underachieve, not only did they have a losing season, but they fielded a historically poor pass defense.
Old 11-14-2011   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I never understood the desire to fire him after our first & only (to date) winning season.

Just to say that tells you where the franchise was.

If you think they underachieved in 2008, then again in 2009, I understand putting him on the hotseat, but to fire him, I'm just not getting it, especially since he delivered a non-losing season & a winning season in those years.

Fire him after 2010, makes sense to me. Not only did they underachieve, not only did they have a losing season, but they fielded a historically poor pass defense.
That was his worst display of coaching in his entire history here. Gary single handily kept the team out of the playoffs by sticking Chris Brown the RB in there to screw 3 games at the end when Brown had done nothing positive in any of those games to get the confidence to "close the game." We also had the kicker lose two games for us and Gary wouldn't even try out new kickers in practice. He just let Kris Brown continue to kick when he was struggling. But the fact that Chris Brown the RB was pushed in during games where he fumbled on the GL like twice and threw a pick to lose 3 games was simply awful coaching that year.

That isn't the point though. Gary didn't get fired and he is still here now. Nothing can be done about that. This was a thread started to commend how the team is playing and you guys that constantly complain about threads involving the HC being fired or not are doing just that and bringing up the discussion to debate all over again. You guys are always complaining when fans are criticizing the team after multiple bad performances, but in reality you guys are whiny at other posters whether they're complimenting the team or whether they're criticizing the team. A huge complaint about this franchise over the years has been about how they couldn't step on a team's throat when they had a decent lead or when they had control of a game, and they're starting to show that now. Let folks celebrate it and enjoy some of the positive things they're seeing that have never been existent with this franchise. They're in a good place for the time being, and that's what's being talked about here.
Old 11-14-2011   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This was a thread started to commend how the team is playing and you guys that constantly complain about threads involving the HC being fired or not are doing just that and bringing up the discussion to debate all over again.
Not me.... If you want to discuss it, I'm game. I don't complain about the threads people start.... free country & all.
Quote:
You guys are always complaining when fans are criticizing the team after multiple bad performances, but in reality you guys are whiny at other posters whether they're complimenting the team or whether they're criticizing the team.
It's really difficult to keep track of individual posters & their pet peeves, I get that.
Quote:
A huge complaint about this franchise over the years has been about how they couldn't step on a team's throat when they had a decent lead or when they had control of a game, and they're starting to show that now.
Not really. We could have scored 40+ yesterday, but we decided not to. We tried to be as "nice" as we could, the Bucs just gave up.
Quote:
Let folks celebrate it and enjoy some of the positive things they're seeing that have never been existent with this franchise. They're in a good place for the time being, and that's what's being talked about here.
Why? You guys didn't let me celebrate 9-7, why in the world should I let you celebrate 7-3.
Old 11-14-2011   #8
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Me either!

Signed,

Larry Dierker
Old 11-14-2011   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

On the bright side, we can stop "wondering" if Kubiak will be back next season. Losing Schaub.. guarantees he'll be back.
Old 11-14-2011   #10
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 418 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we lose to Atlanta in three weeks there will be people on this board who will want to fire Gary, again.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
If we lose to Atlanta in three weeks there will be people on this board who will want to fire Gary, again.
Any loss this will happen.
Old 11-14-2011   #12
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If they lose in a horrific stupid fascion like they have in multiple games for several years than why wouldn't there be a criticism of coaching if there were coaching blunders existing?? That doesn't mean that everyone would scream to have someone fired in a good season over all. Your post is over the top and it's silly. People have screamed for the coach to be fired because he has had 5 straight unsuccessful seasons, so get back to reality. All HC's catch criticism when they have bad days or make really bad decisions that cost their team games. Did you somehow miss the Saints and Falcons game yesterday?? It was televised out here. Did you miss all of the criticism the Falcons HC got for that awful decision he made that cost his team the game?? He has been a great HC since he has been there, but he still got criticized because that was a coaching error. Drop the over the top comments here. This is a thread to commend how the team is playing and the changes that are taking place currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Any loss this will happen.
My last post refers to you as well. This is bullshit. Fans weren't clamoring to have the HC fired in his first two seasons just because of a loss. You've seen a ton of that over the last 3 seasons because of multiple failures that had a lot to do with coaching. If you lose consistently when expectations were pretty high and continue to find ways to lose, than it gets mentioned and talked about. If you start winning decisively on a "consistent basis" than fans don't freak out after every loss because they see more consistency that they can feel confident about going forward. When Kubiak can show long term consistency, than fans won't freak out as much after a bad loss. In his history he has shown a consistency to find a way to lose games, so that's exactly why fans have been eager to want a guy gone when that's been the majority of outcomes in his tenure.
Old 11-14-2011   #13
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wade has been the savior for this team this season. I think the true test will come if/when the defense has an awful game and we lose because of it. Luckily, right now we have the ability to overcome a stagnant performance on either side of the ball, but to the best of my knowledge I can't remember a bad game by the defense. It's been good enough to where the front seven can cover up the back's mistakes, or vise versa.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Wade has been the savior for this team this season. I think the true test will come if/when the defense has an awful game and we lose because of it. Luckily, right now we have the ability to overcome a stagnant performance on either side of the ball, but to the best of my knowledge I can't remember a bad game by the defense. It's been good enough to where the front seven can cover up the back's mistakes, or vise versa.
How many points did they give up in the 4th quarter to the Aints ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011   #15
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
It's surprising they've only done that once in 10 games, rather than
10 times in 10 games like they have in previous years.
Old 11-15-2011   #16
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

You got me there. At least that was in the beginning of the season. Good time to take their lumps.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess you missed Texecutioners signature .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Default Re: The Texans are stepping on team's throats

Quote:

"Edit" I SEE THAT I MADE A TYPO ERROR ON THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD. IF ONE OF THE MODS COULD PLEASE FIX THE WORD "STEEPING" TO STEPPING, I'D APPRECIATE IT. THANKS.
Click on "Edit" to edit the post, then click on "Go advanced" to edit the Title.
Old 11-14-2011   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait...what? No more steeping on throats? Just when I get the water boiling for the tea.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #20
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wait...what? No more steeping on throats? Just when I get the water boiling for the tea.
Riiiiight...
the only tea you ever drink is Long Island Tea
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read