Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 10-24-2011   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Respect from the Jags??

Thought I'd drop in on their forum, since ours has been quiet since about 2:45 pm yesterday.

I was surprised to see this thread: They are who we thought they were
Quote:
Dakota' timestamp
Did anyone really think the stinking tacks would hang with the Texans? They were who they thought they were. Even without Andre to lay a swift and decisive beat-down on "finnewhimp" it was a complete annihilation.

I'm sure some of the tack trolls will come along to whine and cry about how their team got screwed some way or another, but the simple truth is that the stinking tacks just can't beat anyone of substance.

They were who we knew they were.

-
Old 10-25-2011   #2
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Respect from the Jags??

Yes, The Texans are a good team and always play the Jags tuff. It's a good rivalry This game is big for both teams...if the Jags win, they are back into the hunt for the division. If the Texans win, makes the division that much easier.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
Yes, The Texans are a good team and always play the Jags tuff. It's a good rivalry This game is big for both teams...if the Jags win, they are back into the hunt for the division. If the Texans win, makes the division that much easier.
Great win for you guys against the Ravens.

I expect this to be a tough, hard-fought game. Your defense was rocking against the Ravens. Hopefully, our receivers will get more separation than those Ravens receivers did and our line will open bigger seams. I think that's what the entire game is going to come down to: can your D stop our O.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #4
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Great win for you guys against the Ravens.

I expect this to be a tough, hard-fought game. Your defense was rocking against the Ravens. Hopefully, our receivers will get more separation than those Ravens receivers did and our line will open bigger seams. I think that's what the entire game is going to come down to: can your D stop our O.
Exactly. We'll see what happens Sunday. You guys will be rocking w/the Battle Red. Should be a fun game to watch.
Old 10-25-2011   #5
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly. We'll see what happens Sunday. You guys will be rocking w/the Battle Red. Should be a fun game to watch.
Man, I was seriously impressed by your team's D last night. I'm not gonna lie, I thought you guys were going to get destroyed. I'm not saying that the Raven have an explosive O, but they are a decent offensive team. Ray Rice is no slouch, and you guys SHUT. HIM. DOWN.

Hopefully we'll be able to run better than the Raven did, because that really is our bread & butter. It's going to be nice having Andre & Casey both back this week and that should also not allow you guys to stack the box against us.

Glad you guys won, that was a tough fought game. My only concern with a game like that was how much did it take out of your team? That appeared to be a battle and having played on Monday night, it kind of gives your team a short week to heal up and go again. (I'm not complaining, lol!)

Here's to a healthy game for both teams and a WIN for the Texans....
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #6
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
Man, I was seriously impressed by your team's D last night. I'm not gonna lie, I thought you guys were going to get destroyed. I'm not saying that the Raven have an explosive O, but they are a decent offensive team. Ray Rice is no slouch, and you guys SHUT. HIM. DOWN.

Hopefully we'll be able to run better than the Raven did, because that really is our bread & butter. It's going to be nice having Andre & Casey both back this week and that should also not allow you guys to stack the box against us.

Glad you guys won, that was a tough fought game. My only concern with a game like that was how much did it take out of your team? That appeared to be a battle and having played on Monday night, it kind of gives your team a short week to heal up and go again. (I'm not complaining, lol!)

Here's to a healthy game for both teams and a WIN for the Texans....
Well, I think the Jags Defense will be OK/set Sunday...they have been great all season. They have only allowed 7 points in 6 quarters vs Steelers and Ravens! I think, the game will rest on the horrible Jags Offense, which will play into the Texans Defense hands. It's gonna be a much better game than that blow out vs Titans, last week. Which is always awesome, to blow out those Titans!
Old 10-25-2011   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hope it's a wake-up call, I hope it peeved them to high hell. I hope it upsets them (as much as it upsets me) that the Jags & Titans beat a team that they couldn't.

It speaks (imo) to that softness, that mental softness, that ability to finish games.

I hope for another statement game.
I think it says that the Ravens are a different team at home than they are on the road. They've beaten some good teams at their place (Pit & NYJ) while losing to teams they should have beaten handily on the road (Jac & Ten).

Quote:
This game will likely come down to how Houston runs the ball. If Jacksonville can stop the run the way they did against Baltimore than they have a good shot for an upset. I think it will be a lot more difficult doing it on the road for them, though, and can see Foster having a good day running the ball.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2011   #8
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

If the Jags can't stop Foster...Texans roll big time. I think you'll see a Jags Defense that is built to stuff the run and pass...maybe the best LB core in the NFL Sessions, Poz, D. Smith.

here's the latest stats on the Defense:

RUN DEFENSE - they are ranked # 10 allowing 103.4 yards per game
PASS DEFENSE - ranked # 6 allowing 196.3 yards per game

Sacks - 19th in the league with 14 sacks

Pretty good backs they are shutting down:

Week 1 - Chris Johnson 24 yards
Week 2 - Shonn Greene 49 yards
Week 3 - Jonathon Stewart 59 yards
Week 4 - Sproles 75, Ingram 55 yards
Week 5 - Cedric Benson 53 yards
Week 6 - Mendenhall 146 yards (108 in the first 20 mins)
Week 7 - Ray Rice 28 yards

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read