Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 10-21-2011   #1
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Survivor pool advice

I'm going into week 7 into a survivor pool with 230 other people and I am one of the eight still alive. This week poses a problem though. I don't want to use a team like the Packers or Saints just yet, but there is a lot of even games. I'm thinking about going with Denver over Miami, just looking for some suggestions.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Survivor pool advice

What teams have you picked so far?

I'm going with Dallas in mine this week.
Old 10-21-2011   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX View Post
I'm going into week 7 into a survivor pool with 230 other people and I am one of the eight still alive. This week poses a problem though. I don't want to use a team like the Packers or Saints just yet, but there is a lot of even games. I'm thinking about going with Denver over Miami, just looking for some suggestions.
I do like Denver in that game to win but I wouldn't pick them if you have other options. Considering you don't want to pick Green Bay or New Orleans, there are four other games I like way more than Denver.

Dallas is at home playing St Louis. It seems like a safe bet since they're at home against a team that has yet to win a game, however the fact that 45% of people are picking them is reminding me of the Giants game a couple weeks ago. I'm personally staying away from this game.

Game two is Oakland over KC. Oakland is at home with one of the top rushing attacks in the game. I simply like Oakland at home better than I do Denver on the road.

The game I'm going with this week is Baltimore over Jacksonville. I usually tend to stay away from Monday night games because teams don't like to get embarrassed on the national stage and the game will be @Jac, but Jacksonville's offense hasn't been good this year and they're going against a pretty good defense. Baltimore should be able to win this game easily by double digits.

The fourth game I like a lot less than those three but would still go with it over Denver, and that would be Pittsburgh on the road over Arizona. Arizona is 1-4 and have lost already to teams like Seattle & Minnesota. Pittsburgh should be able to handle them easily.

Of course I don't know if you've picked these teams yet or not, so knowing who you've picked so far would help.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a bit interested in who you ended up going with.
Old 10-23-2011   #5
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

I ended up going with the Broncos, which was looking very stupid up until the last 3 minutes of the game! I was going to go Cowboys, but already picked them. I almost also picked Oakland, but it was locked before I could change it. Good thing! Looks like luck played a good part this week for me!
Old 10-23-2011   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
I ended up going with the Broncos, which was looking very stupid up until the last 3 minutes of the game! I was going to go Cowboys, but already picked them. I almost also picked Oakland, but it was locked before I could change it. Good thing! Looks like luck played a good part this week for me!
Yeah, we have a survivor league on one site I'm on, that we reset after somebody wins. I've gone 0-3.

Next time I'm picking TN so they lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #7
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Yeah, we have a survivor league on one site I'm on, that we reset after somebody wins. I've gone 0-3.

Next time I'm picking TN so they lose.
After this week is over we are going to have 5 left. It depends on the Ravens game, it could be down to 4 if the Ravens lose. The winner of it gets to meet and have lunch with Ben Tate and Brian Cushing!
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2011   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
After this week is over we are going to have 5 left. It depends on the Ravens game, it could be down to 4 if the Ravens lose. The winner of it gets to meet and have lunch with Ben Tate and Brian Cushing!
That's awesome. The winner of the 1st round (which was over in week 1, almost everyone picked KC over BUF I think) got a $50 best buy card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Good deal, man! I know I mentioned going with Oakland earlier in this thread but some of the advice I mentioned would have changed around 11:00 AM today. The Dallas game would have been an easier pick since Bradford was ruled out after I posted, and I would have listed Oakland behind Pittsburgh since they didn't have their starting QB listed at the noon deadline. I sure wasn't expecting that performance from Oakland this week though.
Old 10-24-2011   #10
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Good deal, man! I know I mentioned going with Oakland earlier in this thread but some of the advice I mentioned would have changed around 11:00 AM today. The Dallas game would have been an easier pick since Bradford was ruled out after I posted, and I would have listed Oakland behind Pittsburgh since they didn't have their starting QB listed at the noon deadline. I sure wasn't expecting that performance from Oakland this week though.
I went back and looked at my picks and I saw that I already used the Saints actually, and the Steelers as well.

So far I have gone:

Week 1 - San Francisco
Week 2 - Dallas
Week 3 - Detroit
Week 4 - New Orleans
Week 5 - San Diego
Week 6 - Pittsburgh
Week 7 - Denver

I am in a lot better shape though than most of the people left in terms of teams picked.
Old 10-24-2011   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say your best option this week is Baltimore at home over Arizona. If you want to save them, go with Houston over Jacksonville. Although I like Houston over Cleveland the following week. Then Philly against Arizona the week after that, and the Patriots play KC after that. That should be 4 easy picks right there.
Old 10-23-2011   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hope you went with that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read