Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2011   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Where are all the Chris Myers threads?

It seems we couldn't talk about him enough when he first got here. Nowadays there is barely any mention of him him. I wonder what happened...
Old 10-03-2011   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where are all the Chris Myers threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
It seems we couldn't talk about him enough when he first got here. Nowadays there is barely any mention of him him. I wonder what happened...
Wait a couple weeks. Haloti Ngata will get the town talking about Myers
again.
Old 10-03-2011   #3
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

He put his hand on our mouths
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
He put his hand on our mouths
Is "Chris Myers illegal hands to the face" the new "Antonio Smith offsides"?
Old 10-03-2011   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are about 9 months too late, everybody agreed he was good around the end of last season.

Hell even I started a thread.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...rs#post1625782
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
You are about 9 months too late, everybody agreed he was good around the end of last season.

Hell even I started a thread.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...rs#post1625782
Yeah , he shut us all up last season ..... it was either the ankle injury or the guy sucking balls next to him .... dont know which but since he got healthy and got a better player next to him , he looks solid.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #7
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think I'm out of line when I say he has been a top 5 center for the last 20 games.
Old 10-04-2011   #8
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I feel like an ***** for being so wrong about him a while back (good thing I'm not a coach...). I really thought he was the weakest part of our OL and needed to be replaced. Clearly, he's been doing an excellent job recently. I'm still not sure if my earlier impressions were just mistaken, or if he has actually improved that much (probably some of both).
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #9
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm coming round to the opinion that its all about each unit as a whole.

Each previous season I've been watching the Texans (since around 04, when I first got into football) they have been really weak at various positions and its rubbed off poorly on other players around them.

I look at KJax this season, and, OK, good QB's are still able to pick on him, but because of those around him, it isn't costing us games every week. The D-line, well we all knew we had some great talent there, but it never translated to any pass rush much until the unit as a whole got to a good level.

It works the other way round too, how about how productive Kevin Walter has been because of have AJ across from him and OD in the slot, he isn't all that good in himself beyond being a good route runner and having safe hands.

Its the same with Myers, he looks elite against non-elite DT's and such, because the unit around him is improved. That said, if you have a proven problem where his physical 'type' cannot hold up against the bigger, better DT's in this league, why not slide someone like Caldwell over to C for those games and give yourself a chance?
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #10
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Where are all the Chris Myers threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Yeah, I feel like an ***** for being so wrong about him a while back (good thing I'm not a coach...). I really thought he was the weakest part of our OL and needed to be replaced. Clearly, he's been doing an excellent job recently. I'm still not sure if my earlier impressions were just mistaken, or if he has actually improved that much (probably some of both).
Fact. (on all accounts)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012   #11
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
In 2009 he suffered a high ankle sprain in practice before the Week 1 game against the Jets. He played the entire 2009 season injured.

Based on 2010 & 2011 seasons, I would say the injury degrade his play significantly in 2009.
Old 10-04-2011   #12
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Now if Eric Winston could raise HIS game that much..........
Winston had some mistakes against Mathis and Wake, but both of those guys are really good.

He played pretty clean the last two weeks. He should be fine.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
noxiousdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I always thought this was one of the best trades Kubiak has done. Has always outperformed that 6th round pick and has developed into the centerpiece of our o-line (pun intended).
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #14
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that Myers has really been a stellar center now for us. While I am sure he has improved and the talent around him has definitely improved, I think a lot more of it had to do with negative perception than negative play. I think a lot of people just remember the 1 play where Kris Jenkins ran over Myers, but there is a reason everyone else double teamed that guy.

The ZBS is usually run by undersized lineman that can move, as it prefers the ability to get out and run over size. However, that means that when you have some monstrous human being (aka Jenkins) and you blow the blocking assignment (no way Kubiak planned Myers to solo block him) and leave your small-ish center alone, he is going to be made to look like a fool.
Old 10-04-2011   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I agree that Myers has really been a stellar center now for us. While I am sure he has improved and the talent around him has definitely improved, I think a lot more of it had to do with negative perception than negative play. I think a lot of people just remember the 1 play where Kris Jenkins ran over Myers, but there is a reason everyone else double teamed that guy.

The ZBS is usually run by undersized lineman that can move, as it prefers the ability to get out and run over size. However, that means that when you have some monstrous human being (aka Jenkins) and you blow the blocking assignment (no way Kubiak planned Myers to solo block him) and leave your small-ish center alone, he is going to be made to look like a fool.
OK, what if a D had TWO D-Linemen that big???

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #16
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Where are all the Chris Myers threads?
Probably the same place as the "FORGET THE SCRIPT STUPIDAK!!!" threads.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011   #17
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235987 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Item #2: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85589
Old 10-04-2011   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Chris Myers ability to overcome being the official scapegoat of th Texans' OL troubles gives me slight hope that Kareem Jackson can also overcome.
Old 01-19-2012   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

After Chris Myers being named to the Pro-bowl, Here are some to reflect upon.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ht=chris+myers

(I tried to defend the dude, but had several posters calling my reasoning, excuses and such. :P

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

as far as all the other threads(I know there were some "I told you so" threads that were floating a round
Hell yes I bashed him. He got posterized by Jenkins at the time(his job was to protect this QB and Schaub could have gotten killed) and not only that, but the Texans were notorious of getting stopped on short yardage situations. I think some of the pissed off posts were justified at that time.(along with other offensive linemen). I think my posts were directed at Chris the football player and not the human being. I don't recall being that pissed off that I went person.. that isn't my style,but who knows in the heat of battle on game day

With that said. CONGRATULATIONS to Chris, it is freaking awesome and glad the Texans got some coaching in here help develop the players

It is freaking awesome that he is our first Pro Bowl offensive lineman (Duane Brown will have his day)

I do hope we can and do re-sign him
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read