Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 09-20-2011   #1
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts fans are jumping off the bandwagon

Quote:
It really isnít hyperbole to say that there hasnít been a bigger jumping off a team bandwagon in sports history than Colts fansí collective reaction to the can of whoop-ass the Houston Texans opened up on their team in Week 1.
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...olts-bandwagon

The end of an era? Probably...I don't see Peyton ever returning to his old self.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts fans are jumping off the bandwagon

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Chumps! Welcome to our world, Colts fan!

Lots of respect for Manning, but I don't feel sorry for the Colts in the slightest. I'd just as soon see them in the cellar for the next decade. Football is brutal in that regard.
Old 09-20-2011   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After all, there hasnít been a single athlete in my lifetime who has been more important to their team as Manning is to the Colts. Some would argue that LeBron James was more important to the Cavs, but my counterargument is that Manning actually brought Indianapolis a Super Bowl title while the only things LeBron brought to Cleveland were a receding hairline, betrayal, and a propensity to routinely waste a significant amount of powdered chalk. Others might argue that Michael Jordan was more important to the Toon Squad than Manning is to the Colts, but to be honest Iím not completely sold that Space Jam was actually a true story. (If you look closely at the scene where Jordan goes for the game-winning dunk, you can tell that his arm stretches out further than any human arm should ever be able to stretch ó thatís a dead giveaway that itís fake.) Simply put, for a lot of us fair-weather Colts fans, the Colts without Manning really arenít even the Colts at all. So I think weíre entirely justified in not exactly being gung-ho about cheering for Indianapolis this season. It really is like weíre watching a completely different team even though theyíre essentially only missing one guy.

I particularly enjoyed this bit. Nice find.
Old 09-20-2011   #4
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31247 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I particularly enjoyed this bit. Nice find.
That was awesome!
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

My favorite part:

Quote:
Here’s more evidence of Colts fans struggling to comprehend their team’s demise: My brother attended Sunday’s game at Lucas Oil Stadium. In the fourth quarter, he called me and said a fight had just broken out between two Indianapolis fans who were nearby. According to my brother, the guy who instigated the fight had been cursing at fellow Colts fans for cheering on the Indianapolis defense only during 3rd downs, and remaining virtually silent during 1st and 2nd downs. I guess the other guy in the fight didn’t take too kindly to getting cussed out just because he wasn’t wasting his time and energy yelling in support of a defense that has given up over 30 points per game this season. One thing lead to another and before you could say “Mike Vanderjagt’s frosted tips,” these two guys were throwing down in fisticuffs simply because they forgot what it was like to support a losing football team.
I'd say that I don't want to engage in bit of schadenfreude, but I'd be lying.
Old 09-20-2011   #6
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3018 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Its the Texans time to shine...and kick the **** out of the Colts for the next decade.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope the Texans are in a position to lay down for the Colts in week 16. They need a couple of wins to get them away from drafting Luck...
Old 09-20-2011   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Others might argue that Michael Jordan was more important to the Toon Squad than Manning is to the Colts, but to be honest Iím not completely sold that Space Jam was actually a true story. (If you look closely at the scene where Jordan goes for the game-winning dunk, you can tell that his arm stretches out further than any human arm should ever be able to stretch ó thatís a dead giveaway that itís fake.)
ITS REAL DAMMIT ITS REAL!!! Don't take away my childhood!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read