Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-12-2011   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

How would fans react? I don't know how to create poll but I think many would be "ho hum" and want to see how he does. Others like me would be estatic. I think others would complain at how much he costs & demand a Super Bowl.

Where do you line up?
Old 06-12-2011   #2
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5006 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If CB Nnamdis Asomugha signed Texans

If your ho-hum with nnamdi then you're crazy.
Old 06-12-2011   #3
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I'm in the same boat as you.

Just a player of Awesome-wah's calibur will turn this secondary from suspect to formidable if not better. We'll see.
Old 06-12-2011   #4
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: If CB Nnamdis Asomugha signed Texans

Pretty sure I'd strip my cloths off and run naked around my house, If not the street!!
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Pretty sure I'd strip my cloths off and run naked around my house, If not the street!!
News at eleven. "do you know where wolf is and what he is doing?"
Old 06-12-2011   #6
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd flip. the freak. out.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

I'm sorry, but I don't feel the majoritiy of fans would be "Ho Hum" on this one..... it's the difference between the same old BS, and a Super Bowl imo.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2011   #8
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
News at eleven. "do you know where wolf is and what he is doing?"

Hey my body is a Wonderland!!
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post

Hey my body is a Wonderland!!
Wait until you get to be my age and you'll probably need a wonder bra.

Old 06-13-2011   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If he signs we should throw a party at Reliant with Aso, AJ and Mario celebrating our big 3! Then we can let Aso tell us how we're gonna win not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 Super Bowls!!!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!
Old 06-13-2011   #11
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If he signs we should throw a party at Reliant with Aso, AJ and Mario celebrating our big 3! Then we can let Aso tell us how we're gonna win not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 Super Bowls!!!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!
Screw that, The whole team, cant leave Foster out, so bring them all.
Old 06-24-2011   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
How would fans react? I don't know how to create poll but I think many would be "ho hum" and want to see how he does. Others like me would be estatic. I think others would complain at how much he costs & demand a Super Bowl.

Where do you line up?
I can't imagine anyone who claims to be a fan of this game & the Texans being ho-hum about Nmandi & Wade...

Just Wade, I can see it.

Just Nmandi.... maybe.

But both?

Then you throw in the draft, & we've got a Ti-Vecta
Old 06-25-2011   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can't imagine anyone who claims to be a fan of this game & the Texans being ho-hum about Nmandi & Wade...

Just Wade, I can see it.

Just Nmandi.... maybe.

But both?

TK there are posters who I think would be glad to get Asomugha but would then say, "Well, it doesn't guarantee a SB so McNair has to do more."
Old 06-26-2011   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TK there are posters who I think would be glad to get Asomugha but would then say, "Well, it doesn't guarantee a SB so McNair has to do more."
Agreed

If they didn't make the playoffs after signing Aso Billionaire BoBBY would have to fire Rick and Gary?

Nah, they are GM/HC for life. Or until their contracts run out. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Just Wade, I can see it.

Just Nmandi.... maybe.

But both?

The Texans need to win (10 plus and the playoffs) for me to get excited. Phillips or not. Nmandi or not. Draft or not. Individual moves don't matter much, bottomline results do.
Old 06-25-2011   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The Texans need to win (10 plus and the playoffs) for me to get excited. Phillips or not. Nmandi or not. Draft or not. Individual moves don't matter much, bottomline results do.
Well there you go and thank you for admitting it.
Old 06-26-2011   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well there you go and thank you for admitting it.
Just for clarification:

Do I like the chances of the Texans chances of being good with Wade more than any of the previous DCs? Of course, he has a clear record of being able to put together good ( not great) NFL defenses.

Do I like the chances of the Texans being good with Nnamdi than with any other free agent corner back? Of course, he has been either the best or 2nd best CB in the league by all accounts for the last 5 years or so. Still how much has he helped Oakland's bottonmline as a team?

Do I like the overall draft of the Texans? Yes, but they are rookies and expecting them to be better than people who have at least proven they stay on an NFL roster is always shaky. I am hoping but that's all.

Until the Texans break their mediocore overall behavior, there is not a reason for me to expect more than some teasing at goodness and mediocore results. This dude or that move can't override multiple years of the same darn thing under Smithiak. More hopeful, yes. Actually excited, no.
Old 06-26-2011   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just for clarification:

Do I like the chances of the Texans chances of being good with Wade more than any of the previous DCs? Of course, he has a clear record of being able to put together good ( not great) NFL defenses.

Do I like the chances of the Texans being good with Nnamdi than with any other free agent corner back? Of course, he has been either the best or 2nd best CB in the league by all accounts for the last 5 years or so. Still how much has he helped Oakland's bottonmline as a team?

Do I like the overall draft of the Texans? Yes, but they are rookies and expecting them to be better than people who have at least proven they stay on an NFL roster is always shaky. I am hoping but that's all.

Until the Texans break their mediocore overall behavior, there is not a reason for me to expect more than some teasing at goodness and mediocore results. This dude or that move can't override multiple years of the same darn thing under Smithiak. More hopeful, yes. Actually excited, no.
Exactly. Totally agree.

Sung to the tune of Aretha Franklin's "Respect"....

R-E-S-U-L-T-S...

That is the big ultimate test.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Just for clarification:

Well there you go and thanks for admitting it. If we sign ASO I will much more than greatly excited and that would be before down one.
Old 06-26-2011   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I'll be watching & rooting for the Texans next season. It's what I do. However, if it weren't for the Wade Phillips acquisition, & the defense heavy draft, I'd have little reason to believe next year would be different.

So I'm already excited & if we sign Nmandi, I'll be extremely excited.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read