Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-08-2010   #1
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TEXANS heart and soul!

I rarely buy the Houston Chronicle anymore, but, happened to be in the Velero a while ago and saw the pic on the front page. I think a lot of us, myself included, have questioned our players passion for the game. I don't feel that way anymore. That pic caught me right in my old ticker and made me even MORE of the opinion that our disappointment, heartache, anger, etc, lies right at the feet of our Head Coach!! I wish Bob McNair had the guts to do what Jerry Jones just did. Start over NOW, because our players deserve someone who knows what the hell they are doing, and Kubiak does not fit that role!! They deserve better, as well as the fans!! JMO!

I'm still a little on the slow side when it comes to posting links, so if someone wants to pull it up and post the pic, I would appreciate it. Foster and Dressen both look just like the rest of us feel! Really sad!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TEXANS heart and soul!

Kubiak live at 3:30 p.m. CT lets see how he approaches things. Players still have to execute, doesn't seem like they're quitting on him like Cowboys did to Wade its more like what can go wrong does go wrong

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #3
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys quit on a puppet coach
Old 11-08-2010   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Kubiak live at 3:30 p.m. CT lets see how he approaches things. Players still have to execute, doesn't seem like they're quitting on him like Cowboys did to Wade its more like what can go wrong does go wrong
He just admitted that the QB sneak was a mistake and that he wishes he had it back. Apparently, he didn't know he needed a whole yard.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #5
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He just admitted that the QB sneak was a mistake and that he wishes he had it back. Apparently, he didn't know he needed a whole yard.
That would require him knowing what the F is going on out there on the field.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Down and distance being a thing you would expect a head coach to be aware of. God I hate watching this man learn how to become a head coach in the NFL one mistake at a time.
Old 11-08-2010   #7
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Down and distance being a thing you would expect a head coach to be aware of. God I hate watching this man learn how to become a head coach in the NFL one mistake at a time.
Not knowing how much we needed on that play is an inexcusable mistake. The first thing EVERYBODY who was watching that game thought right away was how much further did we need for the first. You don't need HC experience to figure that one out.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2010   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How this man keeps his job is beyond my comprehension. Seriously, a fifth year head coach in the NFL doesn't have a freakin' clue about situational awareness???

Sort of like last week when he admitted that he does not look a play ahead when calling a 3rd and 2.
Old 11-08-2010   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea what the Chomicle would have on the front page, unless they put something like this up (with yesterdays date on it)
Derek Lee put the last date on it a week or so ago )

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #10
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

I belive this it what you're looking for:

TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I rarely buy the Houston Chronicle anymore, but, happened to be in the Velero a while ago and saw the pic on the front page. I think a lot of us, myself included, have questioned our players passion for the game. I don't feel that way anymore. That pic caught me right in my old ticker and made me even MORE of the opinion that our disappointment, heartache, anger, etc, lies right at the feet of our Head Coach!! I wish Bob McNair had the guts to do what Jerry Jones just did. Start over NOW, because our players deserve someone who knows what the hell they are doing, and Kubiak does not fit that role!! They deserve better, as well as the fans!! JMO!

I'm still a little on the slow side when it comes to posting links, so if someone wants to pull it up and post the pic, I would appreciate it. Foster and Dressen both look just like the rest of us feel! Really sad!
I looked for the article but did not find what you saw. Sorry I could not help with the link if it was today's Chronicle. I stopped my subscription recently after many years.
Old 11-08-2010   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is no excuse, but I'm in the camp that Foster wouldn't have gotten it either, because I believe the run-blocking was really that bad the whole 2nd half; so, he probably would have just run Foster and had the same result.

It is ridiculous that our HC didn't know the distance part of down and disntance on 4th down with the game on the line, though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #13
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is no excuse, but I'm in the camp that Foster wouldn't have gotten it either, because I believe the run-blocking was really that bad the whole 2nd half; so, he probably would have just run Foster and had the same result.

It is ridiculous that our HC didn't know the distance part of down and disntance on 4th down with the game on the line, though.
He was too worried about outthinking his opponent and being cute with the hurry up.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010   #14
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
He was too worried about outthinking his opponent and being cute with the hurry up.
Exactly. Either he waits too long to decide what he wants to do and has to waste a timeout or he rushes it and the offense isn't prepared.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010   #15
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I looked for the article but did not find what you saw. Sorry I could not help with the link if it was today's Chronicle. I stopped my subscription recently after many years.
Thanks for trying badboy. Yea, it's on the front page of todays Chronicle.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read