Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-11-2004   #1
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade talks with Dallas over Antonio Bryant

HoustonProFootball reported (from ProFootball Weekly) today that the Texans have initiated trade talks with The Cowboys for a possible trade for Bryant.

I wonder what we 'could' be putting on the table for this alleged trade negotiation.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

That's interesting.

I thought the general consensus was that he was a troublemaker and they had decided to stay away from players whose reputation preceded them!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
That's interesting.

I thought the general consensus was that he was a troublemaker and they had decided to stay away from players whose reputation preceded them!
Which makes me wonder what the Texans brain trust feels like it knows about Bryant that we don't. Curious. I can't honestly say that I don't already like our recieving corp as it is so I don't much see a need for this guy. I also can't say that any particular part of our team looks bad to me so nobody comes to mind who I'd like to see traded to get him.

Unless of course they're talking about an Antonio Bryant - Jonathan Wells trade straight up.

After all Jonathan just needs a change of scenery to reach his full potential right? He'd be a monster back for the Cowboys.
Old 06-11-2004   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I was just reading up on Bryant.

He has attitude problems; physically he has all the tools to be a top-notch receiver.

He's made some tough catches for the Cowboys but overall has not been as good as they expected. In an area where there is need he has not made the extra effort to be the clutch receiver they need.

I think he's just another very immature athlete that doesn't respect authority at all.

He must know by now that that will not work with Coach Parcells who has the reputation of taking NOTHING off his players

Coach Capers is cut from the same cloth I think as Coach Parcells.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is upset that he is their 3rd reciever and isn't very involved with the offense so if he is only their 3rd, why would we be interested in him?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a bit surprised HPF is running with Profootballtalk.com's story as a front-page piece. Profootballtalk.com is the National Enquirer of internet sports. It is a pure gossip outlet. It may have some merit, but I have to give this one a wait and see before I buy into it.

Bryant is enormously talented and we may feel we can get him on the cheap. Just remember we practiced with him the last two years so we have had an up-close look at the WR.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #7
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default why not

if we can get Bryant for a 4th round pick or later i say go for it, we proably wouldn't find a better reciever in next years draft, and with 2 years of experience he can come in and produce.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2004   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquescas
if we can get Bryant for a 4th round pick or later i say go for it, we proably wouldn't find a better reciever in next years draft, and with 2 years of experience he can come in and produce.

Heck i'd take Bryant for the Henson pick (what was it dallas' 3rd rounder?)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what is funny is people talk about attitude problems. I don't know, I don't follow the cowboys in the offseason. What I see in Bryant is 1) yes, immature and 2) firey and competitive and have seen him mad when the Carter wouldn't see him open and makes a dumb throw.

some complain that our "leaders" are quiet and we need vocal leaders. unless my analysis of Bryant is wrong.. he might be what our offense needs.. Until he matures, i don't know about leader though
Old 06-11-2004   #10
Texansbacker
Veteran

Ya you don't become a leader by throwing a towel at the coach.

My thoughts, if the Coaches and Mr. Casserly think Bryant would be better than our current stable of receivers, including the guy playing in the World Bowl, a 6'4" Jermaine Lewi, then who am I to argue.

What interests me is how good do you think Bradford and Gaffney and even Derrick Armstrong and Andre Johnson of course, can be if Carr will deliver them the ball? I would like to see all of them step-up big.

I agree with most that the line is going to be greatly improved and hopefully dominating as it certainly appears so on paper. The move to the new blocking scheme along with adding a quality line coach in Joe Pendry should also help out.

The added Bulls in front of Carr should provide the extra confidence he needs to hang in the pocket and zip it to the open wide-out or tight-end.

Combine that with the running of Rookie of the Year Running Back Dominick Davis and you have a bonified barn burner offense.

Early 2nd round pick, and physically gifted, Antonio Bryant would probably not hurt.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #11
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

if DC can keep Bryant's attitude in check i would do it. give the kid the opportunity to become our #2 receiver. that's his main gripe in dallas anyways. he just wants a chance to start. for a 3rd round pick it would be a pretty good deal. besides, some of you want us to draft a WR in next years draft anyways. he's got first round talent plus 2 years experience. AJ, Bryant and Gaffney would give us a nice young core of receivers for years to come.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
Ya you don't become a leader by throwing a towel at the coach.
I agree I am hoping it is just from immaturity
Old 06-11-2004   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153429 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansbacker
My thoughts, if the Coaches and Mr. Casserly think Bryant would be better than our current stable of receivers, including the guy playing in the World Bowl, a 6'4" Jermaine Lewi, then who am I to argue.
When reading stuff like this "scoop" keep in mind that profootballtalk.com is a pure gossip site like the National Enquirer. Most of their content is garbage and make-believe. If the story busts at a legit news site then I will put more merit in it.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read